Yeah they should have left it as a straight up rock song with electronic elements. Like the live version, oh well

Being completely honest I can see them having written the album version first, the live version comes across as more of an adaption of the song with traditional rock instruments, with Chris singing backing vocals.

I wonder how many times this will be said.

nero ruined the song.

ok, pehaps not 'ruined' it, but the live version was sure a hell of a lot better.

also, my much preferred version would be a slowed-down version with only Matt singing and some very minimalistic piano and 1 violin in the background.

also, my much preferred version would be a slowed-down version with only Matt singing and some very minimalistic piano and 1 violin in the background.

Oh god that would be horrible.

Without the massive chorus and electronic stuff all around this song would be a fucking bore.

What is up with Matt's vocals on this track(/album)? It's like 50% amazing, 50% hammy, jokey delivery?

I love his vocals in the song, I don't really notice much/any hammy deliveries, especially when compared to some of the other songs on the album.

3:23...oomph.

I love his vocals in the song, I don't really notice much/any hammy deliveries, especially when compared to some of the other songs on the album.

3:20...oomph.

The beginning of the song sounds quite odd vocal-wise, as does the beginning of Supremacy...and it seems parts of Panic Station too (listening to it for the first time on BBC 1 right now).It is probably a matter of getting used to it, I remember being weirded out by Survival's vocal delivery too at first, but now I barely notice it.

Archived