Worded it wrong: I meant it's not what I was expecting it to sound like. My exposure to Nero has been the likes of Promises and Me & You - I was expecting something with more of an electronic/bass vibe. There's a bit of that in the chorus, but maybe it'll be more evident in the studio version.

Yeah, the live version is very different from the studio version, since the studio version isn't done with what Muse are calling "real" instruments, as in bass, guitar and drums.

The live version is the half-electronic, half-rock version that Muse made before Nero came along. Kinda anyway.

This is such a sweet, emotional song but doesn't sound cheesy at all because of the great beat which, well, as the beat was inspired by Matt's baby's heartbeat makes it all the more touching.

It certainly gives me a sense of powerful feeling without being the slightest bit cloying. I think that's why it works so well. Chris possibly identifies, which may be why his backing vocal is so strong and emotional as well. Lovely song.

There are similarities to U2 but I don't think it loses anything through that.

I had this stuck in my head in my sleep last night... Why wasn't this the single?

Haha! I came to post actually, that I woke up with Follow Me in my head! I was also thinking that it is more catchy than Madness.

But we haven't heard the electronic version yet. Perhaps it is too different in musical style to have been chosen as first single.

Another thing, I thought that using the baby's heartbeat would be a bridge too far. I now think that it will add poignancy.

It also struck me that there are millions and millions of relationship songs but I can't think of many songs about having a baby, even though that is such a big thing in lots of people's lives.

Haha! I came to post actually, that I woke up with Follow Me in my head! I was also thinking that it is more catchy than Madness.

But we haven't heard the electronic version yet. Perhaps it is too different in musical style to have been chosen as first single.

Another thing, I thought that using the baby's heartbeat would be a bridge too far. I now think that it will add poignancy.

It also struck me that there are millions and millions of relationship songs but I can't think of many songs about having a baby, even though that is such a big thing in lots of people's lives.

I am going to physically cry if I don't like the real version as much. :'(

And, there's lots of songs about having a baby... it's just that they almost always suck.

I really thought this would be another Resistance copy of generic rock-pop but then when I realized the dubstep drop, I thought , yeah this is one to look out for. The arpeggio along with Dom's drumming reminds me to much of KoC. I wish I could hear the arpeggio more clearly, I don't know wether I like it or not, but at least it's back.

Archived