I just don't get Muse

chudenk

Musers calling someone pretentious and uneducated.

Well that's rich.

I've read all the comments and no one called him pretentious and uneducated that I could read, but the douche that wrote this is a hipster, and the whole Radiohead thing just proves to me how little he knows/therefore shouldn't even be thinking about Muse. Simple as, he wrote this piece so that he could inflate his ego while others like him (hipsters) fully agree with his hatred (of possibly jeolousy) of Muse and their popularity.

Muse built this from the ground up. Some of Matts lyrics are right on his sleeve and others are very thought provoking. Muse have never said they are prog rock. That is what they are labeled as. They could fall under any genre, that is why so many different people love them, because their musicality is so diverse.

He doesn't get it and doesn't want to. End of, move along, rant over.

Basically, what discoprincess said. Plus, I'm wondering if some people (mostly guys, no offense to the male muse fans) just can't get comfortable with Bellamy's voice - that's the only reason I ever hear from those very few people I know that don't like Muse.

I wouldn't change it for anything :phu: Just saying that maybe the voice makes people feel endangered or something? :chuckle:

The worst comment is the one that says, "I admit to quite liking 'Plug In Baby', but just get the impression that every song Muse have recorded since is a slight variation of it."

The stupidity of this comment was so strong, I had to comment myself.

I feel the pain. Every time someone brings something like that up I feel the incredible urge to slap them.

What really bugged me was this sentence in the comments:

They are a rock band for girls and immature boys who cannot appreciate real rock (or prog rock)

What does it imply? That girls have a bad taste in music? Or that all girls are so immature that you don't even have to mention it? Either way it really brings out the feminist in me. Never mind about hating Muse, people can hate Muse as much as they want, but I just hate to see sentences like that thrown around in the year 2012 :mad:

Archived