I just don't get Muse

chudenk

His criticisms of the band are very legitimate.

True. Which is weird, because obviously Matt is a very talented song writer, so it's odd that he and Dom and Chris choose to copy other bands' sounds so carefully. The songs as compositions would be as good without the copycat execution. As for lyrics, never gave a fuck about them one way or another.

That being said, these types of articles are annoying when they almost always seem to work on the premise that the writer is some special snowflake, who, unlike stupid people around him, realize a fault in something and therefore is a shining beacon of taste. No, Muse as a band is very divisive and has a LOT of people hating them.

They are really, but like most of these criticism articles the presentation was horrible.

Wut

Arguments:

1. Muse are copycats

2, Radiohead is better than Muse

3. Muse are talented, but Radiohead is still better spiced with a huge wank of Radiohead fanboyism

4. He hates stadium rock/ bombastic rock, therefore Muse sucks

Wut

Arguments:

1. Muse are copycats

2, Radiohead is better than Muse

3. Muse are talented, but Radiohead is still better spiced with a huge wank of Radiohead fanboyism

4. He hates stadium rock/ bombastic rock, therefore Muse sucks

The idea of Muse taking from their influences but never being as strong was a bit of an issue for TR and maybe some of T2L, at least for me. He never called them direct copycats though.

If I want to get into things I thought he did wrong

1. It's so snobbish it hurts, same with the comments agreeing with him entirely

2. Says most things as fact, even the opinions are loaded with implications of the former

3. His taste is the reason Muse are shit

4. Bands need complex chords, odd time signatures, and deep lyrics to be good

5. Muse should be compared to prog-rock

The idea of Muse taking from their influences but never being as strong was a bit of an issue for TR and maybe some of T2L, at least for me. He never called them direct copycats though.

He implied that Muse cannot write songs without some extend of copycating :phu:

If I want to get into things I thought he did wrong

1. It's so snobbish it hurts, same with the comments agreeing with him entirely

2. Says most things as fact, even the opinions are loaded with implications of the former

3. His taste is the reason Muse are shit

4. Bands need complex chords, odd time signatures, and deep lyrics to be good

I still think it was an elaborate troll :noey:

See the Radiohead wankfest in the middle...

True. Which is weird, because obviously Matt is a very talented song writer, so it's odd that he and Dom and Chris choose to copy other bands' sounds so carefully. The songs as compositions would be as good without the copycat execution. As for lyrics, never gave a fuck about them one way or another.

That being said, these types of articles are annoying when they almost always seem to work on the premise that the writer is some special snowflake, who, unlike stupid people around him, realize a fault in something and therefore is a shining beacon of taste. No, Muse as a band is very divisive and has a LOT of people hating them.

This so hard.

Archived