The new elephant in the room: Muse need to stop trying to be Queen

ChrisirhC

The RATM point is a good one actually. No one threw a hissy fit when Matt was trying to be Tom Morello in every other song.

The Queen influence is only in USoE and Madness. USoE is one of my favourite songs by any band, and Madness is pretty good too.

I would point out that Matt was never tries to just be Morello, he seems to aim to be the bastard child of Morello, Malakian, Carpenter and Hendrix. He's said one of his favourite albums is Lateralus, but I'd said the only real Tool influence I detect in his guitar work is on some of the solos. Adam Jones' style is far more atonal.

Survival's grooves before the solo made me think vaguely of Deftones, the solo itself was rather reminiscent of System.

I would point out that Matt was never tries to just be Morello, he seems to aim to be the bastard child of Morello, Malakian, Carpenter and Hendrix. He's said one of his favourite albums is Lateralus, but I'd said the only real Tool influence I detect in his guitar work is on some of the solos. Adam Jones' style is far more atonal.

Survival's grooves before the solo made me think vaguely of Deftones, the solo itself was rather reminiscent of System.

I've always thought the tool influence was their most subtle one. I can definitely hear it in their earlier stuff, but it's much more interwoven then their other influences have been.

I thought Deftones too, actually. And the solos were very reminiscent of toxicity.

I would point out that Matt was never tries to just be Morello, he seems to aim to be the bastard child of Morello, Malakian, Carpenter and Hendrix.

Yeah, he'll have lots of influences (inb4 Radiohead) but I always found the Morello one most prominent. Although I'll admit I've not heard many Deftones songs, I even had too google who Carpenter was :LOL:

Yeah, he'll have lots of influences (inb4 Radiohead) but I always found the Morello one most prominent. Although I'll admit I've not heard many Deftones songs, I even had too google who Carpenter was :LOL:

Rage's influences stick out a mile, whereas Deftones' influence is more evident in the dynamics and some of Matt's riffs; The Small Print has the classic jagged guitar sound that's present on lots of Deftones songs. Go find some more Deftones though :) Diamond Eyes is probably their most accessible release.

Rage's influences stick out a mile, whereas Deftones' influence is more evident in the dynamics and some of Matt's riffs; The Small Print has the classic jagged guitar sound that's present on lots of Deftones songs. Go find some more Deftones though :) Diamond Eyes is probably their most accessible release.

Mind you, songs like dead star are pretty deftones like. And Im pretty sure the riff in citizen erased came about with them in mind.

I love tha fact that their most accessible release isn't at all accessible :LOL:

Archived