The new elephant in the room: Muse need to stop trying to be Queen

ChrisirhC

I think they all mean the Madness Is A Song And U2 Also Makes Songs similarity. can't come up with anything else

and similarities are most often pulled from you all know where. you know, it's safe to say it sounds like something you know and it's not some christian gangsta rap jazz odyssey, ambient rebellious dubstep and face melting metal flamenco cowboy psychedelia, because it would make people afraid and not so keen of listening to it

The first song that sounded like U2 to me was Starlight.

whooooa, come on, people, calm down, let's take it easy, nobody has to suffer

obviously, U2 has got... erm... seven really wonderful songs?, but it's also one of the most overrated bands on the planet. and Starlight is shining piece of gold (yeah, I know many of oyu think the opposite but it's only your fault).

Obviously not if you have to ask :LOL:

Every time you lol, I get the impression that you are ridiculing people, biatch.

I wish Muse were influenced by Radiohead, Tom Waits, Jeff Buckley, Rage Against The Machine, etc.

Oh wai-

I wish Muse would write songs I like. Wait they do sometim- :p

Nothing bad about influences. All bands have them.

The best song of the year so far for me and many people is Elephant by Tame Impala which is the most glaringly obvious Beatles tribute ever. If it's good, fuck what band it sounds like, enjoy the track.

I think Matt's vocals have been sounding kind of like Bono since the Resistance tour.

The only Muse song that reminds me of U2 musically would be Madness, and really only the last minute or so, which wouldn't have sounded out of place on Zooropa.

I'd really rather they took more inspiration from U2 than Queen tbh.

I think Matt's vocals have been sounding kind of like Bono since the Resistance tour.

The only Muse song that reminds me of U2 musically would be Madness, and really only the last minute or so, which wouldn't have sounded out of place on Zooropa.

I'd really rather they took more inspiration from U2 than Queen tbh.

He's taken inspiration from Bono as he's gotten older and the old voicebox starts to get more worn, and Bono's voice is probably the best thing about U2 (out of not many good things) so no problem there seeing as his vocals on the BHAR tour were pretty bad compared to any other tour. Agreed on the next point. And the last sentence, no. I'd rather they didn't take inspiration from either. One is becoming a cliche now and the other is a very bland rock band.

I think all bands take reference points and inspiration from all their musical influences (even queen) and muse are no different. Being a massive queen and muse fan myself, I find it quite refreshing that muse choose to carry on certain elements of the "queen sound". But in no way is their music saturated with it. The bottom line is 99.99% of all muse' music is original, inovative and downright brilliant, and i dont think anyone should decry them for drawing on their influences!

I think all bands take reference points and inspiration from all their musical influences (even queen) and muse are no different. Being a massive queen and muse fan myself, I find it quite refreshing that muse choose to carry on certain elements of the "queen sound". But in no way is their music saturated with it. The bottom line is 99.99% of all muse' music is original, inovative and downright brilliant, and i dont think anyone should decry them for drawing on their influences!

agreed, mostly, i wouldn't say 99.99% is original, more around 85ish

The fuck? What have U2 done that sounds like Starlight?

People are pulling similarities out their arse here

It's not like I listen to it right now and think "god, it sounds so much like U2" But it was the very first thing that crossed my mind when I heard the song for the first time. Don't blame my arse, thank you :p

The best song of the year so far for me and many people is Elephant by Tame Impala which is the most glaringly obvious Beatles tribute ever. If it's good, fuck what band it sounds like, enjoy the track.

Just heard that and it sounds so fantastic. Sounds so much like uprising :p

Archived