Muse songs that are genuinely musically bad

Niall

Oh and Sippe, if you're referring to that time I told you how your theory of a great song can only get worse and a bad song only better, that was a once off :phu: .

Feels like this sentence is missing something.

What did you tell me about it?

Your theory was, well, a good one/ right.

Do you feel happier? Should I throw in a 'Sippe is so clever omg XD' while I'm at it? :)

I wasn't looking for compliments I just wasn't sure if it was positive or not since your sentence missed an ending. :LOL:

I wasn't looking for compliments I just wasn't sure if it was positive or not since your sentence missed an ending. :LOL:

Oh well in that case... :embarrassed: :LOL: I assume too much.

Edit: fuck how do I get the embarrassed smiley while I'm on my phone? :LOL:

I'd say Pink Ego Box, but some people like it for some reason. But I would classify it as a plain bad song. Woeful lyrics, pretty horrid vocals and nothing exciting about the instruments.

Agreed

Your username was created from the two least interesting Muse songs ever. I don't think you have a right to call Survival bad.

hi5

Starlight is probably the worst but its not really bad. Just super generic. As well as exo-politics. I'd say those are the two worst musically but I'd be better at this if I pulled up all the track listings to make sure nothing is forgotten.

Basically the way it goes is Muse's worst song is better than 90% of bands good or best songs. And I'm talking bands like Nickelback.

Starlight - agreed. Dull. And Guiding Light.

Prague definitely comes to mind. Not a big fan of the guitar work here.

Guiding Light. The lyrics aren't terrible IMO, but the generic synth-in-C progression gets old quickly.

And though I hate to say it, Madness. If not for Matt's voice you could hardly call it a song, but thankfully Matt's performance is strong enough to carry it home.

Actually agree re: Madness - hated it, but hearing it properly - Matt pulls it off. But only in the glasses.

Exo-Politics bad?

Its one of my favourites :mad:

I would love it if it wasn't for

1. the guitar in the verses, bleurgh, stop it

b. fuckin' Zetas

Yeah, I guess...I just think they could have done a lot more with it, that's all...As it is, musically, it's a mess...

but a bloody fun messy kind of mess

Map of your Head is bloody awful but kind of endearing

I'd love them to do Con-Science again and make it moar epic

Forced in and yes please. I can't listen to them they are painful :LOL:

:eek:

Fillip

:eek: :eek:

HOW VERY DARE YOU

I would love it if it wasn't for

1. the guitar in the verses, bleurgh, stop it

b. fuckin' Zetas

All Exo-Politics needed was more beefy bass during the verses and the original 'Burning Bandits' lyrics and it would've been top. To be honest, it should have just been Burning Bandits all together, I still like Exo-Politics though.

Map of your Head is bloody awful but kind of endearing

:eek: :eek:

HOW VERY DARE YOU

Map Of Your Head is roughly 128.96x better than Fillip :phu:

naaah

I disagree

I love Fillip, but that could just be because it was one of the first Muse songs I learnt the words to and used to sing with my mate to piss off our lame teacher at college.

AND IT'S GUNNA BEEEEEEEEEEEEE our last MEMORAAAY

Also re: the debate - this is the 'song' I always play when people are talking about music and what makes a song, etc. It's a bad song - but for me it still paints a picture. Art is art!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=837TfaxW99M

@Sippe and all other guys who like to read this:

I have read most of the posts before me, but it's not like that would change anything. Just because I say something doesn't mean you have to start a discussion about it. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think that music isn't anything that is naturally good.

Have a nice day

@Sippe and all other guys who like to read this:

I have read most of the posts before me, but it's not like that would change anything. Just because I say something doesn't mean you have to start a discussion about it. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think that music isn't anything that is naturally good.

Have a nice day

All in the spirit of debate! You're entitled to your opinion and I'm sure you didn't cause a fence :happy:

I said this because you always seem to be offended if anyone says something about "(objectively) bad music". It leaves the impression that you think music is something that can't be (objectively) bad. I don't think so.

He never said music was objectively good though. The point was the thread is asking what music is objectively bad, when music cannot be based objectively... at all.

I mean, what can you really base it off of? There's not certain qualities of music that can objectively make a track sound better. Off beat rhythms, dissonance, simplicity, complexity, etc. can all enhance or ruin a track for you. You can't really say one quality is better than another.

I said this because you always seem to be offended if anyone says something about "(objectively) bad music". It leaves the impression that you think music is something that can't be (objectively) bad. I don't think so.

As Kueller just stated, saying something can't be objectively bad doesn't imply that it's objectively good. :erm:

Whatever reason you can find for saying a song is objectively bad, that criteria is both made up and judged by yourself. All the things Kueller mentioned for example. Even if we DID for some reason claim these to be the objective criterias to evaluate music...how would you judge them without being subjective? Let's say rhythm is an objective criteria. What is the objectively best rhythm?

Archived