Muse songs that are genuinely musically bad

Niall

I'd say Resistance. They use the I-V-vi-IV progression (or the blink 182 progression as I like to call it) which results in the song sounding unintentionally poppy and therefore shit.

You started good and gave an argument, but then your argument turned as I like to call it unintentionally shit.

Poppy = shit? :wtf:

You started good and gave an argument, but then your argument turned as I like to call it unintentionally shit.

Poppy = shit? :wtf:

No, poppy music isn't necessarily bad music. I Belong to You is intentionally (i.e Muse intended it to be) quirky/poppy and thus is likeable. But Resistance comes across as poppy even though it sounds like Muse intended it to be a "proper rock"(i.e not poppy) song. Hence why it doesn't sound so good.

• 1 month later...
It's dissonant?

But then atonal music can still be considered musically bad.

Then again that's pretty much the argument for the whole thread.

I'm pretty sure you know this, but dissonance doesn't make something bad. Dillinger Escape Plan are almost pure dissonance but they're also very good musicians.

I'm pretty sure you know this, but dissonance doesn't make something bad. Dillinger Escape Plan are almost pure dissonance but they're also very good musicians.

Yeah I know.

Actually, on the second line I was supposed to type "good" instead of "bad". Maybe that would've made more sense...

I'd say Pink Ego Box, but some people like it for some reason. But I would classify it as a plain bad song. Woeful lyrics, pretty horrid vocals and nothing exciting about the instruments.

Funny you should mention that, that is actually the one I thought of. I think it sort of is bad musically, but that also makes it a sort of an adorable little duckling.

But I guess one has to go into production here as well, so I'll say:

Exo-Politics, ToaDA, Hysteria. The first two are just loud as fuck, with an over-the-top amplified guitar. Hysteria is of course brilliant, but such damp drums.

• 1 month later...

Archived