Muse songs that are genuinely musically bad

Niall

Can anyone name a truly bad song that Muse have done? And I don't mean a song you don't like or a song that is of a genre you don't enjoy, I mean a song that is genuinely musically bad. Can anyone actually name one and qualify their reasons objectively?

Can anyone name a truly bad song that Muse have done? And I don't mean a song you don't like or a song that is of a genre you don't enjoy, I mean a song that is genuinely musically bad. Can anyone actually name one and qualify their reasons objectively? Feel free to start in a new thread as it's getting a bit OT from TSL.

prague is pretty bad... had to say it

Can anyone name a truly bad song that Muse have done? And I don't mean a song you don't like or a song that is of a genre you don't enjoy, I mean a song that is genuinely musically bad. Can anyone actually name one and qualify their reasons objectively? Feel free to start in a new thread as it's getting a bit OT from TSL.

Survival

Musically it's very good actually (except for the choir, which was done pretty badly).

-Generic chord scheme on repeat.

-Really badly done choir.

-Absolutely terrible lyrics.

-Drags on.

-Guitar "solo" which is the most generic thing I have ever heard.

-Loses momentum very fast.

-"Epic" note at the end is not really that epic.

-Generic chord scheme on repeat.

-Really badly done choir.

-Absolutely terrible lyrics.

-Drags on.

-Guitar "solo" which is the most generic thing I have ever heard.

-Loses momentum very fast.

-"Epic" note at the end is not really that epic.

- Plenty of great music has generic chords on repeat. That has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of music.

- Yes, the choir is pretty bad

- The lyricis have nothing to do with the music. If that's your complaint I'm surprised you like Muse at all. And regardless, his vocal performance is top notch.

- How is that solo generic? Guiding Light, Exo, Hysteria, those are generic solo's. This is techincally much more impressive guitar work for Matt.

- What are you talking about? It gains momentum if anything. Unless you have some definition that relates in no way to music.

- That's not a fact, it's an opinion.

Starlight is probably the worst but its not really bad. Just super generic. As well as exo-politics. I'd say those are the two worst musically but I'd be better at this if I pulled up all the track listings to make sure nothing is forgotten.

Basically the way it goes is Muse's worst song is better than 90% of bands good or best songs. And I'm talking bands like Nickelback.

Prague definitely comes to mind. Not a big fan of the guitar work here.

Guiding Light. The lyrics aren't terrible IMO, but the generic synth-in-C progression gets old quickly.

And though I hate to say it, Madness. If not for Matt's voice you could hardly call it a song, but thankfully Matt's performance is strong enough to carry it home.

Archived