Happens a lot at ALL the time ;)

Well after the setlist poll shit no one trusted anything the band said anymore. Then once they promised a full Origin set everyone went crazy with THEY'RE GONNA PLAY DEAD STAR, AND FUTURISM, AND FURY, AND etc.

Now we're back to not trusting the band.

Well after the setlist poll shit no one trusted anything the band said anymore. Then once they promised a full Origin set everyone went crazy with THEY'RE GONNA PLAY DEAD STAR, AND FUTURISM, AND FURY, AND etc.

Now we're back to not trusting the band.

Muse is a bad girlfriend/boyfriend to have :noey:

I had a look at it and it looks like it's not as bad as I thought. It was pretty much Chris saying he'd like to play Agitated but doesn't think it would be fair on new fans, and Matt saying that songs like Plug in Baby always have a place, but won't be about as much.

I think New Born will only get played around half the time. It was pretty much already dropped completely last year, and only got played because of the full Origin play-throughs.

:rolleyes:

Well, at least I have a year to look at the setlists to see if I want to see them this tour or not. If the album is really good then I'd go though.

No, but I think Chris suggested that they were gonna play Dead Star, I remember that being a source of disappointment for a lot of people.

Again, people jumped to conclusions really quickly. Especially considering Dom directly promised a song only a few months ago and they never played it.

That's the problem with some fans, especially the guitar nuts. I often hear people saying "Oh I don't like the new songs as I can't play the electronic parts".

I'd love if Muse became totally electronic, just to piss everyone off.

So Muse should piss off a significant portion of their fan base just because they have different tastes in music than you do? Give me a break.

Bits have been translated that have said they won't be playing old songs or b-sides live on this tour and that there will be no b-sides for this album.

My first reaction to this was "surely you must be trolling." And then I realized you weren't. Meh.

My first reaction to this was "surely you must be trolling." And then I realized you weren't. Meh.

I'm pretty sure I remember Matt saying that doing the OoS performance at Reading/Leeds was going to be like their way of closing that chapter and saying goodbye to that era. I could be remembering it wrong but the impression I got was that we should be seeing less older songs played live.

I'm pretty sure I remember Matt saying that doing the OoS performance at Reading/Leeds was going to be like their way of closing that chapter and saying goodbye to that era. I could be remembering it wrong but the impression I got was that we should be seeing less older songs played live.

If I remember it right, he did say that, but mostly just implied that there were songs that hadn't been played in ages, and probably wouldn't be played again. It didn't feel like it referred to PIB and the other songs they were still currently playing.

Now, Matt apparently saying PIB could be played "rarely" doesn't bode well for other OoS songs, I suppose...

But, I suppose it's inevitable that Muse shows become more of a "new songs/greatest hits" show live, as their cataloge gets sufficiently large enough that they would have to omit more casual fan favorites in place of oldies. :(

Now, Matt apparently saying PIB could be played "rarely" doesn't bode well for other OoS songs, I suppose...

Well, he said it'd be played less regularly than before. I doubt it'll be rare, just maybe rotated every now and then, same with New Born (except NB will probably be rotated more often).

I think he said something like it would be drawing a line. But also said, or one of them said, that it would be a point where they would consider their direction, so he wasn't ruling out using influences from that era in their new music. I may be wrong on that though.

But I think it might have been more contemplative than making any defined decisions on what they would play in the future, but I think they also said that the older songs would be played less.

I'd be proper pissed off if there were no b-sides. They've recorded more than the songs appearing on the album, so surely some of those can appear on singles? And we know from the BH&R days they'd written tons of songs that didn't make it even to b-side level - why not one day release them as some sort of EP?

I'd already come to terms that the next tours will hardly feature any older songs, because they'd pretty much gone down that route throughout the Resistance tour (R&L being the exceptions!), but singles without b-sides is just wrong, lol!

I'm aware of that, but I was kinda hoping playing OoS again would, y'know, make them take that back or something.

I'd be proper pissed off if there were no b-sides. They've recorded more than the songs appearing on the album, so surely some of those can appear on singles? And we know from the BH&R days they'd written tons of songs that didn't make it even to b-side level - why not one day release them as some sort of EP?

I'd already come to terms that the next tours will hardly feature any older songs, because they'd pretty much gone down that route throughout the Resistance tour (R&L being the exceptions!), but singles without b-sides is just wrong, lol!

So much this.

I remember them saying they wrote more songs than what's on the album, but I don't think they recorded them. They must not have thought them worthy. But yeah, they should let us be the judge of that. :phu:

They came to the making of this album with more ideas than they had for The Resistance but that doesn't mean that they all became proper songs. I'm sure there are some reasonably complete demos around, but if they didn't even believe in the songs enough to give them real studio time for further consideration then I don't think it's likely they would want to throw them out there in even rougher shape.

They came to the making of this album with more ideas than they had for The Resistance but that doesn't mean that they all became proper songs. I'm sure there are some reasonably complete demos around, but if they didn't even believe in the songs enough to give them real studio time for further consideration then I don't think it's likely they would want to throw them out there in even rougher shape.

Maybe they only recorded those tracks that will be on T2L, but that's usually not the case with Muse. They tend to record more, but some don't make the final cut. I can understand from their perspective not wanting to release songs they might not be as proud of or think are good enough, but it seems odd for a band which has released b-sides for nearly 15 years to be suddenly self-conscious or overly-selective about those tracks.

The point of b-sides, to me, is to throw the not-as-great songs out there so we hear something new and not quite as 'holy' as the album-worthy songs, if that makes sense, lol! It's great to get a different slant than the album-only tracks, which they've done with every singles era, so I can't understand why T2L would be any different. Plus, in a lot of cases their b-sides have proven to be better than album tracks (although I wouldn't apply that argument to the TR singles :chuckle:).

If they don't want to throw out songs in 'rougher shape' that's a shame, because as things like the Newton Abbot demo proved, they can be well-received by fans who really just want to hear what kind of stuff they can produce - they can leave it to us to judge how good it sounds :p

Maybe they only recorded those tracks that will be on T2L, but that's usually not the case with Muse. They tend to record more, but some don't make the final cut. I can understand from their perspective not wanting to release songs they might not be as proud of or think are good enough, but it seems odd for a band which has released b-sides for nearly 15 years to be suddenly self-conscious or overly-selective about those tracks.

They only recorded the songs that ended up being on the album for TR, there were none leftover from that so it wouldn't be surprising that the same has happened this time.

However, I do agree that we should be the ones to judge whether a song is good or bad. Besides, if it's a b-side, I don't see why they're so self-conscious about it anyway.

Maybe they only recorded those tracks that will be on T2L, but that's usually not the case with Muse. They tend to record more, but some don't make the final cut.

I'm pretty sure they said in an interview that they shot down songs that they didn't think were good enough early on in the writing process, which I assume means they never got recorded (and, if they did, only in a crude demo form).

Archived