I assume Showbiz is pretty much out of the question nowadays. By the sounds of it, Plug In Baby and maybe New Born are gonna be the only songs staying from OOS too, and even they'll become less regular apparently.

To be honest, I could deal with that as long as they played some album tracks from at least Black Holes and The Resistance. Better that than new songs plus biggest singles all tour, though there's a good chance that could happen. It could go either way.

I assume Showbiz is pretty much out of the question nowadays. By the sounds of it, Plug In Baby and maybe New Born are gonna be the only songs staying from OOS too, and even they'll become less regular apparently.

Citizen Erased had a good run on the last tour, as did Bliss. Can see them rotating the older songs.

Citizen Erased had a good run on the last tour, as did Bliss. Can see them rotating the older songs.

Well as they have specifically said they won't be playing old songs, I think it's safer to assume that they won't, to avoid raising expectations, but I wonder if that includes Plug in Baby and Feeling Good. I would guess that old songs refers to the first two albums, but it could even refer to the first three now! :eek:

Actually the term "old songs" means little without clarification of what it refers to. All we know from that statement is that they will definitely play songs from the new album. :LOL:

Well as they have specifically said they won't be playing old songs, I think it's safer to assume that they won't, to avoid raising expectations, but I wonder if that includes Plug in Baby and Feeling Good. I would guess that old songs refers to the first two albums, but it could even refer to the first three now! :eek:

Matt said in the interview that PIB will always be in setlists but will probably become less regular. Don't know about Feeling Good, but Chris has insinuated that New Born will stay as well.

Matt said in the interview that PIB will always be in setlists but will probably become less regular. Don't know about Feeling Good, but Chris has insinuated that New Born will stay as well.

I had a look at it and it looks like it's not as bad as I thought. It was pretty much Chris saying he'd like to play Agitated but doesn't think it would be fair on new fans, and Matt saying that songs like Plug in Baby always have a place, but won't be about as much.

I think New Born will only get played around half the time. It was pretty much already dropped completely last year, and only got played because of the full Origin play-throughs.

I had a look at it and it looks like it's not as bad as I thought. It was pretty much Chris saying he'd like to play Agitated but doesn't think it would be fair on new fans,

Why wouldn't it be fair on new fans?

I don't see why they should cater to people that only know the recent stuff, it's stupid.

And maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't pay a significant amount of money to go to a concert of a band that I kinda like or am not familiar with all of their stuff.

Why wouldn't it be fair on new fans?

I don't see why they should cater to people that only know the recent stuff, it's stupid.

And maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't pay a significant amount of money to go to a concert of a band that I kinda like or am not familiar with all of their stuff.

I certainly wouldn't pay the amount of money the tickets costed this tour to go see a band of which I only know the singles and some songs from the last 2 albums.

It is really annoying how they cater to the new/casual fans. Claiming it's unfair to play older songs because newer fans might not know them is bullshit. It's unfair on the older fans who've supported you and put you where you are to not play just a couple of older songs.

I certainly wouldn't pay the amount of money the tickets costed this tour to go see a band of which I only know the singles and some songs from the last 2 albums.

It is really annoying how they cater to the new/casual fans. Claiming it's unfair to play older songs because newer fans might not know them is bullshit. It's unfair on the older fans who've supported you and put you where you are to not play just a couple of older songs.

You're right.

This is nothing new really. They've been doing this for years anyway.

It's not like I'll be seeing them on this tour anyway, it's unlikely they'll drop by Croatia or Serbia so I could go see them.

This is probably the first time the band have said something that has really bugged me :mad:

You've done it, Muse. You've finally done it. You've bugged Hannah. You bastards :noey:

Seriously though, if this turns out to be true and the tour is just new songs + greatest hits, I'll be very disappointed in them.

Seriously though, if this turns out to be true and the tour is just new songs + greatest hits, I'll be very disappointed in them.

Isn't that what they've done on the last tour?

With the exception of two or three older songs...

You've done it, Muse. You've finally done it. You've bugged Hannah. You bastards :noey:

I know it's upsetting me :(

Why do they seem to lose faith in their Old songs popularity!? Matt needs to sit down and watch hullabaloo to remind him how mental the crowd was. Or that version of sing for absolution from wembley 2007 where the crowd sings along to the chorus.

Isn't that what they've done on the last tour?

With the exception of two or three older songs...

Last tour had CE, Bliss, Ruled By Secrecy, Cave, Sunburn, Unintended, Dead Star, Can't Take My Eyes Off You. Even if most of them were rare, it sounds like more than we're getting this time.

Edit: Plus, I'd sort of hoped that things might get better now, what with Chris being healthy and Matt being over Gaia.

Last tour had CE, Bliss, Ruled By Secrecy, Cave, Sunburn, Unintended, Dead Star, Can't Take My Eyes Off You. Even if most of them were rare, it sounds like more than we're getting this time.

Edit: Plus, I'd sort of hoped that things might get better now, what with Chris being healthy and Matt being over Gaia.

Well they might have rarities here and there, but most of the TR tour had a standard setlist, which is probably going to be the case with this one as well.

The thing that upsets me the most though is that they want to please the new ~fans, not the fanbase in general.

Happens a lot at ALL the time ;)

I can't believe people are already asking for OOS songs to be played even though we've got a new album to be released with a bunch of songs that we don't know yet :LOL: Stuck in the past, much? How old are you guys, sixty?? :p (no offense to the fab sexagenery Muse fans out there :awesome: )

I can't believe people are already asking for OOS songs to be played even though we've got a new album to be released with a bunch of songs that we don't know yet :LOL: Stuck in the past, much? How old are you guys, sixty?? :p (no offense to the fab sexagenery Muse fans out there :awesome: )

That doesn't mean we can't discuss Muse not playing older songs to cater to casual fans.

Archived