Should Muse produce their albums or not..??

Dudge

As far as mixing and sound-layering goes they're doing a better job by themselves than they did with a producer on BHaR.

They're not doing that themselves though. They still have a bunch of other people working with the mixing and mastering.

I think we all want that. I'd love an album produced by Atticus Ros. It could be awesome to see where that goes.

That'd be ace as well. Just a couple of collaborative short-players would be pretty cool. That way you'd get a new spin on their sound and it'd be really focused and concise, like AtD-I's Vaya EP or Glassjaw's Colour Green.

Steven Wilson would be perfect, really. The production and mixing on the Porcupine Tree records is simply amazing.

That'd be ace as well. Just a couple of collaborative short-players would be pretty cool. That way you'd get a new spin on their sound and it'd be really focused and concise, like AtD-I's Vaya EP or Glassjaw's Colour Green.

All of these

. As far as sound goes it's often just as important who handles the mixing.

This.

Songs could sound radically different depending on what things are high or low in the mix - as far far as Muse sounding "polished," "radio-friendly" or instead more "raw" and "powerful," or making songs more stripped back, I'd say the mixing is the most important factor, especially given how single-minded I'm sure Muse are about what sounds they commit to tape.

Archived