Round 3 - I DID IT RIGHT!!!!

Larry.

Press the button... Go on... PRESS IT!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Press the button... Go on... PRESS IT!

Entry 1

Interesting...I've not actually heard it done like that before...Although you probably showed exactly why...I'd love to play those synths on guitar...But it's no easy feat and it shows unfortunately...A better transition at the end of the synth playing would have been better too...The middle bit is bit odd and the end has mistakes all over the place sadly, even on the easiest parts of the song...It's a shame because I reckon with a bit of practice you've got the right idea on some parts of it...If you put a bit of work into perfecting it, I'd be interested to hear and improved version in the next contest...

Entry 2

A decent performance but sounds a bit too fuzzy at times, particularly in the chorus and parts of the verse once the guitar parts actually kick in where it could definitely be a bit clearer, as it's a bit hard to hear exactly what's going on in a few places. Generally not too bad though, but could definitely be improved with a recording that sounds a bit less compressed. It's just let down by that in a few places really.

Entry 3

Solid. Very solid. A little stumble in smoothness just after a minute in, and I was hoping to hear that diving slide down kind of sound at about 2.07, but it's hard to find any serious fault with the performance really. Nice solo too. Not sure what that effect was but it was kind of cool. Good work indeed.

Entry 4

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I'm loving this. The quality of entries this year has really ramped up. Although, on the other hand...Hmmm...It's interesting that the best entries all seem to have taken full advantage of layering and multiple tracks. I was under the impression that that was largely discouraged but there we go. Seems kind of harsh on those who opted for the one take approach though when there are others with MIDI backing tracks and 3 or 4 layers of guitars for various parts or effects, sounding a hell of a lot more professional. Just saying. Can't fault the playing though. Very well done.

Entry 5

Short but sweet. Particularly love that ending. Nice to have something a bit different from the others too. I don't know what else to say really. Well played.

Entry 6

Map Of The Acoustique? Haha, I have to say, a very nice take on something of a classic. I'm really not sure what I can add to that. It's a shame Muse don't try things like this. I've heard some great acoustic versions of songs which normally have loads of effects, and I'm sure they could do something equally brilliant. Look at Hyper Chondriac Music. Really nicely done anyway, good job!

Entry 1Hmmm...It's interesting that the best entries all seem to have taken full advantage of layering and multiple tracks. I was under the impression that that was largely discouraged but there we go. Seems kind of harsh on those who opted for the one take approach though when there are others with MIDI backing tracks and 3 or 4 layers of guitars for various parts or effects, sounding a hell of a lot more professional. Just saying.

Yeah, I can kinda get what you mean. I think in the rules we said that you can use multi tracks/overdubs as long as it's not to cover up mistakes, which none of them are doing as far as I can tell. On my first entry I only used one track, then second round I had two parts, and this round sort of the same

Anyone can do a MIDI backing track, and I guess the layering just shows another skill. Or whatever

I think in the winter ones with the videos they should all be like single live takes rather than loads of layers, but these audio ones are fine

EDIT:

Nice solo too. Not sure what that effect was but it was kind of cool.

Muff

Archived