Round 3 - I DID IT RIGHT!!!!

Larry.

Press the button... Go on... PRESS IT!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Press the button... Go on... PRESS IT!

Did that guy play every instrument then? I always presumed it was just guitars

I thought you were Assassin ... I think it was everything. The whammy bit between the interlude and the chorus was gone which led me to believe he did everything.

Could also be a BT without that bit in it too.

Kueller related edit: Ok so midi drums.

Number 6 gets my vote any day of the week, great vibe to it. Have to knock half a mark off it for missing the opportunity to bring in some frantic maraca part way through; I could hear it happening really clearly in my head and was genuinely disappointed when it didn't happen :LOL:. What's great is that you could take the vocal from that cover and the instrumental track from the original and have something that sounds dangerously like Depeche Mode.

Number 6 gets my vote any day of the week, great vibe to it. Have to knock half a mark off it for missing the opportunity to bring in some frantic maraca part way through; I could hear it happening really clearly in my head and was genuinely disappointed when it didn't happen :LOL:. What's great is that you could take the vocal from that cover and the instrumental track from the original and have something that sounds dangerously like Depeche Mode.

I wanted more cabasa.

Whoops, meant to enter this one :facepalm: Damn deadlines....

Jimbo's Thoughts:

1. Dat intro....what the literal fuck? :noey: Got marginally better once there was an actual guitar part to play, but there were way too many bum notes, as well as what sounded like cavernous reverb and being out-of-blues-rawk-IntelligentAl-tune.

2. First thought: WE ALL PLAY SYNTH. Dig the intro. Whoever did this one must have an MB-1 :ninja: Or a Sustainer, but speculation on the MB-1 is more interesting. Halfway through the second chorus now, and I'm thinking the gain is far too saturated for this song - playing loses definition in chords. Nice Whammy action. My guess: Bs (see what I did there?) :awesome: Good cover overall, and nice mix.

3. Ooh, City of Delusion :awesome: But the acoustic playing is weak :( And no vocal track :supersad: Chorus guitar noise is weird - acoustic? Electric? Both? So confused.... Electric playing is much stronger than the acoustic though, so that's a plus. Nice work on the solo, too.

4. Assassin. This will be challenging, but awesome if pulled off. So far, so good. Two guitar tracks? Hardcore. Dig it. Amazing mid-song jam thingy. Really, really nice work.

5. Good jam.

6. Slow. Cool. Clapping? Dig it. Progressing along nicely. Then the singing....umm....yeah. I don't like the singer-songwriter vibe I'm getting here. Not a bit. Funny as shit, though :LOL:

Voted for 4

Whoops, meant to enter this one :facepalm: Damn deadlines....

Jimbo's Thoughts:

1. Dat intro....what the literal fuck? :noey: Got marginally better once there was an actual guitar part to play, but there were way too many bum notes, as well as what sounded like cavernous reverb and being out-of-blues-rawk-IntelligentAl-tune.

2. First thought: WE ALL PLAY SYNTH. Dig the intro. Whoever did this one must have an MB-1 :ninja: Or a Sustainer, but speculation on the MB-1 is more interesting. Halfway through the second chorus now, and I'm thinking the gain is far too saturated for this song - playing loses definition in chords. Nice Whammy action. My guess: Bs (see what I did there?) :awesome: Good cover overall, and nice mix.

3. Ooh, City of Delusion :awesome: But the acoustic playing is weak :( And no vocal track :supersad: Chorus guitar noise is weird - acoustic? Electric? Both? So confused.... Electric playing is much stronger than the acoustic though, so that's a plus. Nice work on the solo, too.

4. Assassin. This will be challenging, but awesome if pulled off. So far, so good. Two guitar tracks? Hardcore. Dig it. Amazing mid-song jam thingy. Really, really nice work.

5. Good jam.

6. Slow. Cool. Clapping? Dig it. Progressing along nicely. Then the singing....umm....yeah. I don't like the singer-songwriter vibe I'm getting here. Not a bit. Funny as shit, though :LOL:

Voted for 4

I really dont understand you, at all.

So many "nearly" tracks (thats a compliment) I wasnt going to do a song by song post but as i wanted to talk about each one of them them i ended up doing it.

Number 1 was a cool idea and if it was who i think it was then its understanable why it sounded like it sounded i.e. it was rushed, but it was a cool idea.

Number 2 was cool but had too much gain :( which is apity coz the synthy parts were cool.

Number 3 was fantastic, but I just cant stand that song, mixing and playing was cool but I dont think ive ever listened to that song in full so no idea how it should/could have sounded.

Number 4, assassin :awesome:, tone and playing was great, and the guitar work over the extended part was really brilliant. Something though, I havent listened to it in ages but did the verses and choruses have an extra bar? Thats not a criticism btw.

Number 5 another cool bass cover, tone awesome, playing awesome, track awesome.

Number 6 was brilliant lol, proper cover. The singing reminded me of 69 eyes and I couldnt take it seriously after that, which was my own fault ofc. But it was genuinely good.

All cool and i voted for 4. Had multiple votes been in I would have picked 3 and 6.

This response leads me to ask, "Which cover was yours?"

heheheheh

In every round my cover has received generally the same reaction, which I guess is alright. I know I'm not the best player but people seem to think that I put out alright covers, although they still can point out things about my playing which is flawed which I can agree with and can work on

Archived