Dual bridge P90s

Crackpot_Raptor

So the only guitars I've ever seen dual bridge P90s on are Matt's guitars, and I was wondering, if anyone's made a replica, or played a manson that had this setup, what does it sound like? I've been curious for a while, and I haven't been able to find any info on it. Does it sound kinda like a humbucker? Or does Matt just use one at a time? Any info is much appreciated :happy:

Oh cool I'll look up their build threads then

James' is an actual Manson so their won't be a build thread for him but they will be for musecasters. I think it's the mirror kaoss build. A quicker way is to private message one of them.

And what about James' orange Stark? It's got them too

Nah that one doesn't have the dual P90s. Only the stealth and mirror E shape.

As for the sound, I have mine wired on a 3 way switch, so there are 3 different sounds.

Bridge facing P90 only - does exactly what it says.

Series - this basically functions as one massive humbucker. Sounds huge, but to be honest, it loses a bit of attack. Works well with distortion, not so well with clean. While it basically acts as a humbucker, it does sound a bit different from the 'traditional' type. MUCH more lower mids, and not a lot of high end.

Parallel - I use this setting the least. Think of a 2 pickup guitar (like a les paul) in the middle position, but with a bit less low end because of the placement of the back pickup. Still nice to have the option though.

As far as I know, Matt has his wired for two settings... bridge facing only and series

Nah that one doesn't have the dual P90s. Only the stealth and mirror E shape.

As for the sound, I have mine wired on a 3 way switch, so there are 3 different sounds.

Bridge facing P90 only - does exactly what it says.

Series - this basically functions as one massive humbucker. Sounds huge, but to be honest, it loses a bit of attack. Works well with distortion, not so well with clean. While it basically acts as a humbucker, it does sound a bit different from the 'traditional' type. MUCH more lower mids, and not a lot of high end.

Parallel - I use this setting the least. Think of a 2 pickup guitar (like a les paul) in the middle position, but with a bit less low end because of the placement of the back pickup. Still nice to have the option though.

As far as I know, Matt has his wired for two settings... bridge facing only and series

Awesome, thanks for the info. I might have to get a guitar with this setup some day, when I have the money... :$

Archived