Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's funny how this song grows on you. When I first heard it I thought "meh. By the time the album come out, I could abide it, and tended to listen to it as part of the album without it being anything special. Now I've got "Unsustaina-Unsustaina-Wah, Wah, WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW" in my head and it won't go away! :LOL:

It's funny how this song grows on you. When I first heard it I thought "meh. By the time the album come out, I could abide it, and tended to listen to it as part of the album without it being anything special. Now I've got "Unsustaina-Unsustaina-Wah, Wah, WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW" in my head and it won't go away! :LOL:

When it firsted came out I listened to it on repeat. Many times... That's why I didn't like it too much when the album was actually out, but now I love it again

This. I still don't like the actual song very much, but it's always stuck in my head :LOL:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah it was the same for me, and it still won't go away :LOL:

I finally warmed up to this song a bit...only to become annoyed when I realized how close the wub wub hook is in sound tone and pattern to Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex (a song I had never really listened to before).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw?#t=40s

I like Unsustainable a lot, really, but I remember hearing the Skrillex song a few months ago and thinking "er, ok, Muse, got it" haha.

EDIT: I don't really mind the similarities, it's just that it makes it so much more obvious that Muse didn't make brostep better by using "real" instruments.

I can agree on the latter part. However, listening to that Skrillex song made me wonder if the song got stuck on a loop after two minutes or so - still not my cup of tea even if I do enjoy many forms of electronic music. I'll rather take the Muse bastardisation in this instance, even if the whole thing seems to go down as yet another Muse bonerkill.

Shit, it's been 9 months.

:(

Consequently, the amount of time it took to enjoy this song and care enough to do my research.

I can agree on the latter part. However, listening to that Skrillex song made me wonder if the song got stuck on a loop after two minutes or so - still not my cup of tea even if I do enjoy many forms of electronic music. I'll rather take the Muse bastardisation in this instance, even if the whole thing seems to go down as yet another Muse bonerkill.

Unsustainable is definitely a better song imo, it's just that the drop is weak as fuck compared to pretty much all dubstep/brostep.

Now THIS on the other hand:

Unsustainable is definitely a better song imo, it's just that the drop is weak as fuck compared to pretty much all dubstep/brostep.

Now THIS on the other hand:

That is infinitely more enjoyable than the Skrillex song. I don't think my laptor speakers did justice to the drop, though.

Archived