Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

I love Unsustainable, although the first time I heard it kind of scared me! :LOL: It was late at night and was dark in my office and I put the video on full screen. When that robot first showed up it gave me the creeps! But I just loooooove the strings and the choir at the beginning. Majestic and haunting at the same time. Wish I could've been in the orchestra for the recording session (I play viola and violin)!

P.S. ignore the title of this post. Was trying to type in the stupid captcha. *rolls eyes*

Does anybody know if the videos for Unsustainable and Isolated System are still offered with the purchase of the album on Muse.mu? I did not preorder it since I just picked up the CD at the store on the day of release. If they are still available, is it only with a particular package? I don't see anything in the store referencing the videos anymore.

Does anybody know if the videos for Unsustainable and Isolated System are still offered with the purchase of the album on Muse.mu? I did not preorder it since I just picked up the CD at the store on the day of release. If they are still available, is it only with a particular package? I don't see anything in the store referencing the videos anymore.

They were only available from pre-order, I think. You can always find some on Youtube though.

They were only available from pre-order, I think. You can always find some on Youtube though.

Ugh! I know it's on YouTube. I've watched both videos there.. Someone also decided they should only be viewed on your phone's screen or through a browser at some point around the release date. I'd like to be able to easily play them on my 55" TV. The video is much more effective when experienced through a large screen and sound system. So I'm trying to find a way I can purchase both videos. I don't get why it's being made so difficult to at least be able to purchase them or why they feel the need to suddenly block us from playing it on YouTube on our TV.

Ugh! I know it's on YouTube. I've watched both videos there.. Someone also decided they should only be viewed on your phone's screen or through a browser at some point around the release date. I'd like to be able to easily play them on my 55" TV. The video is much more effective when experienced through a large screen and sound system. So I'm trying to find a way I can purchase both videos. I don't get why it's being made so difficult to at least be able to purchase them or why they feel the need to suddenly block us from playing it on YouTube on our TV.

As I've said, you can't buy them. People got a download code if they pre-ordered the album. Presumably, if the videos get blocked, it's something to do with copyright, people are also asked not to film the visuals of Isolated System at concerts as well.

wat

Well from looking at the live vids, you can't see much cus he's facing the other way. It doesn't look like he's playing the slides at least. I dunno, haven't watched it that carefully, I'm just a bit doubtful.

And Hannah, it could easily have been a separate recording to the album version, just like IS sounds different from the album version.

Well from looking at the live vids, you can't see much cus he's facing the other way. It doesn't look like he's playing the slides at least. I dunno, haven't watched it that carefully, I'm just a bit doubtful.

And Hannah, it could easily have been a separate recording to the album version, just like IS sounds different from the album version.

And how do you know he plays slides? Well he doesn't play slides at all. Check the making of, it's normal playing with lots of whammy pedal action (which is used by a guy behind the stage, in the gigs).

Also, IS is a different version but even there they play some bits live (guitar and drums near the end)

And how do you know he plays slides? Well he doesn't play slides at all. Check the making of, it's normal playing with lots of whammy pedal action (which is used by a guy behind the stage, in the gigs).

Also, IS is a different version but even there they play some bits live (guitar and drums near the end)

My mistake yeah,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ_oP0Mn2_Q

Going from about 6 and a half minutes here, he doesn't play a slide, that's just what it sounds like.

Just clarifying. :)

Explain because I don't know anything about midi :$

Go back a few pages to the soundcloud thing I posted. It sounded terrible cause 5 minutes of editing but the whammy was entirely controlled by computer.

It makes more sense that Matt would have an automated whammy since the effects have been the same each gig.

Go back a few pages to the soundcloud thing I posted. It sounded terrible cause 5 minutes of editing but the whammy was entirely controlled by computer.

Oh do you mean that the effect is automatic and programmed? But wouldn't it sound exactly the same from a gig to the other? The drops sound a bit different from Montpellier to Paris, I think.

Oh do you mean that the effect is automatic and programmed? But wouldn't it sound exactly the same from a gig to the other? The drops sound a bit different from Montpellier to Paris, I think.

he's playing different notes on the guitar but the pitch shifting effects have been consistent so far.

Oh, fair enough. I'd rather have a guy controlling the whammy from behind though (or Matt controlling the whammy by himself obviously :LOL:)

Wouldn't really make a difference if it was automated or controlled back stage, but yeah it would be more authentic if Matt moved the treadle himself.

Wouldn't really make a difference if it was automated or controlled back stage, but yeah it would be more authentic if Matt moved the treadle himself.

Which guitar is he using for it? The Bomber had that MIDI strip that can control the treadle, and the Kaoss pad can as well :)

Archived