Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

:wtf:

He definitely talked about playing this LIVE.

I think he said something like: "The song was written to be an intro to the concert. It's the one I'm most looking forward to playing." I'm not scrolling back through the Q&A to find the exact quote though :p

I guess he means that the string part will be an intro, but they will play the actual drop part.

I can see this song working as an intro to a concert. I don't like the woman talking on the track, but I do like the rest of the song. It's no Exogenesis Pt. 3 (my personal favourite track on The Resistance), but I do like Muse's instrumental tracks in general because they do go beyond what most bands are capable of, instrumental-wise.

Seems like most people rank this pretty low, but this is still one of my favorites on the album. Just so apocalyptic sounding. I love both this and Isolated System, though I feel like Unsustainable works SO much better at the beginning of the album.

Even though they're technically a two part song thing I think they would work better as bookends to the album, Unsustainable being the opener and Isolated System being the closer. I think it would give the album a more clear theme and tie everything together better. I think Unsustainable will be even better as a live opener too!

I should really hate this song: It's full of electronica and incredibly pretentious, but you know what?

It grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me thoroughly till all the "hell yeahs!" come flying out.:D

Love it!

Well actually there's nothing electronic in it, but I see your point :chuckle:

Even though they're technically a two part song thing I think they would work better as bookends to the album, Unsustainable being the opener and Isolated System being the closer. I think it would give the album a more clear theme and tie everything together better. I think Unsustainable will be even better as a live opener too!

Yes I think you have made a good point there, particularly as Chris's songs have no relationship to Unsustainable at all. It does seem a bit awkward as it is. Unsustainable is the strongest at summarising the album theme so to have it first would have made the theme more obvious, rather than having it tagged on at the end.

But it's done now so...

The violins at the start are epic; the whole song just sounds like the prelude to some cataclysmic event. The voice fits, but it does begin to grate after the 50th listen. Maybe they could release a voiceless version in the future and replace it with a lot more of Matt's falsetto wailing.

The violins at the start are epic; the whole song just sounds like the prelude to some cataclysmic event. The voice fits, but it does begin to grate after the 50th listen. Maybe they could release a voiceless version in the future and replace it with a lot more of Matt's falsetto wailing.

You do know that there's no falsetto at all in the song, right?

Archived