Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

I like how the two dubstep sections leave to a lot of improvisation. Matt will probably play different "versions" of the "riffs" on tour :yesey:

This!

:matt:

What do people have against the woman, YOU SEXIST BASTARDS

The only thing I have against her is the way she says "growth" in "a species set on endless growth".

The first time I heard it, I thought she said "rape". The second time I heard the proper "growth". However, each subsequent time, it now sounds like she's saying "grape" or "grayth".

The only thing I have against her is the way she says "growth" in "a species set on endless growth".

The first time I heard it, I thought she said "rape". The second time I heard the proper "growth". However, each subsequent time, it now sounds like she's saying "grape" or "grayth".

wut-mate.png

Yeah, it's awesome. Unexpectedly awesome. That middle section takes it somewhere else entirely, it's just a huge song. The secret is headphones and volume, and to not even concern yourself with the video. Fuck me it's big, but proper big, not just chuck in a faggy choir and a repetitive stadium drum track to make it seem big. It's got a real depth in that middle section and just insane guitar work around it.

Completely different to Survival, but I love both. For the first time, I seriously optimistic about the album.

Sorry, I really can't appreciate this song. And I don't even mind Skrillex, dubstep or shredding or whatever you'd like to call it.

The different parts of the song are just too jarring (exception to the first 'dub' bit --> orchestra, around 2 min mark). It doesn't come together well at all.

The shreddy / dubstep bits I wouldn't mind, but they sound more like some amateur improvising some silliness over the top

'unsustainable'

skee skee skeeeeee!

'un-sus-sus-tainable'

skoo skoo skoooooo! (again around 2 min mark)

The music going from the orchestral bit to the second newswoman bit to the second 'dub' bit does not fit together at all. We're talking circle hole to square peg.

The video is horrendous. Why are people running around in a forest? Protesting against something? They don't look very angry. Running away from something? Err what? Businessmen and economies? The woman can't really act, I don't know if she's trying to be concerned, be apocolyptic or be a straight-faced news reader. The video doesn't even fully time the band's actions to the song. Reminds me of those bad 80s videos where the band is playing a completely different part to the music. The robot is annoying as ever, and I'm not talking about the 'unsustainable' dubbing.

And I won't start on the whole dubious logic and message the lyrics are giving.

Do I mind Muse experimenting with different genres? Hell no. Do I mind weird songs? Hell no. Do I dislike this song? Yes. And I like every single song they put out (with the exception of Fillip :rolleyes:)

Just my 2p :D

EDIT: I think we can all agree that the middle section is very nice tho ;)

Archived