Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

The video is basically the full version of the trailer, for people wanting to know. Great song, can't see it getting played live though :chuckle:

True :(

I have to say, I promised myself I wouldn't force myself to like any of the songs off the new album if I really didn't like them, but this is phenomenal!

2 to 2:50 is really the best thing they've done since 2006.

Idk barring Exogenesis I'd probably agree with you. Best thing since Hoodoo for a regular song. Even if this is two parts. Hope Isolated System continues.

I'll just say that after that second news reading and that awesome drum build up it should've just gone into a heavy riff session with some electronics layered into it. Something like MOTP but heavier. But oh well...

Don't you even like the melody of the strings? I think it's beautiful.

Nah, just your generic "EPIC" Muse album orchestral bit.

I do like the drums though, but otherwise, yeah I think it's pretty lame - just sounds like a poor imitation of Skrillex's already shit sound.

Am I the only person annoyed by that news report bit?

DAT HIGH SCHOOL WORLD VIEW.

Pseudo-intellectual at best, they take in way too much Alex Jones and David Ickes

This was definitely not a song I expected to be disappointing, but on first full listen, it was.

Like it isn't really bad, it's just repetitive. After the part we heard in the trailer, nothing else seemed to add to the song very much.

Are you kidding me? I thought Matt sounded outstanding. By far my favorite part of the song together with the strings section.

I would have much preferred a full song of that rather then the dubstepity part. :D

Saying that they copied the dubstep part is just a bit stupid... almos in every chorus on every song you hear the same voice and the same instrumental (with maybe some change in the last), so therefore, the argument is invalid.

The song is awesome, not the best of them but a good experimental wave. Looking forward to the full album :musesign:

Saying that they copied the dubstep part is just a bit stupid... almos in every chorus on every song you hear the same voice and the same instrumental (with maybe some change in the last), so therefore, the argument is invalid.

The song is awesome, not the best of them but a good experimental wave. Looking forward to the full album :musesign:

The reason the "dubstep bit" works is through the initial shock impact it has on the listener. When repeated, this impact is lost and its weaknesses come to the fore - it's piss-thin with very little substance to it.

The reason the "dubstep bit" works is through the initial shock impact it has on the listener. When repeated, this impact is lost and its weaknesses come to the fore - it's piss-thin with very little substance to it.

Couldn't it be that your surprise was spoilt by the trailer?

Are you kidding me? I thought Matt sounded outstanding. By far my favorite part of the song together with the strings section.

I would have much preferred a full song of that rather then the dubstepity part. :D

As much as I love the part with Matt's vocal and I'd like to hear more. I think it would have been overdone if he had been wailing like that throughout the song. :chuckle: Less is more. It is the brevity of it that makes it striking I think. It makes me want to cling on, which fits very well with the theme.

Incidentally though I think it is easier to take in the music without the video, I still really like the video. Makes me feel so sad when the people are running. I think they are meant to be the people of the future, innocent victims of the mess we have made. :(

The strings and melodic part of the song take me right back to 2002/2003 when Muse were still tragic and apocalyptic, maybe that's why I like it so much. I don't mind the dubstep at all. It's there for the funsies. It lacks lyrics but at least it's a lot better than the massive pile of wank that is Survival in its entirety.

Couldn't it be that your surprise was spoilt by the trailer?

But he is right. The fact the second part is almost identical just loses any instant shock value the first part had. It's like if USoE were to go back soft and break into the "be only one!" again, it wouldn't be as special. Instead they build up to that part a second time without being the same.

Don't get me wrong though, this is the first release in years from Muse that's actually got me excited.

>Implying that 2009 stuff was better than Survival and Unsustainable

(no, I'm not trying to greentext)

>not greentexting

>implying

Archived