Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

well sweet holy shit. I stay away from the boards for one day and BANG! I won't bother reading through all those pages, which probably only contain stupid complaints and sarcastic bullshitery anyway. so, after my first 6 and a half minutes of crazy jumping around in the room "YAAAy full unsustainable!" I quickly cooled down and realised that we basically got 50 extra seconds to the trailer song we already had. but those fifty seconds are... just too epic to describe. I love everything about the song now, I'm even good with the reporter woman, the only thing that bothers me is that the last part of the song was the same as the bit after the first drop. imo it could've built up into something different, even more extreme, I wanted them to push everything to the limits, like go totally crazy with all the electronica, but because that didn't happen, I shall rate it 9/10. (well, who knows. let's wait for isolated system)

I'm Sirius, dewd.

Stop playing wiv ma emoshuns :supersad:

Also, the song is factually wrong...we're not in an isolated system in any sense of the word. This album's thesis is just plain silly.

But it's leik a metfor 4 emoshuns n stuf. It's jus 2 deep 4 u.

I loved it but they supposed to do something different on the 2nd dubstep riff, watching the full video only gave us that part after the first riff since we've heard like 3/4 of the song from the trailer. I love that part! but yeah..you know

edit: matt's scream reminds me of hyper music

I love everything about the song now, I'm even good with the reporter woman, the only thing that bothers me is that the last part of the song was the same as the bit after the first drop. imo it could've built up into something different, even more extreme, I wanted them to push everything to the limits, like go totally crazy with all the electronica, but because that didn't happen, I shall rate it 9/10. (well, who knows. let's wait for isolated system)

Completely agree, the strings should have come in during the last bit too. Or something else even more epic. Just not that.

And yet, the very first word of this thread is "amazing" :p

Yeah cause I really like it anyway :p I just don't think it's that good, it's just some angsty movie trailer classical music, Matt moaning, some heavy riffs that sound like a polished outro of Stockholm Syndrome and some vocal samples, and some nice work from Chris and Dom :LOL:

Yeah cause I really like it anyway :p I just don't think it's that good, it's just some angsty movie trailer classical music, Matt moaning, some heavy riffs that sound like a polished outro of Stockholm Syndrome and some vocal samples, and some nice work from Chris and Dom :LOL:

So in your book, Guiding Light is more than amazing? :wtf:

Well, it could have been good, but it never goes anywhere and basically has two parts that feel very disjointed. It's like they were writing a completely different track and then heard Skrillex for the first time. Probably good jumpy stuff live, but not much to listen to on album.

You know, I was fine with Black Holes and even The Resistance wasn't bad, I'm not ashamed to say I like Muse.

But this? I really can't say I like it. Cheesy news report and even worse robot voice with a wub wub drop? The worst part isn't even the dubstep, it's the awful strings and predictable chord progression. The actual dubstep was weak and bland, and it's kinda lame that it just repeats at the end. It could have at least been a little different. This is what happens when people who only listen to Skrillex try to produce dubstep. Fucking DUBTHUGG could have done a better job.

I can handle cheesy "epic" music, but I just think this is terrible.

But I give them credit for actually pulling off the whole brostep thing with just a Whammy pedal and some creative guitar playing.

Archived