Predict your favourite track on The 2nd Law.

Jimmyneutron

Which song do you think will be your favourite?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you think will be your favourite?

After the clips:

1 - Supremacy

2 - Animals

3 - Liquid State

4 - Panic Station

5 - Explorers

6 - Isolated System

7 - Follow Me

8 - Save Me

9 - Prelude + Survival

10 - Big Freeze

11 - Unsustainable

12 - Madness

Obviously still just guessing for quite a few songs but still, things have changed a lot :chuckle:

I still stand by Liquid State. :phu:

Panic Station and Animals are tied for second. Supremacy should sound better on the album.

It's hard to hear the strings on that clip. Which I'm sure will add a lot.

Still looking forward to Explorers (not my most anticipated track though). Muse rarely disappoint with a piano + blackout style sounds cool.

It's hard to hear the strings on that clip. Which I'm sure will add a lot.

Still looking forward to Explorers (not my most anticipated track though). Muse rarely disappoint with a piano + blackout style sounds cool.

Definitely. Just the oomph of everything combined should give it a major boost in points. :yesey:

Definitely. Just the oomph of everything combined should give it a major boost in points. :yesey:

Lets hope he got the guitar tone right on the album. Does anyone remember when we heard US at Teignmouth and it was heavy and then we got the album version and he used that thin over drive sound. That crippled that song just a tiny bit for me. Hope they nailed it with Supremacy though.

Lets hope he got the guitar tone right on the album. Does anyone remember when we heard US at Teignmouth and it was heavy and then we got the album version and he used that thin over drive sound. That crippled that song just a tiny bit for me. Hope they nailed it with Supremacy though.

That's the only thing I'm worried about. US sounds so epic and huge live, yet the album version is so dull and bland sounding.

That's the only thing I'm worried about. US sounds so epic and huge live, yet the album version is so dull and bland sounding.

Ack. That's right. You guys totally killed my potential Supremacy boner. :noey:

Ack. That's right. You guys totally killed my potential Supremacy boner. :noey:

Well on the plus side people mentioned huge symphonies and stuff like that. You could kind of hear it in the live version but it feels like it sounded a lot more stripped down than the album version will be.

I think it'll sound fine. The guitar in Survival doesn't sound bland like the album version of US, same with Unsustainable.

Exactly. He used a lot of that crunch overdrive on TR. Survival as an album track has a nice tone to it. I'd like the same tone on Supremacy. But then the settings he used on the madness solo is a bit of the worrisome overdrive I'm talking about. So it could be a mixed bag this album. Hope animals set up is almost identical to the live one as well.

Well on the plus side people mentioned huge symphonies and stuff like that. You could kind of hear it in the live version but it feels like it sounded a lot more stripped down than the album version will be.

They also mentioned a trumpet solo. How shit would it be if the guitar solo second verse was on trumpet....I'll stop lol. I basically jizzed my pants all over Supremacy and now I'm trying to float back down to earth and make sure the album version turns out just as good.

EDIT: wont double post anymore. I dont wanna take the time to edit for a multi quote though :$

Archived