Which song do you think will be your favourite?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you think will be your favourite?

Four names have gained my attention and I've yet to listen any of them but it will be worth it :

1.Panic Station : When "Ghostbusters" Meets Superstition (my fave Stevie Wonder track ever) and some RHCP's kind of slapsticking Bass.

Cherry on the cake, The lead trumpetist who recorded the said Superstition in 1972.

2.Supremacy : Ennio Morricone + Led Zeppelin's Kashmir + Horns + James Bond Rock Stadium

3.Big Freeze : Gospel meets Rock (hopefully like the brillant "All These Things That I've Done from The Killers fame).

4. Liquid State : "Rockiest" track from the album and Mr Wolstenholme sounding like Tool and A Perfect Circle frontman = WIN

Four names have gained my attention and I've yet to listen any of them

Really? I was under the impression that you had listened to all of them with the album not being out and all ...

Anyways, I guess with the comparison to PA and homicidal lyrics I'm going to say Animals is my most anticipated track. Although Supremacy (Hans Zimmer + Sleazy metal riff) and Explores (piano song that is similar to Blackout) both sound very promising.

Supremacy, Explorers, Big Freeze (Stadium-stomp sounds good, whatever that is), Liquid State and Panic Station. I also predict the first two songs on my list will be my two favourite songs on the album.

This thread could aslo be called, "Which songs will you get your hopes up for and be unreasonably be disapointed by?"

Since it was told that Big Freeze sounds a lot like U2 I'm a bit disapointed.

Supremacy, Panic Station, Follow Me and Animals are who lead this pace of optimism.

Since it was told that Big Freeze sounds a lot like U2 I'm a bit disapointed.

Supremacy, Panic Station, Follow Me and Animals are who lead this pace of optimism.

I forgot about that. It seems every description for a new Muse song these days is Queen + *insert some other artist here*. Sadly, it's usually been accurate so far. :LOL:

This thread could aslo be called, "Which songs will you get your hopes up for and be unreasonably be disapointed by?"

I concur.

From what I read, I have this imagination of Supremacy being really good, with all those ingredients. But it will probably be a let-down :( love Unsustainable and Madness though, don't get me wrong.

Edited by Jetro

:chuckle::yesey:

but aside from my not so very high hopes. I do hope to be pleasantly surprised by the album, and find myself quite excited about hearing 'Panic Station' :happy:

I think Supremacy will be a beast. A bit like the RAWR of Take a Bow as opener, haha. I have a feeling that'll be the best, followed by a Chris track :awesome:.

Especially as Matt said in todays interview something about having far more songs on this album which will work live compared to the last album they only felt they had '4 or 5' and described supremacy as a classic rock song like they haven't done for a whole :D

Especially as Matt said in todays interview something about having far more songs on this album which will work live compared to the last album they only felt they had '4 or 5' and described supremacy as a classic rock song like they haven't done for a whole :D

Which interview was that?

I can feel it being a bit of a New Born or at least something heralding the OoS era: really riffy and beefy :\mm/:. I hope anyways! Still have yet to listen to the interview. I read the Q feature several times, though, lol.

I feel like Panic Station will be a lot like Marrow by St.VIncent. Instrumentally I mean. If this is true I will flip...in a good way.

Definitely looking forward to Follow Me but I don't think it will be my favourite. Should be fun to see how it turns out.

Swamp rock/Kashmir/Hans Zimmer/Wings

I really don't see how a song like that could be anything less than great. But I've been wrong before.