KITTEN TAB FACTOR ROUND 2 - I ballsed it up!

Larry.

Let's try again  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Let's try again

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/kittetab-factor/2-1[/soundcloud]

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

Had to be recorded in 3 parts for 3 different sounds, and due to latency issues some parts are slightly out of sync.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/kittetab-factor/4-1[/soundcloud]

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/kittetab-factor/5-1[/soundcloud]

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

This track consists of a MIDI bass and drum track sequenced by the entrant, as well as 3 recorded guitar tracks.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

This is both a bass, and a guitar cover.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

There were a lot of issues during the mixing of this track because of different recordings at different tempos or something... long story short, it's not meant to have a phaser, but I think it sounds cool anyway. Vocals provided by a muser different to that that provided the guitar.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

This wan't meant to sound so thin, but it got fucked during export.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/kittetab-factor/3-2[/soundcloud]

This is an entry that I missed... sorry guys :(

FOR FUTURE ROUNDS!!! Might I ask that ALL entries are sent to kittentabfactor2012-summer@hotmail.co.uk one at a time with the ROUND NUMBER AS THE SUBJECT. Not saying it's anyone else's fault, but I almost ballsed up last time because I had to hop between .mu, email and facebook. Bs and Bentley need not re enter as I have your tracks already.

What happened to the votes, swear Dom had already?

edit: and my post summing it up too :supersad:

editedit: OHHHH new thread. Larry :noey:

Here you go babe

1 is good, albeit not the most difficult of tracks.

2 is great, dats some fast bass playing, kudos! Gets my vote

3 is also good, quality isn't the best but to be expected with an unreleased song

4... tone... middle bit is good but toan is

5 FUNKEH STUFF. And tight playing too.

6. Fucking brilliant. Seriously. Only reason I didn't vote for you is because I know you'll get votes

7. Is good, although again, the difficulty isn't huge.

8. COOL PHASE BRU. Is that you singing?

9. Tight enough cover, although there's a few mistakes, timing issues and tone is gone lad

Overall quality is insane so far, so much better than last year's

Jimbo's Thoughts:

1. Was alright. Bonus points for Biffy. Sounded slightly out of tune and too muffled.

2. Very nice.

3. Very confusing. I can't really hear the backing track, which makes the cover parts on top confusing without any sort of context for me to put them in. Mastering problems and out-of-sync parts take away from the performance. Sound is pretty thin, too.

4. Diggin' the ambient-ness. Diggin' it. Actually, just diggin' the whole thing. Really a lot.

5. NICE '60s blues toan and feel. Hard choice between 4 and 5 so far.

6. Initial reaction: OMG FOO FIGHTERS :awesome: Good playing so far, if that's kept up it'll be a very convincing performance for me. Aaaaand.....it does. So well done. Mind blown.

7. Same as 3 in the poor mixing, but the playing was good. Liked it.

8. Mix is good. Playing is good, but I don't like the song.

9. Sounds thin - some attempt at remedying that should've been made, but other than that sounds really good. Playing is good. This one's got to be James.

10. Same as 3 - poor mixing gives little context for the playing. Sounds alright, albeit a tad sloppy. Dig the trem flutters in the second verse, however. IMO, needs something like a tad of reverb or chorus to sweeten the clean sound, which is fairly dry.

Hard time between 4, 5, 6, and 9, but in the end I have to vote for 6. Frankly, it's fantastic in every way. The playing is tight, focused, and spot-on, the mix is good, and I'm highly impressed by the self-made MIDI tracks. Additionally, the cherry on top was the improved bits during the bridge and outro - much like Hod7ube (or whatever his username was), the entrant manages to keep the original spirit of the song while adding their own tasteful licks in appropriate places, although I think the solo during the outro could've ended sooner. Lastly, absolutely fantastic playing. Really well done. Also doesn't hurt that I love the foo Fighters ;) Really hope that wasn't MFC....

I'd actually quite like Jim to enter

Hell I want everyone in KnT to enter

even if it does involve pisstakes of U2 :awesome:

Might do one. What's the next round?

Guest Batman.

Yeah I thought that last one would've been really good if it wasn't for the absolute terrible mixing :LOL:

I'm going to vote for 4 again.

Archived