1st Single Announced // New Album Release Date

KirkBot

Survival was for the olympics. It's on the album, but wasn't released to promote it.

Absolutely true. But it was still the first single to be taken from the album. It was a song recorded for the album, as part of the same sessions, and is on the album, and was always intended to be on the album, and released alone as a single, and it charted as a single, regardless of what it was promoting.

Great to know a date for "Madness". The 20th isn't that far removed from the 14th date people were speculating on.

As far as the delay goes, it sucks but what are you gonna do? I hope it's just because there are a lot of albums coming out around the first release date and they moved it to avoid it getting lost in the pile and not for any technical reasons.

Edit: If the reason for the delay is because they added text to the artwork because of all the whiners out there, I'm going to be pissed off. The artwork is fine sans text and those complainers will have caused us to wait yet another month.

Nah, it's because of the high density of release dates. Warner would be playing two of their biggest bands (Green Day and Muse) against each other and The Killers in a lot of regions and it's not a good move in terms of chart decisions and sales, so the band and the company do better off if they stagger them.

I think they'll probably still stream a few songs from the album on the 17th or something though, or we'll get a "Join The Resistance" style thing happening.

That was my inital line of thinking. They don't want the album to get lost in the pile of new releases around that time. There are a lot of albums coming out in the next few months.

I'm fine with there being a delay because it gives me more time to save up for the album. However, someone here mentioned how there was now text on the artwork and it started me on the angry about the delay for a non-issue bandwagon.

Absolutely true. But it was still the first single to be taken from the album. It was a song recorded for the album, as part of the same sessions, and is on the album, and was always intended to be on the album, and released alone as a single, and it charted as a single, regardless of what it was promoting.

Well, I guess Muse are just stupid.

Archived