Oh my Crystal Castles were good

shiet, have they played anything from the new album? (apart from plague, they probably opened with that one)

@james

that rewinding stuff sounds like a good idea, can i make the pickup sound worse by messy winding? although that seems like too much of a hassle for shit tone

and is a bit of a bellend.

From the interviews I've read I think he's pretty awesome :LOL: haven't really listened to anything from him though

shiet, have they played anything from the new album? (apart from plague, they probably opened with that one)

@james

that rewinding stuff sounds like a good idea, can i make the pickup sound worse by messy winding? although that seems like too much of a hassle for shit tone

No idea! I had never checked them out before but they totally blew me away

@james

I'm not actually sure. It'll certainly sound different, but it depends how bad they are to begin with!

and you call that too much of a hassle? I'm still trying to get GSK's tone, but unfortunately I think it's in that index finger of his.

how was the sound? when i've seen them last year you almost couldn't recognise any of the songs because of the tent drenched everything in reverb + the soundguy fucked it up:(

Sound was great this year at Reading and CC sounded fantastic. Proper chest rumbling stuff. Gonna download some stuff by them now

From the interviews I've read I think he's pretty awesome :LOL: haven't really listened to anything from him

I used to think that too, and liked how he slated "DJ's" who just press play and fade into each track. Fast forward two years and he does this big blog post on how he just presses play and lets Ableton do all the work. What a potato.

Fuck Skrillex though.

James, had a little back and forth with BKP about tele pick ups.

I'll copy paste it in incase it helps anyone else.

The 55 Stagger is much brighter and offers a typical Tele tone - clear, bright with all the vintage snap and sparkle you'd expect.

The Piledriver, although pretty hot, does still offer traditional tones and often surprises people. A much thicker and deeper tone, but a firm favourite due to the clarity and character.

A more vintage set might be the Flat 50. They're historically accurate and are thicker and chunkier than your average tele coil and a firm favourite.

4 way mod would offer an extra function. In the 4th position it goes into series - effectively doubling the DC, so changes to a very thick and full tone. If you want to order a set with 4 way mod, then we strongly recommend a 'stock' neck.

Due to the distance between the two coils, the 4th position when RWRP sounds wooley - really not a good idea.

The Flat 50s are our most popular tele set and are very versatile - they do have a thicker feel than usual, but are not contemporary at all in design and tone.

The Piledriver does surprise people - clarity, character and output, but it is the hottest set we do, so for a more classic vibe the Flat 50s would be better.

Your sarcasm is so biting. I can barely take the way people on the Internet judge me so harshly.

Cunt.

stop arguing you two!

Also, does anyone remember why toff was actually banned? I always thought it was because he was constantly misbehaving, but apparently it was for a different reason

wasn't it the blee - picard thing?

Nah that just got him banned for two weeks. It was apparently something much worse than that.

It was around the time a few other users got banned. I found the post, but it just has a link to a different post which was deleted.

Archived