As this seems to have become the new royal blood general discussion thread have any of you seen the session they did with pure volume, probably one of the only time I've properly seen their sound captured.

Have a listen to this :D

Yeah I saw those a while back. I liked the ones from spotify, but those seem to be gone now.

Drums sound great, but isn't the bass weak? A bit of the low end in the mix is almost missing. Vocals also don't have the "live" feel...

Year your probably right, it does seem that their sound is difficult to capture properly. I just like the lead guitar sound and drums in this particular take.

Oh and James what we're the Spotify sessions like I have heard a few people mention them now but I never got to see them :(

Year your probably right, it does seem that their sound is difficult to capture properly. I just like the lead guitar sound and drums in this particular take.

Oh and James what we're the Spotify sessions like I have heard a few people mention them now but I never got to see them :(

it's audio only, and it seems to still be available, but not on youtube.

on the subject of royal blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6C4sqU1f8

4:23... best tone description I've heard (although TGP would disagree)

I think there's a picture of that setting somewhere, but I don't think he's using the EQ anymore (at least not on the board)

Does the guacamole add toan?

• 8 x large, ripe Haas avocados (cut in half the long way, remove the pit—SAVE THE PIT THOUGH--, and dice into large cubes with a butter knife. 3 or 4 slits down, 3 or 4 across. You’ll scoop out the chunks with a spoon, careful to main the avocado in fairly large chunks.)

• 4 x vine-ripened tomatoes (diced)

• ½ x yellow onion (finely chopped)

• 1 x full bunch cilantro (chopped)

• 4 x Serrano peppers (de-veined and chopped)

• 1 x lime

• Salt & pepper to taste

• Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, careful not to mush the avocados too much. We want it chunky. Once properly mixed and tested, add the pits into the guacamole and even out the top with a spoon or spatula. Add ½ lime to the top later so you cover move of the surface with the juice (The pits and lime will keep it from browning prematurely.) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until served. Please don’t make it too early before it’s served. We’d love to have it around 5 pm.

To be honest, he's probably still got a hummus recipe that has more of an effect on his tone than this.

General Kittah Stabs IV: Guacamole, trannies, Royal Blood and toan.

Just remove that last bit and we have a winner.

Also

Most users ever online was 8,394, Today at 07:47 AM.

They must have been looking for the guacamole schematic. Here's the revised version:

1423272256_353.jpg

Kweschun:

What is shoegaze?

CxdcdW2.jpg

Actually, it might be better to ask Jim. He plays a jazzmaster (well, a dodgy copy) and has many pedals. He is also viewing this very thread right now.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that I only just found out about this band... add that to the list of ones that I'll never see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QoahFtF7eU

I googled shoegaze. Verdict? Mediocre at best.

ye

This thread is taking so long to die I feel like Prince Charles patiently waiting for it to end

If it makes you feel better, I can go ahead and start the new one early (in K&T tradition)

Just come up with a good title.

Edit:

Or we could let Dave do it