404 toan not found.

:phu:

I do realize the bass tone is a bit lifeless on that, but it was pretty difficult to get a decent sound with it going through that amp setup

James, if you need more assurance that the destination was worth the journey, I Shazam'd'd'd your video and it recognised it. I think you're walking away with a W from that one.

James, if you need more assurance that the destination was worth the journey, I Shazam'd'd'd your video and it recognised it. I think you're walking away with a W from that one.

The first (QOTSA) or second (royal blood) one? It would recognize the first one because it has the actual track playing in the background, but I'm surprised if you mean the second one

withdrawal? (or does W mean something else in Europe? :facepalm: )

No the link just doesn't work for me :chuckle:

Still works fine for me :confused: Try this? http://instagram.com/p/wrDiuNsb-B/?modal=true

Otherwise, no idea why it's not working.

BTW, how do you generally set your bass DI when using drive pedals with it?

Nah the QOTSA track haha! And W meaning Win! :D

That second video didn't load for me but now I really want it if it's Royal Blood :mad:

Nah the QOTSA track haha! And W meaning Win! :D

That second video didn't load for me but now I really want it if it's Royal Blood :mad:

Yeah that makes sense.

No idea what's happened. I just tried it in my other browser and it gives the error message, but it works fine in this one and on my phone. I see a few people have liked it recently, so it must be working on their phones

One of the functions in the drop down list isn't showing up, so maybe it's... technical difficulties :pope:

:facepalm: ... try it now.

Haha, works fine now :LOL:

Sounding great! I love detuning vile orange and going crazy with Loose Change.

Haha, works fine now :LOL:

Sounding great! I love detuning vile orange and going crazy with Loose Change.

What tuning are you using for that? He has that bass in DGCF, but I've always played those songs in drop D (which is probably more difficult in some cases)

What tuning are you using for that? He has that bass in DGCF, but I've always played those songs in drop D (which is probably more difficult in some cases)

Yeah I'm the same man, just drop D. You can only be so accurate with a six string, so I really just mess about with their songs in between RATM riffs :LOL:

BTW, how do you generally set your bass DI when using drive pedals with it?

Works now :happy: (and now there's toan!)

If I use pedals with it I set the pedals without the DI first, and then slowly start with the EQ from 0; I find the colouring useful if I want to get an Ampeg-y sound, but otherwise it's more annoying than helpful.

Mind that you of course have the Bass VT as DI, I have the Bass Driver Deluxe.

I always get the sound on my BDI21 right for my dry bass, then add pedals and set them to compliment the "amp" sound. Then feed this into the effects return of the bass amp, and DI to the desk from the BDI21.

Works now :happy: (and now there's toan!)

If I use pedals with it I set the pedals without the DI first, and then slowly start with the EQ from 0; I find the colouring useful if I want to get an Ampeg-y sound, but otherwise it's more annoying than helpful.

Mind that you of course have the Bass VT as DI, I have the Bass Driver Deluxe.

Seems like the octave sound is a bit off, but I figure that's because I'm using the micro POG and not the POG 2 or whatever it's called which has more TONE SHAPING options

and thanks, I'll try that. It just sounded like SMBH but an octave lower when I ran the animato into it :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc6zXSdYXm8

Dem bass toanz from the start on...

thinking I could make that using some sort of crash sync type sub-octave generator. Although it also sounds like there is a little pitch envelope filter at the start of each note. no idea how thats done

It's synth not bass incase you weren't sure. Live it's played on a little keyboard and actually bass comes in at 4:20

so then just after 4:20 when there's the bass swells, do you reckon that's synth or bass? You can hear the sound of sliding across strings at 4:55, but that's right before the bass changes again.

it's a seriously tasty sound. I'm going to have a play around in ableton with operator to see if i can get anywhere.

Hmm not sure there. Def sounds like it on recording. Check out a live version and see what he's doing.

Does anyone use loop pedals? I've only watched videos of them but they seem great fun.

boss-rc-3-loop-station.jpg