Soundclips plox?

I had a slight mishap last night. It was cutting out, sounded like a power issue. When i opened the box, the grounding lug on the power jack itself had come away from the jack. The only other power jacks i have aren't insulated, but i have 6 shiny new ones in the post, so i've no clips till I get my power jacks..... and finish my damn essay.

Is it so wrong that I knew what 185.11040 was referring to without googling it? :nerd:

hahaha! That's genuinely impressive!

Kinda want one, not sure why...

Fair deuce. Get that essay done!

It's going well though. I'm nearly done, and it's due monday, but I also have exams on the 6th of january, which i probably should study for... Its also very random that most of my study material is from the national governing body for architects from other countries.

The moral of the story is, professional licencing exams are pointless. don't ever do them, because you don't need them to work. I'm still a practicing architect, even if i can't legally call myself one.

That is seriously just terrible. It's so auto-tuned it sounds like Microsoft Sam is singing :LOL: I don't think I can find a positive with the song, it has; dreadful lyrics, boring guitar work, a generic drum pattern, a rubbish video and the band look like the forgotten members of the vamps!!!

That is seriously just terrible. It's so auto-tuned it sounds like Microsoft Sam is singing :LOL: I don't think I can find a positive with the song, it has; dreadful lyrics, boring guitar work, a generic drum pattern, a rubbish video and the band look like the forgotten members of the vamps!!!

Which is exactly why it has the potential to be so popular!

hahaha! That's genuinely impressive!

Kinda want one, not sure why...

Remember I did own a few of them! Are the preamps in the 1484 and 1485 the same? I'm assuming the only real difference is that the 1485 has two more output tubes... and an extra output transformer :facepalm:

And you want one because it has tubes. Actually sounds decent in other videos.

I think it sounds great.

/bepoliteorinfraction

You're more likely to get infracted for this post than the other one.

Also, can't think of a better way to start the saturday morning at 6:30 than listening to this at full volume...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2FrBSUMXkA

Still need that D1 for more volumes I think.

[YT]kVWTLKQzCIU[/YT]

You guys, this could become a fairly catchy pop song. What have we created... :facepalm:

I logged in to bash this but it actually sounded great to me. I would have muted half of the tracks in the verses and pre-choruses for maximum chorus impact and i would have probably killed all the synths and maybe they should have tried more vocal harmonies on certain words but other than that it is sorta nice. What would i give to hear this guy produced by Max Martin.

I logged in to bash this but it actually sounded great to me. I would have muted half of the tracks in the verses and pre-choruses for maximum chorus impact and i would have probably killed all the synths and maybe they should have tried more vocal harmonies on certain words but other than that it is sorta nice. What would i give to hear this guy produced by Max Martin.

I will admit, the drums sounds good!. But the sheer amount of autotune just gives me the impression they're hiding some very poor vocals. (and don't get me wrong, I'm well aware a lot of my favourite acts use it)

Why are we talking about this... Jim...

Anyway, check this out Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofo83Kc97c

Seems like he used the original GP as late as 2008. Apparently he smashed and gave away (!) his main BB1200 a few weeks before, and the blue one had just stopped working during that song.

Josh has said that he rarely keeps guitars over sentimentality. 'If I'm not using why would I keep it' is his mentality. Although, I do think the original Black Ovation is a bit more special to him.

Josh has said that he rarely keeps guitars over sentimentality. 'If I'm not using why would I keep it' is his mentality. Although, I do think the original Black Ovation is a bit more special to him.

Yeah, apparently he got that one in 1991, so it might have even been used on the first kyuss record

Though he's come a long way since that sound it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMifqLiL73M

#chorus

I wonder what else he has though. I recall in an interview during TCV he said he had around 30

Yeah, apparently he got that one in 1991, so it might have even been used on the first kyuss record

Though he's come a long way since that sound it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMifqLiL73M

#chorus

I wonder what else he has though. I recall in an interview during TCV he said he had around 30

As I understand it, he got it after the Sons of Kyuss sessions, so Wretch would be it's first outing. I think he was mainly using Mockingbirds before that (Although I've found no evidence of this)

Greetings Jim. I found a partner for your matchless...

I would like to comment on the REVIVAL Amps that you are talking about. The company is changing the name due to trademark issues. The new company will be call RIVAL AMPLIFICATION. WE should be up and running with a new website by mid January. We will continue the hand wired tradition with the original model 8E1. The amp is the same, only a name change. Also, we are in the process of making a "BIG BROTHER" to the 8E1 which will be 20 watts with reverb added. Cliff at Destroy all Guitars has been a great champion of the amps as well as Rogue Guitars and Chicago Music Exchange. IF you would like to pre-order or be on our mailing list to receive updates you can email Scott@revivalamps.com.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments regarding the amp. I look forward to offering the absolute finest amps available. Rock On!

Dave...

I think I'm satisfied with my quest for QOTSA tone. The Ovation was a big part of it, but so were the pedals... which were staring right at me this entire time. It's just how they're set and what order they're in.

I'm not Dave but that sounds bang on, niiiice

I'm not Dave but that sounds bang on, niiiice

Thanks, it's basically the same pedal setup he used for the LTP tour, but I don't think one of them is really that necessary. 75% of the sound seems to be just from the ultimate octave and parametric filter on the right setting

It's interesting listening to these though. Some of them sound absolutely nothing like the album, and the others sound like he might have layered several different sounding tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I113MiGHrno

Dave...

I think I'm satisfied with my quest for QOTSA tone. The Ovation was a big part of it, but so were the pedals... which were staring right at me this entire time. It's just how they're set and what order they're in.

I......I can't handle this.......I..........oh my

Archived