So does the D1 make things louder? I need one in that case.

More curious about the actual sound quality though.

Yea, improvement on both fronts for sure. The quality improvement you get will depend on what you are currently using. My onboard sound card to this was a huge difference. The DAC is much higher quality, and you can hear it in the clarity of the music, comparing the same headphones with same song with onboard and D1. Higher impedance headphones will also benefit from the Amp a lot more, the HD 598s are pretty efficient, but still gain from the amp.

My other issue was that my sound just didn't get loud enough sometimes. Generally it was okay, but one thing I really noticed was Rocksmith had volume troubles. Even with volume at 100% with my onboard sound, I could still hear the sound of my strings being strum, and some songs just really felt empty and weak. With the D1, I can take the volume far louder than my ears are able to handle.

There are some other great entry level options, the Schitt products are pretty good. Depends on your needs, the D1 is nice as it is USB powered so I can take it with me and my Macbook if needed. It also has RCA outputs so I am going to pickup some new powered speakers to use with it as well, some other entry level options do not have RCA output.

Just wondering, is there a reason that it's ok for Crowella to post complete schematic, and offer clones of the Animato, and yet it's still not cool to talk about cloning the Fuzz Factory??

Not wanting to start a flame war, I have nothing but respect for Crowella and think his endeavour is fantastic.

Just wondering, is there a reason that it's ok for Crowella to post complete schematic, and offer clones of the Animato, and yet it's still not cool to talk about cloning the Fuzz Factory??

Not wanting to start a flame war, I have nothing but respect for Crowella and think his endeavour is fantastic.

I happen to agree :) I personally find nothing wrong with cloning pedals, not really sure why it doesn't bother me as pirating stuff does massively. I think the reason that pedals don't bother me is because most of them were created unintentionally rather than being designed and you have to put some effort in to making them rather than just downloading something. Still not sure though :LOL:

Haven't we stopped the FF clone discussions because ZVex requested we stop the discussion here?

I personally find nothing wrong with cloning pedals, not really sure why it doesn't bother me as pirating stuff does massively. I think the reason that pedals don't bother me is because most of them were created unintentionally rather than being designed and you have to put some effort in to making them rather than just downloading something. Still not sure though :LOL:

Well, also *most* pedals that are clones are either modified, clones of "classic" versions of the pedal that are no longer available, or clones of pedals that no longer being built or are impractical to own for most people (i.e. the rarity and price of the Animato).

has it been 5 years?

Yeah, got it on 18/5/2009

NZ4IojA.jpg

Had the changes (MBK-2, new bridge, HAP machine heads, etc) done in December of that year.

As it was per request of Zvex indeed we have asked to stop.

You know, I wonder what would happen if human gear was to send us a complaint in Japanese. I imagine we'd just ignore it.

Well, also *most* pedals that are clones are either modified, clones of "classic" versions of the pedal that are no longer available, or clones of pedals that no longer being built or are impractical to own for most people (i.e. the rarity and price of the Animato).

So according to Jim, the fuzz factory is a modified tube screamer

I don't think so James, but then again... they'd probably know to send it in English :p

Yeah there's that too.

Jim, did you see this? Before clicking the thread, I thought it would be one of those minor finish defects (the ones that come standard on all gibsons from the past few decades) that they always bitch about, but...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1513373

In all that time he spent typing up that rant, he could have sorted the intonation himself. But apparently no one on that website really plays the guitar anyway.

Also, I saw this today and thought of you

10365642_442946639192279_6503507335818339308_o.jpg

I don't think so James, but then again... they'd probably know to send it in English :p

Then I'd just go, please forward your complaint to Mike Matthews of EHX and see how they feel :LOL: That's why I'm just like fuck it, I'll put up schems for whatever because is it really worth the hassle of telling people not to? Hell, I've made um... a lot of Zvex clones or inspired pedals. He should take that as an honor and a sign that no, I will not pay $355 for a SHO.

http://www.globalvintage.com.au/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=34&products_id=874&Global-Vintage=t2dilc6vbosaphqcafbov8gqe3

Anyway, for the bassists amongst us, I saw this on TB.

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/deep-impact-reissue-interested.1115025/

Interesting... We might have the Deep Impact easier to obtain too. Pretty soon you'll acquire Chris' board for less than it costs for a Deep Impact on the second hand market.

What a time to be alive....

But seriously, with the Bass Whammy reissue, the Animato schematic coming out,and now this, it really is a great time to be a bassist!

But you play guitar too. You're a multi-instrumentalist

Yea, improvement on both fronts for sure. The quality improvement you get will depend on what you are currently using. My onboard sound card to this was a huge difference. The DAC is much higher quality, and you can hear it in the clarity of the music, comparing the same headphones with same song with onboard and D1. Higher impedance headphones will also benefit from the Amp a lot more, the HD 598s are pretty efficient, but still gain from the amp.

My other issue was that my sound just didn't get loud enough sometimes. Generally it was okay, but one thing I really noticed was Rocksmith had volume troubles. Even with volume at 100% with my onboard sound, I could still hear the sound of my strings being strum, and some songs just really felt empty and weak. With the D1, I can take the volume far louder than my ears are able to handle.

There are some other great entry level options, the Schitt products are pretty good. Depends on your needs, the D1 is nice as it is USB powered so I can take it with me and my Macbook if needed. It also has RCA outputs so I am going to pickup some new powered speakers to use with it as well, some other entry level options do not have RCA output.

Interesting. I'll have to look into one, especially since I've always used the internal sound card on this computer, and I don't know how long they've kept it the same from previous models.

Also, it sounds like I wouldn't have been successful at getting a ticket at that NYC foo fighters gig last friday. No line ups allowed prior to 3pm, but people were camping out since 3am apparently.

Relevant.

There's tonnes of Fuzz Face based pedals out there. For a second, lets think beyond the Fuzz Factory here. As far as current pedals go, what are some of the current fuzz pedals you cheeky chappies like? Preferably those based on a Fuzz Face.

(fwiw, I like the dark peppermint fuzz)

Relevant.

There's tonnes of Fuzz Face based pedals out there. For a second, lets think beyond the Fuzz Factory here. As far as current pedals go, what are some of the current fuzz pedals you cheeky chappies like? Preferably those based on a Fuzz Face.

(fwiw, I like the dark peppermint fuzz)

Octavia fuzz?

Archived