I got a new gauge set of strings for one of my guitars the other day and the heaviest string doesn't actually fit through the peg...any way to fix? Aside from a smaller gauge string

I ran into the same problem when I put long scale string on my 28" scale 5 string. Just go at it with an appropriately sized file (little bits at a time) until the string can fit.

Does anyone in here use MIDI? I'm trying to look into perhaps converting to using a MIDI system to do less tap dancing but i don't really know enough about it, is there anywhere with some good tutorials or something?

Does anyone in here use MIDI? I'm trying to look into perhaps converting to using a MIDI system to do less tap dancing but i don't really know enough about it, is there anywhere with some good tutorials or something?

I used midi quite heavily for quite a while, I still would now if I had the space. What do you need to know?

Does anyone else with a sustainer find that when you're using effects such as delay and reverb it weakens the sustain quite a lot? Sometimes it almost dies out, but annoying. Is there a way to increase the intensity

Does anyone else with a sustainer find that when you're using effects such as delay and reverb it weakens the sustain quite a lot? Sometimes it almost dies out, but annoying. Is there a way to increase the intensity

I'm guessing you mean what you hear through the amp. Increasing the intensity won't really do what you want, so what I'd do is blend in some more dry signal.

But if it really is set too low, there's a trim pot on the inside to increase the intensity. There are four trim pots on the 401 board from what I remember, and you can find the function for each one here:

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/downloads/cat_view/66-sustainer.html

I used midi quite heavily for quite a while, I still would now if I had the space. What do you need to know?

Basically just what I'd need to set it up, I'm considering buying a Voodoo Labs Ground Control but I'm not sure really how to set up a rig properly and what gear is essential, and what's not

Basically just what I'd need to set it up, I'm considering buying a Voodoo Labs Ground Control but I'm not sure really how to set up a rig properly and what gear is essential, and what's not

What are you trying/wanting to do? I'll help you as much as I can.

What are you trying/wanting to do? I'll help you as much as I can.

I'm basically wanting to just get my pedal board controlled more by MIDI, I'm going to be gigging a lot more next year and I feel like perhaps it'll be easier to eventually shift over to a more MIDI based system, so i'd want to be having a midi board on the floor in front of me, with the physical pedals set up in a rack, but i'm not sure whether it's essential to get something like an AXE FX etc, and whether I need to run through amp heads, or can just run that system through my AC30

i'm basically a MIDI noob :LOL:

I'm basically wanting to just get my pedal board controlled more by MIDI, I'm going to be gigging a lot more next year and I feel like perhaps it'll be easier to eventually shift over to a more MIDI based system, so i'd want to be having a midi board on the floor in front of me, with the physical pedals set up in a rack, but i'm not sure whether it's essential to get something like an AXE FX etc, and whether I need to run through amp heads, or can just run that system through my AC30

i'm basically a MIDI noob :LOL:

You will need a midi foot controller, something like the behringer fcb1010 and then to connect to pedals in a rack you will need something like the G Lab Midi Looper. This is all fairly straightforward. It might be worth reading a few articles on midi to understand channels and command changes.

Alpher guitars apparently. I think he has another one already, although this new one is shaping up to look incredible

http://alpher.co.uk

Also Marmozets are just pretty sick in general so you should check them out

royal blood in 5 days. probably will be a bit different this time...

sidious, when are you seeing them? or did you already?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Classic-7-String.aspx

Why am I not surprised?

Also, Jim... I was aware of this before, but was too lazy to take a picture of mine (credit goes to curious male individual on TGP...)

DSC03579_zps080b03c9.jpg

According to Shrew, Eric_man does this to all of the amps he builds, but doesn't seem to know why.

I do know that the one in mine matches the one in the extension cabinet, so there has to be some kind of meaning behind it...

Am I the only one who think Les Pauls in that finish look extremely tacky

I like them, but I guess I'm a bit biased. Doesn't look as good without chrome covered pickups though.

also, speaking of bias (lel)... It looks like they're finally releasing a bit more information on this

http://www.positivegrid.com/bias-desktop/

Just waiting for it to be made available to the public.

If I'm honest though, I'd be mainly buying it for the amp matching feature.

The finish isn't bad but the Les Paul headstock doesn't look right with 7 tuners.

Also, saw some 2015 models in a guitar shop the other day. I'll need to play one next time I'm there

:eyebrows: hm the 2015s do look quite nice

LPSU156GGH1_FINISHES_FAMILY.jpg

Am I the only one who think Les Pauls in that finish look extremely tacky

I think it's because it's been replicated by so many knock-off and cheap brands, it'd look much better with different coloured hardware

Edited by Ross0203

The finish isn't bad but the Les Paul headstock doesn't look right with 7 tuners.

Also, saw some 2015 models in a guitar shop the other day. I'll need to play one next time I'm there

What about the fact that the wider neck makes it look like one of those miniature ones?

$6599 for one of those... you can get two custom shop Fenders for that price.

A Big Mac looks great in the advertising photographs

Good point, but that's the whole thing... the new gibsons look gash in the advertisements too. Not just referring to the designs/finishes/etc, but also the way they're advertised (see my post in the luthiery thread)

$6599 for one of those... you can get two custom shop Fenders for that price.

A Big Mac looks great in the advertising photographs

This is true, going by Gibson's quality control these days it'd be ridiculous to spend any more more than a couple of thousand on one, although i'm not really a fan of gibsons in general... I really love the LP body with dual f-holes though.

I think it's because it's been replicated by so many knock-off and cheap brands, it'd look much better with different coloured hardware

the green one :stongue: