If that many.

Horror stories?

Maybe not horror stories, but just that they're known to be dead/talking the entire time/eating

I probably wouldn't be saying that if I wasn't at those UK stadium shows, but the difference was massive.

But then I don't go to a gig for music. I just go for the atmosphere.

haha sick, well we've got a few old demos up here (if you want i can shoot you one of the mixes from the new record too)! you playing with anyone atm?

still got that case of GAS then? it's a bitch isn't it :LOL:

cool I'll give those a listen

And no :( Last time I did was when you were last here! Maybe you're lucky or something, because I've had absolutely no luck finding other musicians after moving to where I am now.

Yes, it's worse than ever :facepalm:

I'm still here although James has my Rust Relic, can't complain too much as have a DL-1 & a CE-7 with an MB-1S & MB-2SE on the way :)

I'm hoping the MB-2s will be done soon, but somehow I don't think there will be a time when I don't have something on order from them :\

I'm still here although James has my Rust Relic, can't complain too much as have a DL-1 & a CE-7 with an MB-1S & MB-2SE on the way :)

that guitar is/was very very cool, james is a lucky guy :p (although so are you, with those axes on the way!)

cool I'll give those a listen

And no :( Last time I did was when you were last here! Maybe you're lucky or something, because I've had absolutely no luck finding other musicians after moving to where I am now.

Yes, it's worse than ever :facepalm:

ahh that sucks dude! yeah think it's mostly just been by staying in touch with people from my old school - there was a disproportionate number of quality musos in my year level there, many of whom have stayed really into it

haha, one of the small benefits of living in australia with almost no interesting gear available in stores (and what little there is, is insanely expensive..) is that it's hard to GAS properly while at uni :p. have come very close a few times to buying a 2nd hand jaguar though. one of these days, one of these days... anything to look/sound like gareth liddiard from the drones ;)

that guitar is/was very very cool, james is a lucky guy :p (although so are you, with those axes on the way!)

ahh that sucks dude! yeah think it's mostly just been by staying in touch with people from my old school - there was a disproportionate number of quality musos in my year level there, many of whom have stayed really into it

haha, one of the small benefits of living in australia with almost no interesting gear available in stores (and what little there is, is insanely expensive..) is that it's hard to GAS properly while at uni :p. have come very close a few times to buying a 2nd hand jaguar though. one of these days, one of these days... anything to look/sound like gareth liddiard from the drones ;)

I think when you were last here I had that one Manson tele (still have it, it's probably my favorite guitar) and a fair few gibsons (all of which are gone now). You might remember that black LP that had the "clawed by a tiger" finish :facepalm: Had that guitar for such a long time... it wasn't even that good, but I must have put close to $4000 into it, which I wasn't getting back if I sold it! eventually the neck broke off and I never got it repaired.

And yeah I can understand that. The few people I'm in touch with from school don't even play instruments, so I'm going to have to find another way.

and you have things like this at least!

bb1200jh.jpg

Still been meaning to get an acoustic from them... I seem to remember someone on here suggesting cole clark as well. Maybe that was you?

I think when you were last here I had that one Manson tele (still have it, it's probably my favorite guitar) and a fair few gibsons (all of which are gone now). You might remember that black LP that had the "clawed by a tiger" finish :facepalm: Had that guitar for such a long time... it wasn't even that good, but I must have put close to $4000 into it, which I wasn't getting back if I sold it! eventually the neck broke off and I never got it repaired.

And yeah I can understand that. The few people I'm in touch with from school don't even play instruments, so I'm going to have to find another way.

and you have things like this at least!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/BlackHolesAndRevelations/miscguitarstuff/bb1200jh.jpg[/img

Still been meaning to get an acoustic from them... I seem to remember someone on here suggesting cole clark as well. Maybe that was you?

ahh yeah i remember those - couldn't forget that manson tele!

jesus, that maton is BEAUTIFUL! they make such lovely guitars, but i've never been able to get along with them.. something about the neck just doesn't feel right :(

yep, that would have been me! cole clarks are really fantastic steel-strings. the company was started by the ex-CEO of maton (and i think one of their head luthiers?), but they're very different guitars

just had a bit of a google of CC to see what was news and saw this :(. poor guys!

IeOzXvjgdQc

ahghghgg

ahh yeah i remember those - couldn't forget that manson tele!

jesus, that maton is BEAUTIFUL! they make such lovely guitars, but i've never been able to get along with them.. something about the neck just doesn't feel right :(

yep, that would have been me! cole clarks are really fantastic steel-strings. the company was started by the ex-CEO of maton (and i think one of their head luthiers?), but they're very different guitars

just had a bit of a google of CC to see what was news and saw this :(. poor guys!

damn :(

Yeah, I've got one LP now, but only because of the sound. I really don't like how it feels and plays. I think pretty much all of the guitars you would have seen a few years back are now gone and replaced with some that are completely different!

Which Matons have you played? I can understand what you mean about the necks - I don't mind them, but I could see how others might not get along with them too well.

I've not played any of their acoustics, but I'm not sure whether to go for a Maton or CC. Neither brands have many dealers here (none around here) so I can't really try them out before buying

Go to "edit options" under user CP and check the box that says this

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Then it'll save the ones you send in the future

Well I run .52-.10s on my C standard guitar and I'm pretty happy with that. But then again for about a week I kept accidentally bending notes but after that I trained my touch to be more stable so now its fine.

I'm barely posting on here recently but I check it at least 4/5 times a day :LOL:

What gauge strings for sxc jazz? Is fender scale length. Tend to have it in either standard, drop d or drop c. Tempted to put 11s on. Good move?

Why is KnT so quiet

Sent from Fabri is a nob

I've always used 11's, I've found they offer much more oomph over 10's and just make everything sound heavier. Go for it!

What gauge strings for sxc jazz? Is fender scale length. Tend to have it in either standard, drop d or drop c. Tempted to put 11s on. Good move?

I'd go for 10-52s instead.

Well I run .52-.10s on my C standard guitar and I'm pretty happy with that. But then again for about a week I kept accidentally bending notes but after that I trained my touch to be more stable so now its fine.

I'm barely posting on here recently but I check it at least 4/5 times a day :LOL:

Do you find the top strings to be loose feeling at all? I've got rotosound 13's on my C standard guitar, but with the third string replaced with a plain 22.

Jazzmasters are supposedly designed for flatwounds. Never tried it myself. I tinkered with the bridge and use 12s.

I've never heard about them being designed for flatwounds, but I think I'm going to put some heavier strings on mine at the next string change (got 10's on at the moment)

I have a feeling the valve on my HT-20 might be gone or going... weird as I've only had it 6-9 months, but it's making no sound at all when I turn it on, only a quiet hum, no signal.

Happened once a few weeks back, it ended up just randomly getting the signal back after about an hour of turning it on and off and trying to work out what the problem was. Then it was working as normal, but now it's doing the same, it turns on but there's no sound bar a quiet hum. Just before it happened for the first time I did change the power for my Ultimate Octave from battery to from a Pedal Power, so I wondered if there might be some kind of connection there, can't see how though

Does that sound like a valve, or something else? Checked all my pedal/speaker connections, not inside the amp itself though..

I've never heard about them being designed for flatwounds, but I think I'm going to put some heavier strings on mine at the next string change (got 10's on at the moment)

Yeah. I have never seen an official thing from Fender saying it, reckon it's just something some forum guy came up with once and it spread, it's supposed to solve a lot of the issues most people get with the stock bridge though. But like I said, never tried it myself. Am going to on my next string change though.

*edit*

Yeah, it was a review of a jag stang I read once. Guy was talking BS. I'm still going to try flatwounds out though, just to see what they're like.

I have a feeling the valve on my HT-20 might be gone or going... weird as I've only had it 6-9 months, but it's making no sound at all when I turn it on, only a quiet hum, no signal.

Happened once a few weeks back, it ended up just randomly getting the signal back after about an hour of turning it on and off and trying to work out what the problem was. Then it was working as normal, but now it's doing the same, it turns on but there's no sound bar a quiet hum. Just before it happened for the first time I did change the power for my Ultimate Octave from battery to from a Pedal Power, so I wondered if there might be some kind of connection there, can't see how though

Does that sound like a valve, or something else? Checked all my pedal/speaker connections, not inside the amp itself though..

So it doesn't make any sound when you're plugged directly into the amp? It sounds like it might be one of the preamp tubes. Usually if a power tube goes bad, it takes out the fuse, and you don't get any power at all.

But preamp tubes SHOULD last a bit longer than that. It's possible that it could be something else if the sound was fading in and out, but I'd check the tubes first.

Can you take off the back panel and see if there's anything obvious? There should be two larger tubes and two smaller ones (most likely hidden under some metal shields)

Check the larger ones to see if they're lighting up. If both are still lighting up, then it's probably one of your preamp tubes. It'll be a little difficult to figure out which one, but chances are you'll only have to buy one replacement and swap out one at a time until it starts working again

Just found a Blackstar warranty card that I obviously forgot to send too... had to be sent within 90 days, got it six months ago :facepalm: Bye bye money

If you've had it less than 6 months and providing it's faulty and not been damaged by something you've done you could see about getting it replaced by the retailer under the Sale of Goods Act: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act/

So it doesn't make any sound when you're plugged directly into the amp? It sounds like it might be one of the preamp tubes. Usually if a power tube goes bad, it takes out the fuse, and you don't get any power at all.

But preamp tubes SHOULD last a bit longer than that. It's possible that it could be something else if the sound was fading in and out, but I'd check the tubes first.

Can you take off the back panel and see if there's anything obvious? There should be two larger tubes and two smaller ones (most likely hidden under some metal shields)

Check the larger ones to see if they're lighting up. If both are still lighting up, then it's probably one of your preamp tubes. It'll be a little difficult to figure out which one, but chances are you'll only have to buy one replacement and swap out one at a time until it starts working again

Yep, there's no sound either way, I've run it through the fx chain, direct, with different guitars. Doesn't fade in or out either.

I had a quick look through the grill earlier and I couldn't see anything but the power light... tubes didn't seem to be lit up at all..

If you've had it less than 6 months and providing it's faulty and not been damaged by something you've done you could see about getting it replaced by the retailer under the Sale of Goods Act: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act/

I've had it a week over 6 months. Someone doesn't like me today :LOL:

That's odd. There should be two fuses on the back - check the one that says "H.T. fuse" (the other one should be fine, otherwise it wouldn't switch on at all)

If that one is blown, it's probably the power tubes (which would make more sense if it was fading in and out, and these don't last as long as preamp tubes)

Do you find the top strings to be loose feeling at all? I've got rotosound 13's on my C standard guitar, but with the third string replaced with a plain 22)

To be honest, no. Yes, its looser than my E standard guitar but I like the looseness. When I hit it the notes slightly bend and its sounds cool at times.

Archived