Interview 3FM tonight

Dannyveno

Theres no way of knowing, it's very likely. I just don't agree with the view that Matt did't encourage these songs. Like chris said, they were all really open about it, I think people need to get out of their head that Matt is some kind of tyranical leader :LOL:

Oh, I'm not suggesting that Matt would be some kind of dictator :LOL: I just thinks it weird to know that Chris has been writing music for ages, yet none of that has ever made it to any Muse albums or singles or anything. I think that if it had been Matt who went to Chris's house and heard his songs, he would not have suggested that they should be on a Muse album.

You guys really think a band of three close friends that have been together since the mid 90's are going to hide stuff related to something as important as their next album from each other?

If you're talking about Chris and Dom hiding it from Matt then yeah, dunno where that came from.

If you're talking about Chris doing his own thing, writing songs but not really showing them to the band, it makes perfect sense.

Yeah, but it was Dom who went to Chris's house and heard the songs he wrote, and it apparently was Dom's idea that some of them could maybe be put on a Muse album.
He didn't say it was Dom's idea. He said he showed the songs to Dom one day and they talked about it. And how that was the starting point. Things always have to start somewhere.

I really don't see how it is possible to read 'Matt's not supportive/ Matt didn't want Chris' songs on the album" in what Chris said. I very much interpreted it as a matter of self-confidence. If he doesnt' believe in his own stuff or feels awkward in showing it to others, it's not Dom or Matt that should persuade him or press him to bring his own songs to the studio. It has to feel right and IMO, this was the moment he felt ready to do it. And they obviously were there to suuport, seeing that not only they included one song but two.

On another note, amazing how happy, relaxed and settled Chris looked. We used to say he just didn't like doing interviews and that was why he looked bored... look at the difference now.

Oh, Sippe's here.

Never said anything about Dom and Chris hiding something from Matt, if that was directed at me.

EDIT:

Never said anything about Matt not wanting Chris's songs on the album, either. I'm just wondering how supportive Matt was to Chris about his music. Chris did say in the interview that it was Dom who originally started suggesting that those songs could be put on the album, and Chris didn't mention Matt at that point at all, which kind of got the question "What was Matt's opinion on that in the first place?" into my head.

Not saying Matt wasn't supportive or anything, mind. Just a random thought that popped into my head.

He didn't say it was Dom's idea. He said he showed the songs to Dom one day and they talked about it. And how that was the starting point. Things always have to start somewhere.

I really don't see how it is possible to read 'Matt's not supportive/ Matt didn't want Chris' songs on the album" in what Chris said. I very much interpreted it as a matter of self-confidence. If he doesnt' believe in his own stuff or feels awkward in showing it to others, it's not Dom or Matt that should persuade him or press him to bring his own songs to the studio. It has to feel right and IMO, this was the moment he felt ready to do it. And they obviously were there to suuport, seeing that not only they included one song but two.

On another note, amazing how happy, relaxed and settled Chris looked. We used to say he just didn't like doing interviews and that was why he looked bored... look at the difference now.

Agreed. I understood it to mean it just took him this long to get the balls to make it happen. Not because he was "afraid of control freak Matt", but because he was lacking confidence, or was nervous to put himself out there. It could also have to do with the fact that's he's sober now, and has his shit together.

Save Me is a ballad and Big Freeze lyrics :awesome: Although the lyrics aren't that good and Muse ballads are very hit and miss :chuckle:

Liquid State is sounding fucking great from the descriptions we've heard so far.

LIQUID STATE OMGGZZZZZ

yeh but if you take most muse lyrics out of context with the music they don't sound great

'ooh baby don't you know I suffer'

'This is the last time I'll abandon you'

'you know that I don't love you'

'THE BIG FREEZE IS HEADING OUR WAY :D'

:LOL:

Aww great interview. It was particularly interesting to hear Chris' account of how he came to write and sing two songs on the album. Also interesting how the Olympic song came about. Confirmation again that Survival wasn't written for the Olympics.

Incidentally I specifically remember Matt saying in an interview that he had tried encouraging Chris to do some of the singing, so I think people are reading too much into the fact that Matt wasn't initially involved. There may have been mixed feelings, though, saying that, Matt even said that he liked the fact that Chris was singing songs that were personal to him and how pleased he was at the change in Chris. He said that in the NME interview. It came over that it felt special to Matt that his friend had made such a great recovery and was now singing his own songs.

I certainly have mixed feelings, however. I feel happy and sad about it at the same time. Interesting that Chris said it was a challenge to make his songs sound like Muse. At least they have worked on that.

Translate?

An over the top Olympic song about the dark side of the "win" and an album trailer which obviously dubstep sounds. After three years of silence makes the English rock trio Muse there myself for the upcoming release of their sixth studio album, The 2nd Law is one of the most debated issues in country music. 3voor12 Radio DJ Roosmarijn Reijmer joins with bassist (and proud owner of two self-written and sung songs) Chris Wolstenholme for an exclusive interview. Watch the whole interview below this article.

Exclusive interview with Chris from Muse about new album 2ND Law and his alcohol addiction

Muse has approximately 15 million albums sold, of which about 2.6 million copies in 2009 published The Resistance. Worldwide they play sold out shows in the biggest arenas and so the release of a new Muse a benchmark in music 2012. But what about now? Muse really going dubstep? Wolstenholme Clearly, Muse is not for dubstep: "Not at all. There are two tracks on the new album with a reference. One of these is that of the album trailer (2nd Law Part 1: Unsustainable). We are to live Skrillex and Nero look and found it fun to try to do what dubstep with Rage Against The Machine with hip-hop has done. They took the sound and the grooves, but made ​​with real instruments. We wanted to try that wall of sound to create dubstep is, but on our own instruments and make something of it that you can play live. It sounds like dubstep, but you can not call it dubstep. It's still rock. " The dubstep trailer and Survival are the forerunners of the album, which will appear in September. During the listening session of the album is me in early July after four tracks clear that even as the two most extreme moments on the album. I'm just a little disappointed. But for music in a year when "the guitar" 25 times already been declared dead, The 2nd Law of proof to the contrary. It is one hell of an album, a straight-up rock 'n roll album with a little less bombastic than their earlier work. There is a chorus, typically over the top vocals Matthew Bellamy, there are ballads, now and then a heavy horn section, but most walls of guitars. These excursions into other genres appear winks, no new musical direction. There is nothing wrong with teasing, right? "Of course not," laughs Wolstenholme furtive. "Survival is completely different than anything we have done so far, yet it would be nobody else. There is a balance between important to yourself on the other hand, and continue to try new things. We still sound very much like Muse. "The mixed reactions to the release of the trailer and the Olympic song album Survival They see it coming:" We always get extreme reactions. People find it or fantastic, or nothing. There is no middle ground. I looked at twitter when Survival was first turned on the radio. It remains strange to find that you now with the rise of social media, instant reactions get on something you months in the studio for you have had. " The 2nd Law has thirteen tracks with big themes such as economic recession, environmental problems, wars and a desire to want to escape. Matthew Bellamy sings on Explorers: "Free us from this world, we do not belong here." Typical typical Bellamy and Muse. He has long been a recognized space enthusiast, busy with conspiracies against the world and in possession of a cellar full of food with no expiration date. Comes the Flood, the best tourist spot with him. The recent years were for him more turbulent by his engagement to Hollywood actress Kate Hudson, the birth of their son Bing. The hearing power in Hollywood paparazzi photographers led him to a picture of woman and child on twitter again, using the opposite effect. Brass Band and Choir The theme for this album was soon apparent in the studio. Wolstenholme: "The sessions began last October. The idea behind The 2nd Law is that everything is slowly failing. Our life as we know it is not sustainable. More personally taken we fight every day against the world around us. Our relationships, the things we do and how we also know that our life is a contradiction with what inevitably will happen. "Or as Bellamy sings on Big Freeze:" I need a way to escape, are you here, just because I need you, big freeze is heading our way. " Musically speaking, Muse goes to The 2nd Law of the experiment with a brass band (to include Panic Station) on both funky and classic way and there is even a choir for the first time to hear. Wolstenholme: "That was my favorite time of the recordings: a thirty piece choir to sing a powerful chord." Another first at The 2nd Law is Chris Wolstenholme as a songwriter and singer of two songs, Save Me and Liquid State. He is proud: "It feels like what I've waited too long with it. This is entirely my own fault, though. I've been writing very long, but it took me six albums to finally have enough balls to let everyone see what I can. "They are hyper personal songs, which is why they ultimately Wolstenholme sings. "Save Me is a ballad about someone in your life that gives you stability and balance, and who loves you for you. Despite everything. Matt wanted was very fond of singing Liquid State. It is a dark song with a pounding guitar riff on my inner demons, a schizophrenic song about a split personality. Eventually it was weird when Matt would sing. The lyrics are obviously about me. " Songs about alcohol addiction Wolstenholme The songs deal with alcohol addiction Wolstenholme, which eventually led him to the middle of the recordings for The Resistance went into rehab. At the height of his addiction he drank fifteen bottles of beer and two bottles of wine per day and had a beer on his nightstand, like other people a glass of water. The songs of Wolstenholme were treated the same as that of Bellamy: "Everyone has control over the songs as we sit in the studio, we do not stop until we all three are satisfied. The biggest challenge was to them with my songs to sound like Muse, if only because I can sing a chore. " On 17 December, Muse in a sold Ziggo Dome, but Wolstenholme has no idea how the sound of The 2nd Law will translate to a live set. "That is something. We have a brass band, a choir and dubstep, there is much to think about. Maybe we should take a fifth person on stage. This autumn we will extend them rehearse. " Watch the whole interview with Chris Wolstenholme Roosmarijn below!

:D

Archived