2012.09.XX - Battersea Power Station, London, UK

Niall

I was just messing with Fabri, if you look at the post above mine :LOL:

I'm not good at getting jokes these days :LOL:. Soz :$.

As to the question: I don't think it was ever officially confirmed, no. It was through a website, but the band didn't make any announcement. Bummed as well because this would have been such an iconic location and such a brilliant gig. And Muse at the cinema was awesome with HAARP, so I was excited to relive it.

I'm guessing it was replaced with the iTunes gig as a pre-album performance (although by that time it would have probably leaked already, lol).

But wasn't it also speculated that there'd be no audience - just a filmed performance that will be shown in cinemas (pre-recorded)?

Come on, the audience is what drives a live show. The reaction of a crowd has a direct correlation to their enthusiasm to do a good job, having no one around would feel like a rehearsal

Come on, the audience is what drives a live show. The reaction of a crowd has a direct correlation to their enthusiasm to do a good job, having no one around would feel like a rehearsal

I'm not saying I'd want it to be that way, but that it was a potential option. This whole thing was so hush-hush, though, it's hard to know if it was ever really planned to happen. I would have paid a decent sum to see them play at Batt Pow. That would have been fecking memorable!

Unless you mean a Muse DVD marathon... then, being in the US, I can't even do that. *grrrr*

yes that's what I meant, and that's a shame if you don't have a de-regionalised DVD player I guess

(would be so much better with blu-rays mind you...)

Archived