What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

So,we'll get to hear Madness for the first time today apparently.I 'm not prepared to stay awake till midnight (it'll be around midnight,an hour or half after here) for crap,so I hope it's good.

Where'd you hear this?

I've been at work for the last few hours. So am I correct that some people are now saying that not only are Muse playing live at the opening ceremony, but they're also playing 4 songs including Madness? I'll eat my hat if that happens. I don't buy it for a second.

I've been at work for the last few hours. So am I correct that some people are now saying that not only are Muse playing live at the opening ceremony, but they're also playing 4 songs including Madness? I'll eat my hat if that happens. I don't buy it for a second.

It does seem odd and if it was just a rumour on Twitter or something, I wouldn't believe it. It was said on the news though which makes me think it's true, not that the news in England is always reliable :chuckle:

Hmmmm. First I've heard that. Seems an odd way to debut a single.

Actually it seems to me a clever thing to do. Think about it: millions of people around the world watching the ceremony and listening to their first single.

It's the best promotion for the album, and the single itself, that they could hope for. Besides, they're also the band that plays the main theme for the Olympics, so their performance will be even more highlighted :happy:

I think it's too big a risk for them to be performing at all to be honest, and I'll be surprised if they do. Recently they haven't even wanted performances on webstreams, let alone show to an audience of 3.5 billion. Only time will tell though, I'm probably wrong.

Actually it seems to me a clever thing to do. Think about it: millions of people around the world watching the ceremony and listening to their first single.

It's the best promotion for the album, and the single itself, that they could hope for. Besides, they're also the band that plays the main theme for the Olympics, so their performance will be even more highlighted :happy:

Yeah...it works both ways. I think if they debuted Survival they could easily terrify over a billion people.

I concur. I'd love it to be true but it sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhSJtMoHJFg

I think it's too big a risk for them to be performing at all to be honest, and I'll be surprised if they do. Recently they haven't even wanted performances on webstreams, let alone show to an audience of 3.5 billion. Only time will tell though, I'm probably wrong.

If you're talking about Reading, couldn't that have been more due to them wanting to sell it, than embarassment...? :$

If you're talking about Reading, couldn't that have been more due to them wanting to sell it, than embarassment...? :$

Reading's viewing figures for the main stage are in the millions at most, though. The audience for the Olympics will be hundreds of times bigger at least.

Archived