800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

Some of their bet songs are love songs.

Never said it'll be bad. :phu:

(Of course not saying it'll be good either. It's just the level of cheese.)

MoTP is of course great, and I like Unintended a lot along with Endlessly, though my favorite will have to be Falling Away With You.

But then in recent times we've had Neutron Star Collision.

I think I'll reserve my judgement till AFTER I hear the song.

Oh and Unintended is shit.

Die :fear:

It's surprising to choose one of the personal songs for a first single.

Someone's going to correct me now with another I just can't think of off the top of my head..

madness.gif

More Loki gifs :awesome:

Die :fear:

It's surprising to choose one of the personal songs for a first single.

Someone's going to correct me now with another I just can't think of off the top of my head..

Never! :mad:

I dunno, would you consider SBH to be that personal? If not that means we haven't had a personal lead single since Showbiz

More Loki gifs :awesome:

Never! :mad:

I dunno, would you consider SBH to be that personal? If not that means we haven't had a personal lead single since Showbiz

I don't know what it's about to be honest :LOL: yeh personal as in a relationship/family/simple stuff way as opposed to world crisis

The lyrics don't have to be absolutely amazing to make it or break it for me, but if the music sucks well then I don't give a flying fuck about what you're singing about.

The way Matt described it, running after your girlfriend after a fight seemed pretty... silly to me, but I choose to think the song is better. It's a single. :/

I like you.

Out of curiosity, what things made you really sad?

Hopefully it was just NME being overdramatic and stupid, but they did a really good job of making even me feel like all the songs they described were terrible.

That's either really bad, or really good, journalism.

I'm not going to dwell on the article too much, though, and by Sept I'm sure I'll have forgotten what song was supposed to sound like what, anyways. :D

But, descriptions involving phrases like "Prince sex grunts" and there being a second song as "silly" as Survival sort of made my heart drop a bit when I read them.

And, I know people will hate me for this forever, but reading that Chris wrote/sang not one but two songs put me in a funk, at first. (and not the good kind.)

I'm still trying to psychoanalyze how badly I reacted to reading that. :eek:

To make a long story longer, I sort of liked Matt's description of Madness. I mean, it was a bit cliche and obvious, but I guess it's still the sort of thing girls like to hear. Which also means it might be a total fabrication. :LOL:

The lyrics don't have to be absolutely amazing to make it or break it for me, but if the music sucks well then I don't give a flying fuck about what you're singing about.

The way Matt described it, running after your girlfriend after a fight seemed pretty... silly to me, but I choose to think the song is better. It's a single. :/

I take it you've never heard "Running Back" by Thin Lizzy.

And, I know people will hate me for this forever, but reading that Chris wrote/sang not one but two songs put me in a funk, at first. (and not the good kind.)

I'm still trying to psychoanalyze how badly I reacted to reading that. :eek:

What's so mind-blowingly shocking about Chris writing&singing two songs? It was about time, imho.

Probably because he's a bass player, and the only frame of reference of a bassist also writing is Sting? ;):p

Chris has a pretty damn good voice (even though it's not shown much):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTCGPvtbQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cwi2gmXdQs

His songs have so much potential to be awesome. Plus, they'll be a nice contrast to Matt's voice.

As far as Madness goes, I'm having a hard time imaging a cross between "I Want To Break Free" and "Faith" with an electronic twist. Since I like those two songs, I'm hoping I'll like their bastard lovechild by way of Muse.

I'm probably not doing myself any favours here, because it's very very early, but I'm helping a neighbor out, and they're making me wait endlessly... and sometimes I'm not even that coherent awake. There's a lot of great stuff that my head says to me, and then I put it in print, and I feel like a 5 year old wrote it... not even close to the same.

I'm not as concerned with Chris writing two songs. I think it's kind of cool, and I think it's a nice thing for them to let him do, considering.

I was a lot more concerned with the singing, unless I completely misinterpreted what I read.

I only read the article once, and probably won't again, because I felt a lot of the song descriptions were (hopefully) a bit detrimental, and I don't want to go into the album dwelling on what it's "supposed" to sound like or be about.

I'm pretty sure Matt's voice specifically is one of the things that attracts me to Muse in the first place. Like I previously said, absolutely not the only thing, but very important to me.

Again, just my opinion, but going too far into the "different singer/different writer" thing can often feel like you're listening to a side project, or a completely different band.

Just a personal problem, on my end.

Probably because he's a bass player, and the only frame of reference of a bassist also writing is Sting? ;):p

Chris has a pretty damn good voice (even though it's not shown much):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTCGPvtbQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cwi2gmXdQs

1. There are loooads of songwriting bassists.

2. Can people please stop linking the same videos over and over. We know, we've heard it.

I still don't understand why some people just assume Chris doesn't have any songwriting talent.

I don't have a problem with him writing a song, I have a problem with him singing it :p One of the things that got me into Muse was Matt's voice and to me it's what defines part of their sound. It's true we haven't heard Chris sing an entire song, but as I said on the other thread, his backing vocals have never impressed me. Anyway, we'll see.

1. There are loooads of songwriting bassists.

2. Can people please stop linking the same videos over and over. We know, we've heard it.

1. It was a really bad joke that I guess was only funny to me.

2. Those are my favorite examples. I suppose I could've linked to a live KoC video, but chances are you would've still bitched about seeing that for the millionth time. Don't shoot the messenger.

Matt's voice specifically is one of the things that attracts me to Muse in the first place. Like I previously said, absolutely not the only thing, but very important to me.

Again, just my opinion, but going too far into the "different singer/different writer" thing can often feel like you're listening to a side project, or a completely different band.

Just a personal problem, on my end.

This. Completely agree. I mean, I'm excited to hear Chris singing and all but I'm worried I won't be able to take it as "Muse" since it's not Matt singing. Don't know if that makes sense..

As for Madness, to get back on topic - Can't wait to hear it! I just need more music to tie me over till Sept really.

I can totally see where Silverrose and SerpentSatellite are coming from with the Chris thing, and I basically agree. I am thrilled to hear what he comes up with, and I hope maybe it will bring some rifftastic goodness. But it's just so weird and different, it might seem less Musey.

Sometimes with other bands, if there's a song or two that are not sung by the frontman, when I hear them, I can't help but think "oh there's that song sung by the other guy, meh." :LOL: Like they said, it's so often the main vocalist that attracts me to the music.

But yeah, sorry OT. Forgot what song we were on. Excited to hear all about the petty little foo foo fights between Matt and Kate, lolz.

Archived