What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to understand why Bellamy is so proud of this song. Although I must disagree with him that they "failed" to make a stripped down song. What makes this song so great is how it slowly builds and the instruments layer on top of each other. Pure unadulterated pop magnificence.

Starting to understand why Bellamy is so proud of this song. Although I must disagree with him that they "failed" to make a stripped down song. What makes this song so great is how it slowly builds and the instruments layer on top of each other. Pure unadulterated pop magnificence.

Agreed, but that defines Uprising :p (minus the pop of course!)

Yeh I understand why he thinks it's his 'best too'. Understand not agree. It just seems so perfect, every sound is blissful. I love it more every day

What? First off, Uprising is most certainly pop.

Second, it doesn't really build at all except for the last chorus having some more backing vocals.

Starts with bass and drums... guitar joins... arpeggio synth + backing vocals join... chanting joins... finishes with all of the above + louder vocal delivery + falsetto

I would say theres a lot of buildup

Although Madness has a really good build up to the end, I'd say Uprising has a better build up at least live and it could get the crowd bouncing around and singing the chorus and all more than what Madness can do to the crowd.

Although Madness has a really good build up to the end, I'd say Uprising has a better build up at least live and it could get the crowd bouncing around and singing the chorus and all more than what Madness can do to the crowd.

Yeah, Uprising may be better live, but Madness surely is better on the album.

Yeah, Uprising may be better live, but Madness surely is better on the album.

True.

Although Madness live, that first part till the solo, I just feel like something's missing. It just sounds too plain to me at least. But after the solo, it just gets better.

Could be just me though. I mean I haven't seen them live, like being there. Could sound better when present at the show.

True.

Although Madness live, that first part till the solo, I just feel like something's missing. It just sounds too plain to me at least. But after the solo, it just gets better.

Could be just me though. I mean I haven't seen them live, like being there. Could sound better when present at the show.

I enjoyed it live far far more than I thought I would, made me feel warm and fuzzy :happy:

Starts with bass and drums... guitar joins... arpeggio synth + backing vocals join... chanting joins... finishes with all of the above + louder vocal delivery + falsetto

I would say theres a lot of buildup

Hah, you are quite right. My bad.

• 2 months later...

Archived