What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

So, according to the album booklet, it's "I need your love".

Although it can still be wrong.

And also "I can't be wrong, and baby you're too headstrong". That sounds pretty weird, though.

Meh, the booklets have been wrong before. American Origin of Symmetry anyone? And Matt will change the lyrics live anyway, so forget the booklet. I'm still going to yell "I need to looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove" at that point. :chuckle:

i think and musewiki has written

" i can be wrong"

" i'm too headstrong"

but a few days ago, when i read the lyric

" i can't be wrong"

" you're too headstrong"

which one is correct lyric?

so then Kate , you're too headstrong?

matt think I have done nothing wrong to you??!! just madness? ;-l

just madness was swallowing that couple?

So, according to the album booklet, it's "I need your love".

Although it can still be wrong.

And also "I can't be wrong, and baby you're too headstrong". That sounds pretty weird, though.

I don't think it sounds weird, but Tom did seem to say it was "maybe" so not sure if the booklet lyrics can be trusted or not. That is assuming that Tom actually takes much notice of the lyrics. It could have been an inconsequential hashtag.

The "can't be wrong" bit does fit with how Matt has been described as argumentative, I think by Dom. That he has to win the argument and always does win because no one else has got his staying power. :LOL:

If it was originally "you're" it's not a huge surprise. :ninja: But I think because we don't know for sure we can trust the booklet lyrics, it will remain ambiguous, which is probably as it should be.

Big bump because here
Matt says (at about 19-20 minute) that the big ending was added by Dom and Chris. If it was for Matt, this song wouldn't have had that big ending.

lol

Yes he has said that before.

Just watched the video, mainly songs with little snippets of interview. The bit where Matt is imitating their big sound is funny.

Oh and Prelude, he thinks it might be original but he's not sure! :LOL: I don't think it is, not totally anyway. Actually I do understand that it must be difficult for him to always know whether he is repeating something he has heard rather than writing something original. It just came over funny.

Plus, by the way they giggled, I guessed that David Campbell gave Matt more help with the string arrangements on the album than he was willing to let on. :LOL:

I think Dom may have felt it was a bit of grand statement by Matt that he had done the string arrangements when it sounds like he did it on computer and had the music written up. However Matt had already said somewhere else that that is what happened.

I think Dom may have felt it was a bit of grand statement by Matt that he had done the string arrangements when it sounds like he did it on computer and had the music written up. However Matt had already said somewhere else that that is what happened.

The fact that he made it with software doesn't mean he didn't make it, though.

What could they have added without him though?

Not guitars or vocals so really it's only the bass and drums. I can't imagine he left the studio that much of a minimal ending. I wish Dom would have chimed in and said something.

He could have changed the vocals to complement the ending afterwards.

The fact that he made it with software doesn't mean he didn't make it, though.

No of course not.

It was just how they giggled. Well Dom and then Matt. Dom seemed taken aback when Matt said "I did all the arrangements myself". But I think it was possibly because Dom thought he meant everything apart from conducting.

What's more interesting is how Dom didn't allow Matt to get away with it. I thought that was funny. :D

And I think Matt's drumming impersonation was aimed at Dom. :D "Look at me!". :LOL:

They both seemed happy anyway. :)

Archived