What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

If it is "I need your love" then Matt has some weird pronunciation on the first one, it sounds like [aɪ nɪːdcɔ] or [aɪ nɪːdtʲɔ]. It sounds unvoiced and palatal, not quite [dj] you'd expect if it was "need your".

The way Matt pronounces words in songs, is often not what you would expect though. I still can't quite understand why he pronounces "violence" in UD in such a strange way. Though maybe it's actually a misprint and it's not "violence" at all!

Personally I think it has to be "I need your love". The other thing it sounds like (as per strangeseas suggestion) "I need tour love" :LOL: would not be very flattering and "I need to love" doesn't sound quite right to me. What exactly does that mean? Just the need to love someone, anyone? "I need true love" makes sense, but personally, I don't think it sounds like that.

Anyway we get the gist. :)

Good job Sippe isn't around! :chuckle:

EDIT: I listened to the live performance again and it could be "true love". I suppose it is possible as well that Matt might sing different lyrics on different occasions, or a difference lyric for each line, but it is definitely "your" in the second line on the video, because you can actually see that he's saying that on the lip synching.

For the 'i need to love' it makes sense to me. Earlier he says 'now i have finally realised what you need'

What she needs is for him to love her? That's how I have interpreted it

Yeah same

Oh god I'm agreeing with a Hannah post

Also, just watched the live video, thought it came off rather alright, and hopefully it will get better throughout the tour

Wooot? Madness is growing on me.:(:stunned: What happened to me? I hated this song so much then today mamamaa part with the distorted bass popped in my mind and now I can listen to the whole song without skipping it. Scary.

The same thing happened with Unsustainable.

If it is "I need your love" then Matt has some weird pronunciation on the first one, it sounds like [aɪ nɪːdcɔ] or [aɪ nɪːdtʲɔ]. It sounds unvoiced and palatal, not quite [dj] you'd expect if it was "need your".

[ni:] not [nɪ]

and [dt]? :chuckle:

got some weird things going on in this transcription, niall :p

I hear it at as I need ter love, anyway.

For the 'i need to love' it makes sense to me. Earlier he says 'now i have finally realised what you need'

What she needs is for him to love her? That's how I have interpreted it

Yeah I get that but then why isn't the lyric "I need to love you"? That to me would be the more obvious way of expressing something like that as otherwise it seems a bit open. Even that doesn't sound right to me. "I need to love" seems to imply that loving someone is something that can be called upon just because the other person wants it. "I need to show my love" or something like that, would perhaps be a better way of putting it.

Anyway whatever, never mind. Maybe that is being too pedantic.

But I still think it's "I need your love" :LOL:

Especially as a line just before is "I don't expect you to care" when presumably a person needing love would care. It appears to me to be about suddenly realising that it (the love) is something you really want and therefore it's worth putting some effort towards achieving it before it is too late.

It comes down to a similar thing in the end, it just flows better imo with "I need your love".

Anyways :ninja:

[ni:] not [nɪ]

and [dt]? :chuckle:

got some weird things going on in this transcription, niall :p

I hear it at as I need ter love, anyway.

Same here. I hear a weird combination of:

"I need to love" and "I need tour love".

But I still think it's "I need your love" :LOL:

It comes down to a similar thing in the end, it just flows better imo with "I need your love".

Anyways :ninja:

Why did you delete your post. :unsure:

:ninja:

Same here. I hear a weird combination of:

"I need to love" and "I need tour love".

Why did you delete your post. :unsure:

:ninja:

Because it occurred to me just after posting that you might have been right :LOL: and I didn't want to laugh about it, but naah, I really don't think so.

Archived