What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

So actually the only (reliable) thing you could hear is the presence of distortion/amount of gain? Because I don't think he used any other effects on his guitar.

I'd still say his tone is too trebly, because I don't think the drums, vocals, other guitar parts (even bass) sound too bright at all. If you like that, that's no problem :) Just pointing out what I hear.

i guess i'm just talking about the 'audience cam effect' ;)

I'm definitely preferring this live to the studio version. I think the change in guitar sound combined with the loss of the Queen-esque layered vocals helps.

This. Plus Matt's vocals sound more sincere in the live version. Only problem is that the live version sounds pretty empty/flat until the very end.

I like the guitar sound a lot better in the live version. Sounds a bit like Animals era Pink Floyd. The song still sounds pretty empty in the beginning though. And the audience is annoying (sorry, I know it was some of you here). I don't understand the mentality of wanting to scream over Matt's vocals.

I don't like it because the 'Mamama' bit is irritating and cringey, Matt's voice makes me cringe until the end, the Prince sex gasps make me cringe and Chris and Dom aren't particularly present on the track at all. Oh, and I can honestly see it being the new UD live.

Good of you to end with a positive note, at least :)

Omg! Muse at Skavlan! Another reason to see this bad programme twice in a row. (Last time: Richard Dawkins.)

I hear a very strong T sound.

-> I need to love

-> I need your love

-> I need true love

Yeah there's clearly a very strong 'T' sound after the need. Even in the studio version. I just think it's 'to'

I need tour love. :shifty:

Does that make sense? :wtf:

Well, I'm confused, or controlled or confolled?

Really, we shouldn't care about the lyrics. Everybody has his/her own version. :yesey:

Archived