What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

The first thing that came to me was the "who's bum is that?" faux pas! :LOL: That seems a bit trivial to write a song about though.

I can imagine it though "what did I say wrong?" "Is it wrong to admire the pert bums of fans in Muse knickers?" "It is?" "Okay I see your point".

;):LOL:

Just adding that, jokes aside, I expect it was based on something deeper than Matt was willing to divulge in an interview.

I'm pretty sure he said BH&R was half about "shit that annoyed him" with his girlfriend at the time, back in the day...
I don't remember him using those words but there were definitely mentions of fights and being left on his own :LOL:

I'm sensing a pattern here lol

I don't remember him using those words but there were definitely mentions of fights and being left on his own :LOL:

I'm sensing a pattern here lol

You got me, I ad libbed. :LOL:

Sadly, though, unhappy relationship songs are usually more tolerable than happy ones... :(

I want more songs about entropy and aliens.

At least the article contained the words doom and bleak. :happy:

It also contained a lot of things that actually made me really sad, and sort of flew in the face of all my "open minded" posts earlier.

It's been a day of life lessons and ugly revelations for me. :(

However, I'd simply vanish from here before griping along and trying to bring others down over their differing tastes. :happy:

It also contained a lot of things that actually made me really sad, and sort of flew in the face of all my "open minded" posts earlier.

It's been a day of life lessons and ugly revelations for me. :(

However, I'd simply vanish from here before griping along and trying to bring others down over their differing tastes. :happy:

I like you.

Out of curiosity, what things made you really sad?

based on what I've heard/read so far, this song doesn't sound good to me... those personal themed lyrics were really good and touching back in the Showbiz/OoS era but nowadays that sort of stuff just comes out with too much cheese to stir some real emotions.

also, I think I'm one of the few people here who likes the world's end/mind-control/political conspiracies/worldwide revolution/aliens/sci-fi - themed lyrics a lot more. don't know why, I think they're more exciting than the usual 'oh what am I without you' stuff so common in today's music.

based on what I've heard/read so far, this song doesn't sound good to me... those personal themed lyrics were really good and touching back in the Showbiz/OoS era but nowadays that sort of stuff just comes out with too much cheese to stir some real emotions.

also, I think I'm one of the few people here who likes the world's end/mind-control/political conspiracies/worldwide revolution/aliens/sci-fi - themed lyrics a lot more. don't know why, I think they're more exciting than the usual 'oh what am I without you' stuff so common in today's music.

Feel the same way after the interview. I'm not really getting into what the song's about conceptually.

And I'm sort of fine with the larger scale (mainly cause as you said, it's not the same love theme that's so repeated), but I guess it depends on how it's done. RBS and Debase Mason's Grog for example I think are great with the more revolutionary/conspiracy themes.

Archived