Make Predictions Based on Song Titles

Jimmyneutron

Here we go then!

Supremacy - Take a bow meets apocalypse please but instead of electronica.. strings! all the way! with choir. one of the three songs with choir. Lyrics about how we f*cked up the world by trying to rule mercilessly.

Madness - bliss meets map of the problematique but with heavier riffs than before. Lyrics will be about losing control, hysteria-like.

Panic Station - Stevie Wonder meets Avishai Cohen featuring Brass section Spandau Ballet style and groovy beats. Lyrics will be very much "panic at the disco" style. Maybe the name of the song is even a reference to that.

Prelude/Survival - pointless.

Follow me - Chris song. Not about Bing, but about his 6 little kids. Pianoesque and groovy at the same time. Lyrics about following your dads good footsteps and avoiding the bad ones.

Animals - the title says it all. Micro cuts meets Mk ultra, powerful, energetic. It will be the time to unleash the dragon. Lyrics about over consumption of human feeling as if they were for sale in a supermarket and we couldnt afford them.

Explorers - Continuation of exogenesis. Touching new ground in a far away planet. Strings and rock, all the way. Citizen Erased ending like.

Big freeze - The end of the world. Thoughts of a dying atheist meets Megalomania in a funky groovy rock electronica piece, vibrating till the end.

Save me - The bing song. The one that came to give meaning to his life. Unintended style.

Liquid State - Rock meltdown. New born reborn. Piano starting , guitar ending. Lyrics about losing your way.

Unsustainable - Wub wub, true, but only for 1 min. The song will be 5min long, starting mellow, with kitara, passing to guitar and dubstep with chaos pad and then finishing it off with a choir and some strings

Isolated System - Continuation of the previous song. 7 minutes of knights of cydonia meets exogenisis. About the mistakes of mankind.

Actually, not hardly :p

It's just one of those words that, I think, is considered "too far" where I'm at, and even the people who drop the f-bomb ten times a sentence never use it.

Like, if you ever said that to a girl, someone WILL kick your ass. :LOL:

I know what you mean. I'm really bad for swearing but I only use that for special occasions/people who really deserve it :chuckle:

Anyway, on topic...

How many people have posted "Chris' song", as if it's already sure he has contributed an own composition to the album...

Matt apparently told someone outside the studio a few months ago that Chris had written 'a lovely piano song'

Whether it's on the album or not we shall wait and see

Would be a pretty sweet thing to read in the booklet, 'all songs composed by Matthew Bellamy with the exception of track * composed by Christopher Wolstenholme and track 10 composed by Freddie Mercury'

Actually, not hardly :p

It's just one of those words that, I think, is considered "too far" where I'm at, and even the people who drop the f-bomb ten times a sentence never use it.

Like, if you ever said that to a girl, someone WILL kick your ass. :LOL:

I once called a girl a thundercunt. That did not end well. :LOL:

Supremacy- Even though I'm starting to doubt myself, I still am hoping that my original decision is correct that this contains the first 1:30 of the trailer. Continues with orchestra all the way through but with heavy guitar riffs in the background. Sort of like Overture.

Madness- Starts mellow, similar to the beginning of Micro Cuts. The song as a whole I think will be similar to Time Is Running Out, but a little less upbeat-sounding (yes, the lyrics are not upbeat, but the sound itself is, I would say). Slowly gets heavier and has a big, dramatic ending.

Panic Station- A disco-esque song with piano all the way through and a sax riff that gets repeated a few times. Has a dark underlying message, though. Drums similar to IBTY and a unique bassline.

Prelude- Decent build-up to Survival.

Survival- Like the music, hate the lyrics.

Follow Me- Matt's song about being a father. Lyrics will be a lot of cheesy symbolism. An acoustic track similar to Soldier's Poem. Slightly more exciting.

Animals- I think this will be very much like Screenager and Hoodoo. It will have some cool, dark, quiet riffs. Builds to a pretty heavy section of riffs and powerful tribal drumming, before settling back down to end on a luminous note. One of the best songs on the album.

Explorers- I think Chris's piano number will be in this song. Will be about desperately attempting to find a solution to the world's impending doom. It will be soft, but dark song, like Ruled by Secrecy.

Big Freeze- I believe this song will contain the awesome CE riff. Lots of frantic drumming and some really cool bass. Hopefully like Stockholm Syndrome.

Save Me- Will have more orchestra and piano but, unlike Supremacy, this will be softer and emotional, like Redemption. Lots of harmonies from Chris.

Liquid State- Just based off of the strange (to me) title, this will be a very experimental song using synths and strange guitar effects. Will have a sound similar to Hyper Chondriac Music. Flows into Unsustainable like CE flows into MC.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable- Dubstep and no lyrics from Matt. A short section of just bass and drums before the crazy guitar jumps back in.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System- Stockholm Syndrome + Knights of Cydonia + hard electronica. Will be a very long, relentless, epic closer. It's finally time for KoC to move places in line on setlists, as this will be the new gig closer.

I have really high hopes for this album. I definitely don't expect to like it more than OoS, but I'm hoping it will be my new 2nd favorite. Fitting.

Having an educated guess at which songs will be singles:

Panic Station

Madness

Save Me or Follow Me

Explorers

Liquid State

I think Liquid will be the oddball of the album. It's quite short and has the weirdest title ever, I don't think it could be a single. Time will tell us.

Singles eh? Well here's my predictions.

Panic Station - Seems quite likely based on the band's description of it. I'd say it's unlikely to be one of the first however.

Madness - Predicted by many to be more of a classic Muse rock track. Based upon that I'd say it's quite likely and could be a candidate for the first single.

Follow Me - Pretty much a given if this is the 'lullaby' song as the title seems to suggest.

The band may leave it at that for singles, especially if we're counting Survival. Otherwise I think either Save Me or Big Freeze will be released as well.

I think Panic Station because the band talked about it at the Zane interview.

Then Madness because a lot of people talk about it and it said to be the tipical Muse rock song.

Supremacy is the opener. Sunburn, New Born, Apocalypse and Uprising were singles.

Unsustainable was chosen for the trailer (at least we heard "Unsustainable" on it) so it could be.

This four are at this moment the main protagonist of the single-thing.

Maybe by the names Explorers, Follow Me and Save Me could be.

It's so hard to pick the singles by it's names.

Panic Station won't be the first single because the description muse gave of it doesn't match the one Zane gave on the first single in the interview. They were reffered to as two different songs
But Zane never referred to it as the upcoming single. Just a song he had heard.

But Zane never referred to it as the upcoming single. Just a song he had heard.

I'm sure Zane said that the first single was 'mellow and built up to a huge end' or something like that, and then Matt said the albums main single (first?) is in his opinion quite 'minimal' for muse

Archived