Make Predictions Based on Song Titles

Jimmyneutron

The icon has Dominic in it, it must be him :yesey:

Certainly! I am very sorry for doubting you! :)

Yes but...

How can you trust Dom?

He is a personal friend of both the lead singer and the bassist of Muse, silly!

I'd like Madness to be just that, an instrumental with as many riffs as possible.

I reckon the last two songs will form an epic two-parter like Tool's Parabola or I Am In Hell by Machine Head (which has multiple sections even if it's a single track), though I don't think they'll be the same style as Exogenesis. It's a pretty safe bet that it'll be a quietquietloudBLOODY LOUD CLIMAX! kind of song.

Supremacy

Something like Uprising.

Madness

Something like Resistance.

Panic Station

Something like Undisclosed Desires.

Prelude

Something like Collateral Damage.

Survival

Something like United States of Eurasia (which it is, only heavier).

Follow Me

Something like Guiding Light.

Animals

Something like Unnatural Selection.

Explorers

Something like MK Ultra.

Big Freeze

Something like You Belong To Me.

Save Me

Something like Mon Cœur S'ouvre à Ta Voix (only not in French).

Liquid State

Something like Overture.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Something like Cross-Pollination (but with wub wub).

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Something like Redemption.

Supremacy: Slowly building orchestral opening. Different to the one heard in the trailer, eventually incorporating guitar, heavy drumming and bass and morphing into the next track.

Madness: Groovy bass and a straight out rock track similar in form to TIRO and Hysteria.

Panic Station: Brass intro that gradually turns into a quirky song similar to SMBH but without falsetto vocals.

Prelude + Survival: Already known.

Follow Me: Cheesiest song on the album, Bellamy singing over piano playing, slow repetitive drumbeat in the background.

Animals: 8 minute long building track into extremely heavy guitar solo ending.

Explorers: Synth-filled rock track, fairly standard.

Big Freeze: Piano song with backing vocals by Chris.

Save Me: Choir-filled symphonic song.

Liquid State: Begins with a huge guitar riff, before slowly becoming more symphonic as the song goes on, will eventually flow into The 2nd Law. Includes the first part of the trailer.

TSL: Unsustainable: The second part of the trailer, extremely heavy and dubstep-inspired chorus. Ends with a single long note that joins it to Isolated System.

TSL: Isolated System: Piano twinklings slowly becoming progressively more urgent and an explosion of noise to end the album.

Supremacy

Something like Uprising.

Madness

Panic Station

Prelude

Survival

Follow Me

Animals

Explorers

Something like MK Ultra.

Big Freeze

Save Me

Liquid State

Something like Overture.

Funny.

Just made this, I thought it was appropriate for right now :LOL:

http://i.imgur.com/gGlXW.png

:LOL:

Supremacy- Epic opening song, lots of strings and synths, think Take a Bow and Exo 1

Madness- Rockier song, maybe a bit heavy but not very

Panic Station- Chilled out groovy song, fun

(Prelude

Survival)- Well we know

Follow Me- Cheese fest

Animals- Rockier song

Explorers- Muse by numbers, lots of synths.

Big Freeze- Heavier song

Save Me- Possibley another cheese song

Liquid State- Mix of rockish guitar and synths

The 2nd Law-Unsustainable: Song from trailer, wub wub wub

The 2nd Law-Isolated System: Carries on from the previous track and winds down to a slow piano song

Supremacy - Trolls ruined this one months ago.

, which is a shame.

Madness - I think this one will have a bit of an Origin Of Symmetry vibe to it in that it will be more prog rock influenced and heavy sounding.

Panic Station - From that Zane Lowe interview, we know this one is going to sound a bit like Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" and have an '80's dance vibe.

Prelude - We know how this sounds already. Perhaps it will be extended a bit.

Survival - We know how this sounds.

Follow Me - "Resistance: Part II". This will end up being a ballad of sorts.

Animals - Unless Matt got drunk in the studio and did a full re-record of Pink Floyd's album of the same name, this one is going to be have a '90's grunge influence (think Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam). Matt continues expressing his love for George Orwell as the lyrics are inspired by events in Animal Farm.

Explorers - A track with a post-punk influence that sounds like something Joy Division might have done.

Big Freeze - A minute of silence that ends with a cymbal crash.

Save Me - Not a cover of the Queen song of the same title. The second ballad on the album.

Liquid State - An instrumental track that uses Helsinki Jam as a basis.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - The trailer music extended and with lyrics.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - A balls to the wall rock out that just goes batshit insane.

I can't wait to be proven wrong (either good or bad).

my prediction:

Supremacy

First part of the trailer but longer. full of strings, exogenesis: overture like,but a bit more heavier. it ends with growing synths. it flows really well to the next track.

(think of: Exogenesis: Overture, Butterflies and Hurricanes, the trailer)

Madness

it starts mellow, but it grows to a take a bow-esque climax. full of synths and arpeggios like bliss. heavy bass line and powerful druming.

(think of: Bliss, Hysteria, Uprising)

Panic Station

one of the most experimental muse tracks ever. full of brass, sounding like the 80s, like matt said, slap bass, and a nice clean guitar solo. also really catchy but with cheesy lyrics. epic song or great failure?

(think of: nothing never done before by muse, a bit of SMBH)

Prelude

already known

Survival

already known

Follow Me

i think this will be a really nice surprise. and will be a great song. tears in heaven-esque kind of dialogue, but not so depressing neither the lyrics or the melody.

or

GUIDING LIGHT: PART 2 :LOL:

(think of: Unintended, Blackout)

Animals

starts on the piano and grows until a epic riff in drop A kicks in. contains the CE riff from glasto and a massive pink floyd-ish 2 min solo at the end. great harmonized vocals and excellent use of the choir. longest muse song. orwell themed lyrics. (Am being too optimistic here?).

(think of: Citizen Erased, New Born, Unnatural Selection, Survival)

Explorers

chris song. matt does the lead vocals though. good song reminding the early years.

(think of: escape)

Big Freeze

Piano based song. sounding a bit like hoodoo mixed with screenager. space themed lyrics. tablas used by dom.

(think of: Screenager, Hoodoo)

Save Me

worst song on the album. cheesy lyrics, crapy guitar solo, not so cool bass line, and bad use of the choir.

(think of: Guiding Light)

Liquid State

Orchestral bit again. Starts mellow but then a drop D riff kicks in. Good use of the choir again. ends up with a supremacy reprise that leads into...

(think of: Butterflies and Hurricanes)

Unsustainable, the dupstep-y song. second part of the trailer and some kind of weird electronic elements in the verse.

(think of: the trailer for the dubstep part, and MOTP for the electronic part)

heavy use of whammy from matt a, great bass line and tablas are used by dom once more. good closing track with a crescendo till the end.

(think of: Fury, Showbiz)

that would be a great souding album. probably too much positivity. :)

Supremacy

Something like Uprising.

Madness

Panic Station

Prelude

Survival

Follow Me

Animals

Explorers

Something like MK Ultra.

Big Freeze

Save Me

Liquid State

Something like Overture.

I already kind of did this joke in my post :mad:

Well, I'm doing this with the image that comes to my mind at reading those titles.

Supremacy: I think is the 1:30 of the trailer. I really like that fragment to be the opener of the album. Sort, right in to your mind making you ready about the chaos will be on the album. Flows right to Madness.

Madness: A comercial paranoia song with heavy guitars and a nice synths. Someone said that Bliss was like this, so it could be by the synths.

Panic Station: Big brother of Undisclosed and Supermassive. It will have some rhythm but the lyrics will be serious. The brass will be super experimental.

Prelude and Survival: Known.

Follow Me: When I think in this, Invincible come to my mind, but telling the story of the life itself. I will like it. Cheesy, melodic, convicent.

Animals: By the title you see the band going fucking crazy, as I do. Something like Unnatural S., Citizen or the last part of MK Ultra. I will enjoy this song a lot, and the title is unusual for Muse.

Explorers: No idea. Really. Piano? Choirs? I don't see anything heavy here. Hoodoo maybe?

Big Freeze: Quite to very noisy. Some nice atmospheres here with really weird lyrics. Knights of Cydone maybe.

Save Me: To Misfits fans... SAVE ME BARRY!

Liquid State: When I read for the first time this title I couldn't belive it. It's so fuck*ng weird this title but I like it so much. I expect from this to be my favourite song and having that so mentioned "hard electronica".

T2L: Unsustainable: Robot part from the trailer. I will really enjoy the lyrics (if there are) and the sound. I expect so much from UnWUBtainable.

T2L: Isolated System: Hey dude, when I read this title I have shivers all down my body, haha. It see computers in this song (call me crazy), so, we'll see. I don't really want to expect anything from the last track of the albums, what it is, it will be welcome.

PS: It's so hard to write this being a 17 years old boy from Spain uh :p

Archived