Make Predictions Based on Song Titles

Jimmyneutron

Here's my prediction, based on what we know, what the last two albums have been like and of course the song titles.

Supremacy - TAB-esque. Will be a regular this tour, possibly the opener/closer. It will be good.

Madness - Standard song. Live regular. Possibly in the style of Hysteria/TIRO. Will be a good/okay song.

Panic Station - Quirky, weird-ish song, but most likely a live regular. Think MOTP mixed with IBTY. Or something. It'll be good.

Prelude - Fucking pile of wank. Morgan will play this.

Survival - Shit song. Heavy and with great vocals, but still shit. Live regular, obviously. Will be good live, except Matt will wimp out of the scream, no doubt about it.

Follow Me - Guiding Light 2. It will be a piece of shit, almost guaranteed.

Animals - As we're getting closer to the second half of the album, the songs will progressively get better. Obviously. Animals will be a semi-regular, heavy-ish song.

Explorers - No idea what this is going to sound like. Potentially the Exo-Politics of this album. Except it will get played live every now and then.

Big Freeze - One of two options for the Assassin/MK Ultra of this era. Obviously it will never get played live for that reason. Which is a shame, because it will be awesome.

Save Me - Assuming that the piano stuff Chris wrote is on the album, this will probably be the song. Will probably be a bit quirky, with both guitar and piano.

Liquid State - Same as Big Freeze, really.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - 30 seconds of dubstep, the rest will be heavy rock. That means it won't get played live. Ever.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - Likely to be one of the best songs on the album. So it will also never get played live.

Done. Literally took me five minutes, so don't take any of this seriously.

I'll have a go! :D

Supremacy - A big song that builds continually from start to finish. Begins with strings and then bass, with drums, choir and other orchestral instruments introduced after the first minute onwards. Lead vocals come in roughly at the second minute mark. The track doesn't follow a typical song structure, with vocals following a similar pattern to KoC. The music becomes more urgent after the third minute, distorted guitar fades in shortly after. The track builds to an epic rock-orchestra climax at five minutes, ending on a big powerchord but vocals have finished before this point (so no cheesy falsetto :p).

The lyrics are about power and greed, and how the human race will ultimately ruin itself.

Madness - Begins where Supremacy left off, a big rock track, but with more of a raw sound so there'll be little or no orchestra and choir. One big riff will be repeated several times throughout the track. The chorus will be big and just begs to be sang along to. The song follows a slightly more usual structure, similar to CE, but with a faster section towards the end. The guitar becomes more distorted towards the end, with the song fading out in a style similar to TaB, with the guitar gradually being replaced by synth.

Lyrics are about stupidity and ignorance. Also links in with mental disorders.

Panic Station - Synth at the end of Madness fades into a synth melody that gets the track going. Jazzy elements are introduced shortly afterwards, with vocals following soon after. Follows a typical Muse song structure. Brass will feature prominently in the chorus and a crunchy guitar solo will feature towards the end of the song.

Lyrics are about the spread of panic, expect some nods towards conspiracy theories.

Prelude + Survival - Already known.

Follow Me - Song begins with soft piano, before introducing clean bass and light drums. Song follows a typical structure, with strings featuring during the chorus. A brass or woodwind solo will feature (similar to CoD or IBTY). Song is generally slower, with the most upbeat part being an adaptation of a Rachmaninov piece that forms the outro.

Lyrics are about leadership and nurturing.

Animals - Song commences with a distorted bassline, drums and synth melody follow. Again, song follows a more traditional structure, but no guitars feature until the chorus. A medium-length section of riffs comprise the solo before the final chorus, which is big and leads into another small section of riffage before the song ends. The track will draw comparisons with Hysteria, Uprising and maybe MK Ultra.

Lyrics are about the animlistic nature of humans and how it is dangerous to ignore it. Expect the line 'We're only animals' somewhere. Will be one of the few songs on the album to contain the song title in the lyrics.

Explorers - Another song that builds from start to finish, similar to Supremacy. There will be less orchestral elements this time, but will instead feature more synth. Vocals will also feature more, with the structure being similar to Foo Fighter's Come Alive. Song will begin with just synth and bass parts, with the vocals following not long after. Drums come in as the song starts to build, along with further synth parts about half way through. Distorted guitar comes in about 3/4 of the way through, playing a part similar to the bass, no epic riffage this time round. Song builds to a climax, with a final chord that fades out. The synth fades into playing quiet arpeggios.

Lyrics are about a golden age of the human race, with exploration outside the solar system and great technological advances. Mostly a positive song, but becomes fairly dark towards the end.

Big Freeze - Song beings with acoustic guitar, with the synth arpeggios similar to those from end of Explorers audible in the background. A clean bass beings at the same time as the vocals. The song follows a structure similar to Apocalypse Please and has a very atmospheric feel. The bass becomes distorted before the second verse, the drums come in at the same time. After the second verse, there is medium-length 'interlude' where the guitar and drums fade out and the synth becomes the most prominent part. This section is similar in sound to the 'leak' claiming to be Panic Station that was posted on YouTube. When this section finishes, the drums come back in and the guitar is now electric with a small amount of distortion and a wah effect. There is one final verse and then then song ends after a short funky guitar riff.

Lyrics again address the inevitability of the end of the human race, but this time due to factors we can't control.

Save Me - Another softer song, similar in feel to some of the songs off The Resistance. Strings and a choir will again feature, but the song overall sounds quite atmospheric and moody. No piano or guitar will feature, with the song made up of mostly orchestral elements, vocals and synth. Bass and drums will feature but not prominently. The song follows an unusual structure, not really having a definable verse or chorus, just several different vocal parts.

Lyrics are about escaping/being saved from impending doom (or not being able to).

Liquid State - Marks the first of the three most radical tracks on the album. It is linked to Big Freeze in many ways, one of which is that it starts roughly where Big Freeze finished. Plenty of synth, bass, drums and wah guitar. Vocals are minimal and share some parts with Big Freeze. The song has no definable structure due to the near-absent vocals, it very much sounds like an electro-rock symphony but without any orchestral instruments.

Shares some lyrics with Big Freeze with a couple of new vocal lines. Lyrics are otherwise non-existant.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - The track heard in the trailer, but with a few differences. The strings start as heard in the trailer, with the news reporter giving her 'speech' but when she reaches the word Unsustainable she says it normally. This then gives way to more strings which follow a similar pattern, but continually builds. More orchestral instruments are added as well as choir and synth. This goes on for a minute or two before the reporter repeats her final line, and then the track goes into the breakdown section with the robot. This is slightly longer than that of trailer but ends in the same way.

The lyrics are only those spoken in the trailer, there are no vocal parts for Matt or Chris so no new lyrics.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - Like the two separate parts of the preceding track (and some of the rest of the album) crashed into one. Lots of orchestral elements, synth and electronica. Vocal parts are minimal but are there this time, same with guitar. Bass and drums feature quite prominently. The song builds and builds until it reaches a massive climax. Musegasms will be had.

Lyrics are about the Earth's/Sun's/Universe's destruction.

~Fin~

Wow, that was more than I expected to be able to write. Enjoy! :awesome:

Here's my prediction, based on what we know, what the last two albums have been like and of course the song titles.

Supremacy - TAB-esque. Will be a regular this tour, possibly the opener/closer. It will be good.

Madness - Standard song. Live regular. Possibly in the style of Hysteria/TIRO. Will be a good/okay song.

Panic Station - Quirky, weird-ish song, but most likely a live regular. Think MOTP mixed with IBTY. Or something. It'll be good.

Survival - Shit song. Heavy and with great vocals, but still shit. Live regular, obviously. Will be good live, except Matt will wimp out of the scream, no doubt about it.

Animals - As we're getting closer to the second half of the album, the songs will progressively get better. Obviously. Animals will be a semi-regular, heavy-ish song.

Explorers - No idea what this is going to sound like. Potentially the Exo-Politics of this album. Except it will get played live every now and then.

Big Freeze - One of two options for the Assassin/MK Ultra of this era. Obviously it will never get played live for that reason. Which is a shame, because it will be awesome.

Save Me - Assuming that the piano stuff Chris wrote is on the album, this will probably be the song. Will probably be a bit quirky, with both guitar and piano.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - 30 seconds of dubstep, the rest will be heavy rock. That means it won't get played live. Ever.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - Likely to be one of the best songs on the album. So it will also never get played live.

I like how you're already forming opinions of the songs.

Ok here we go, purely for my own amusement (no pun intended)

Supremacy - a brooding pounding string filled opener, apocalypse please meets exogenisis with little lyrics (first strike simon)

Madness - the uprising of the album but building to a large crescendo like take a bow with an epic guitar riff and somewhat cheesy lyrics

Panic station - mental, crazy, 80s jazzy trumpets and horns like something from an old film, the most upbeat song of the album

Follow me - a lot like blackout lyric wise, about how we all grow up to fast but a more positive way on it, about having possession of something important (your own child) mellow and emotional piano (no cheese pls, would ruin it)

Animals - heavy heavy bass and drum beats, the gong that we saw Dom recording, like a slower assasin meets hysteria with loud male choirs and high falsettos

Explorers - more synthy, chris' piano song with a repeating sequence of arpeggios. But made up with by powerful vocals

Big freeze - most chilling :chuckle: song on the whole album. Like a ramped up version of con science with heavy guitar and spacey sounds

Save me - release the cheese.

Liquid state - more emphasis on drums, the bongos and diverse percussion feature here with high weak vocals and an upbeat tempo

The last too I have no idea (apart from what's in the trailer of course) because of the order they are in. But if they were the other way round:

Isolated system - the first half of the trailer leads straight into

Unsustainable - starts like we have already heard, then goes into growling vocals and a steady drum beat and heavy bass in the middle before unleashing into the craziest, loudest, mars sent bombastic dub step riff you have ever heard ending in an almighty crash

God what have I done

Isolated system - the first half of the trailer leads straight into

Unsustainable - starts like we have already heard, then goes into growling vocals and a steady drum beat and heavy bass in the middle before unleashing into the craziest, loudest, mars sent bombastic dub step riff you have ever heard ending in an almighty crash

God what have I done

There's a problem: the order of these two is reversed.

All I have now is this:

Supremacy - kind of jumps right in when it starts. Similar to Uprising (let me finish), but with a heavier sound to it. Classic Muse sound/structure to the song. Gets a bit crazy at the end (think Plug in Baby if you need a general idea).

Panic Station - Bit vague on what exactly the song would sound like but most likely a heavier track as well; sounds a bit on the edge of madness (think Hysteria if you need a general idea). Where the wubwub starts to come into the album, so expect a bass drop.

That's about all I have for now; expect a full prediction later on.

you will probably be the most on the money though :LOL:

What are the odds of getting something similar the soundtrack to a spaghetti western instead of 80's pop for panic station? I mean, c'mon, this is Muse! They're already way over the top, and now they have brass. To me that says Clint Eastwood and cowboys.

That's what I would have hoped for if the band didn't already said that Panic Station is a '80 disco/jazz inspired song in which they "improved the groove".

I think everything we heard in the trailer is one song, and that that song is "The 2nd Law - Unsustainable". That includes the orchestra/choir bit, the news anchor lady, and the dubstep. It all fits together too nicely that I have trouble believing they are two seperate songs mashed together for a trailer. I'm willing to bet the trailer is a sample of one song. I understand the orchestra bit sounds like a good opening for the album (aka Supremacy), but if you think of it as the opener of a two-part song, I can see that.

Supremacy

A thunderous electronic rock song with a pulsating beat, heavy bass and a lengthy (by Muse standards) guitar solo. Lyrics straightforward and inspiring. Show opener. First single.

Madness

Heavy rock with metal riffs. As the title implies, it dissolves from a relatively simple verse-chorus-verse song into a chaotic, 2 minute jam. A live favourite. Second single, but the jam will be shortened for radio play and everyone will bitch and moan about it.

Panic Station

Groove-based, brass-heavy dance track with a saxophone solo. Studio version will be good but it will sound shit live. Third single.

Prelude

Radiohead medley, lol.

Survival

Death metal, maybe? idk

Follow Me

Subdued, piano-based lullaby with glockenspiel and light percussion. Matt gives a soulful vocal performance, singing about fatherhood and his concerns about raising a son in these times of chaos and uncertainty.

Animals

Groovy funk rock with a Jane’s Addiction/RATM influence. Catchy guitar riffs and slap bass. Lyrics contain Orwell references.

Explorers

7 minute symphonic prog odyssey, complete with sweeping string arrangements and (another) long guitar solo. Lyrics are about discovery and whatnot.

Big Freeze

Instrumental post-rock with a subdued beginning, slowly building up to a powerful climax. Will get a lot of Mogwai comparisons.

Save Me

Face-melting metal flamenco cowboy psychedelia. Driving beat, “western” lyrics. Reminiscent of the last 3 tracks on BH&R. A spiritual successor to KoC.

Liquid State

Heavy electronica with a pulsating beat. Dark yet danceable.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

A longer version of what we heard in the trailer, melding symphonic and dubstep influences.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Like Exogenesis, only heavier. Dissonant, suspenseful symphonic beginning; then guitars, synths, bass and drums come in full force for an explosive climax with Matt wailing apocalyptic lyrics. Ends with an eerily subdued piano coda. At over 10 minutes, it is the longest Muse track to date. Of course, it will almost never get played live.

Archived