Make Predictions Based on Song Titles

Jimmyneutron

Supremacy: String intro that builds into a electronic rock song, sort of like Uprising or MK Ultra

Madness: All out heaviness, featuring the Citizen Erased riff and a big outro. Likely to be played at the end of the main set

Panic Station: Groove like TiRO but with brass rhythm

Prelude: Stringy

Survival: Freddy Mercury times 1,000

Follow Me: Build up song, starting with just piano and vocals before ending heavy. Song about 'having a baby and all that'

Animals: Heavy groove song, sort of like the Alien Ant Farm version of Smooth Criminal

Explorers: Experimental song, heavy on groove and likely to feature electronics. Either this or Liquid State to feature the tablas/bongos

Big Freeze: Piano with strings and horns, like a film soundtrack

Save Me: Could go either way - either a pop ballad like Guiding Light, or a heavy song

Liquid State: Unusual and slightly barmy, sort of like Screenager only heavier and with strings, and likely to be very heavy on lyrics about thermodynamics

Unsustainable: Could sound like the trailer. Call it a hunch.

Isolated System: Not sure about this one but I think it could be the reverse of Unsustainable - start as a heavy electronic song and dwindle down to a single tone at the end.

That's my theory now. Could well change by the time we actually hear something and all of this becomes bollocks anyway. :chuckle:

Supremacy - Strings. Massive.

Madness - Mk Ultra meets Uprising. Progressive until a TaB kinda of climax.

Panic Station - Disco Stu will love it.

Prelude - Strings. Meh

Survival - Queen plus heavy gothic/egyptian guitar riffs.

Follow Me - NSC/GL 2.0. Just in cheesy spot, we cant escape.

Animals - Weird experimental indie rock.

Explorers - The continuation of Exogenisis tale. Strings, guitar and heavy piano. From now on the album gets more consistent, like BHaR.

Big Freeze - Dark and Heavy. Awesome

Save Me - A "desprogressive" song. Starts really heavy and it slows down to a really soft piano.

Liquid State - KoC wannabe.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - First 1:30 of trailer until the Unsustainable robot. (it has more than 1:30)

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - Hard electronica ftw.

I have a feeling that Survival will sound like Queen with some heavy guitars and stuff.

I disagree. I think it's one of the seven songs in the trailer, but the full thing will actually sound like Citizen Erased 2.

I disagree. I think it's one of the seven songs in the trailer, but the full thing will actually sound like Citizen Erased 2.

You've got it all backwards, Unsustainable will be the new Citizen Erased (think about it, both names contain 5 syllables).

I've heard from reliable sources that they're even bringing back the 7-string.

I have a feeling that Survival will sound like Queen with some heavy guitars and stuff.

I was really confused at first and then facepalmed myself so hard I started to feel dizzy.

Supremacy: First part of the trailer, flows into Madness. Big choirs and strings.

Madness: Quite heavy rock track, with a climax. Strong vocals.

Panic Station: Groovy song with disco-jazz influences. Cool drumming pattern, slap bass.

Prelude: hurr

Survival: durr

Follow Me: Starts simple and mellow, slowly builds up (not much, though). Will be good even if a bit cheesy.

Animals: Mind-blowingly heavy track, maybe their heaviest song ever. Chris singing. The one with the CE live riff.

Explorers: Dom using tablas, lots of synths, quite slow though.

Big Freeze: Piano song written by Chris. Starts strong and ends soft. Dark vibe (Space Dementia-ish)

Save Me: Standard rock song with bad lyrics.

Liquid State: Synth-driven song, with low vocals and choirs. Will flow into Unsustainable.

Unsustainable: Second part of the trailer, so heavy electronica-inspired riffage and vocoder. Will flow into Isolated System.

Isolated System: Epic closing track, with choirs and strings all toghether, heavy drums, heavy guitar, heavy bass. Heavy.

tHw0b.gif

Supremacy - First part of trailer. A very prog-rock like opening to an album. Some people will be driven away, most will stay behind.

Madness - A single. Powerful vocals and bass-line. Think SMBH but heavier and more electronic. Slows down at the end to go into Panic Station.

Panic Station - Brass, funk, dat bassline. Think like if Stevie Wonder make Darkshines. Rhodes on this one. This is the christian gangsta rap jazz odyssey.

Prelude - I'm guessing what was shown on the radio is going to be what's going to be on the album.

Survival - For anybody that hasn't heard this yet, it is an over-the-top pretentious pisstake at the olympics. It's not a bad song though...

Follow Me - Think Soldier's Poem, but about Bing. Acoustic Guitar, Rhodes Piano, and a simple bassline back the overly cheesy lyrics. Glockenspiel and other lullaby-like instruments are around too.

Animals - Weird noise experimental rock. Think if Syd Barett made Screenager.

Explorers - This is the face-melting cowboy flamenco physchedelia.

Big Freeze - About change, but taken into a more deeper form. Choir, orchestra, all dat shit.

Save Me - Chris punk rock piano solo!!!!

Liquid State - A slower song to "end" off the album for The 2nd Law to make way.

Unsustainable - WUB WUB WUB WUB

Isolated system - HOLY FUCK 7.5 minute epic rhapsody prog rock metal dubstep epic which will never be played live. also could be the worst muse song ever. CE live riff goes here.

Thought I'd give it a go:

It will be more of a concept album than anything they've done before, no real narrative, but the songs flow either musically or thematically, and are all based around the concepts in the trailer, linking human activity to thermodynamics, and much more focused than The Resistance.

Supremacy: Quiet, soft strings slowly build before Matt comes in with distorted guitar, followed by the rest of the band, building to a big, explosive ending, think Overture and Take A Bow. Throughout it feels grand and bold, and can be interpreted as a musical nod to the album concept of growth being unsustainable, as it gets bigger and heavier until it crashes back down. Minimal vocals, if not instrumental.

Madness: Builds out of the Take A Bow style noise and distortion at the end of Supremacy. Again mellow at first, but building. Heavy chorus and a riff or two, but softer verses. Introduces and explores the album concept. Synth line running through the song which leads into Panic Station.

Panic Station: New SMBH. Dark but groovy, 80s-influenced disco track with brass section and sax solo. Heavy bass and interesting drumming. Can see this using either the keytar or Kitara, and being much more interesting live than Undisclosed Desires, which this will probably get compared to. Lyrics speak of the realisation of a coming apocalypse and a challenge to survive, hence the lyrics of Survival. Brass becomes part of a larger orchestra and disappears altogether at the end to lead into Prelude.

Prelude: We know.

Survival: We know.

Follow Me: Piano lullaby. Maybe some acoustic guitar. Cheesy but emotional, with shades of Soldiers Poem. Invincible style ending, giving an 'inspirational' feel. Like Exogenesis, the grandiose theme lightly hides the more human meaning of the song, which is about being an influence and trying to guide someone through life.

Animals: Heavy track, influenced by Animal Farm and the Pink Floyd album. A shorter, heavier form of Dogs, with slightly different themes to match the album. Heavy riffs, with a more technical breakdown section, think Unnatural Selection. Could be the new Citizen Erased.

Explorers: Chris' piano song. Dark and brooding, emotional like Follow Me, but less cheesy. Chris does some lead vocals allowing Matt to play more complex guitar parts. Sort of linked to the Exogenesis story, possibly how the 'explorers' view the situation. Features a crashing, Space Dementia style outro.

Big Freeze: Heavy song with main riff in the style of Stockholm Syndrome and Assassin, but shorter. About the end of humanity, the world and the universe. A direct, straightforward song. Could replace any of the current heavy songs live, or be the new one we all want to hear but never gets played.

Save Me: Guiding Light strikes back.

Liquid State: Synth led song. Pretty chilled and groovy, possibly with some strange percussion, but gathers pace towards the end, before cutting off suddenly.

The Second Law: The full version of the trailer. A lot like System Meltdown by Enter Shikari. Unsustainable is the first part of the trailer, but possibly longer. Building up to the speech, ending on the robot voice. Isolated System follows immediately with the drop frol the trailer. This section is longer than it is on the trailer and leads into almost nonsensical, heavily distorted vocal section, which then drops into a riff similar to the opening one. Another vocal section before a big, long, final riff, possibly followed by short string section coda.

I am so fucking tired of every song prediction being "Muse song+another Muse song".

Maybe people think Muse have run out of ideas? :rolleyes:

And to be fair it worked for half of the last album...

I'm impressed, or no, more like flabbergasted at the amount of detail in some of these descriptions, based on pretty much nothing. :LOL: I can't wait to see if anyone is close to being accurate. I don't really find myself speculating too much. Big Freeze makes me think of thse gas station slushy treats, though. :happy:

I didn't think I'd do one of these, but something made me change my mind...

Supremacy: Kicks off the album with a groovy bassline and synths. Minimal guitar work except for one little solo. Will be a single, and played at every gig on the tour as opener.

Madness: Also a single. Will start off with a mellow atmospheric intro with dark gloomy verses, with much faster choruses with lots of backing vocals. It will be the most generic song on the album, and also played at every gig on the tour.

Panic Station: Third single. Jazzy number with plenty of brass. No guitar work whatsoever, instead Matt will play a saxophone live except he will only play like 5 notes during the whole song. This song will be met with extremely mixed reception from fans and be awful live.

Prelude: Stringy strings.

Survival: Queen sound-alike.

Follow Me: Starts with pounding drums and synths before Matt starts singing about how much he loves Bing. Super-cheesy but slightly redeemed by a somewhat average guitar solo. Played live a lot more than it should be.

Animals: The album picks up a bit here, with organs, heavy riffs and an awesome slow bridge. The main riff will be the Glasto 04 CE riff. This will be the epic gig closer but will be dropped halfway through the tour.

Explorers: Starts with a fast electronic-sounding riff, before the drum and bass kick in. The chorus will be slow yet urgent, with strings and robotic vocals, before exploding into an insane riff that melts everyone's brains. It will hardly be played live at all.

Big Freeze: This is the piano song that Chris has written. It will be a somewhat wacky and silly song, but by no means a bad song. This will feature a verse sung in German, and a kazoo solo. It will be played live five times in total.

Save Me: Christian gangsta rap jazz odyssey.

Liquid State: Face-melting cowboy flamenco physchedelia.

Unsustainable: Dubby steppy.

Isolated System: Dubby steppy part two.

Trolololololo

Big Freeze: This is the piano song that Chris has written. It will be a somewhat wacky and silly song, but by no means a bad song. This will feature a verse sung in German, and a kazoo solo. It will be played live five times in total.

:LOL:

Archived