Make Predictions Based on Song Titles

Jimmyneutron

I don't hate it- I'm seeing it now as kind of like Soldier's Poem with love lyrics.

My opinion on this album changes every day...

I first though Big Freeze is awesome but then thought it over and I changed my mind. Then I changed my mind again, because I suddenly remembered we haven't even heard the song or album yet.

Supremacy: String intro that builds into a electronic rock song, sort of like Uprising or MK Ultra

Madness: All out heaviness, featuring the Citizen Erased riff and a big outro. Likely to be played at the end of the main set

Panic Station: Groove like TiRO but with brass rhythm

Prelude: Stringy

Survival: Freddy Mercury times 1,000

Follow Me: Build up song, starting with just piano and vocals before ending heavy. Song about 'having a baby and all that'

Animals: Heavy groove song, sort of like the Alien Ant Farm version of Smooth Criminal

Explorers: Experimental song, heavy on groove and likely to feature electronics. Either this or Liquid State to feature the tablas/bongos

Big Freeze: Piano with strings and horns, like a film soundtrack

Save Me: Could go either way - either a pop ballad like Guiding Light, or a heavy song

Liquid State: Unusual and slightly barmy, sort of like Screenager only heavier and with strings, and likely to be very heavy on lyrics about thermodynamics

Unsustainable: Could sound like the trailer. Call it a hunch.

Isolated System: Not sure about this one but I think it could be the reverse of Unsustainable - start as a heavy electronic song and dwindle down to a single tone at the end.

That's my theory now. Could well change by the time we actually hear something and all of this becomes bollocks anyway. :chuckle:

Well, at the very least, I know that I am completley wrong. :awesome:

Ok here we go, purely for my own amusement (no pun intended)

Supremacy - a brooding pounding string filled opener, apocalypse please meets exogenisis with little lyrics (first strike simon)

Madness - the uprising of the album but building to a large crescendo like take a bow with an epic guitar riff and somewhat cheesy lyrics

Panic station - mental, crazy, 80s jazzy trumpets and horns like something from an old film, the most upbeat song of the album

Follow me - a lot like blackout lyric wise, about how we all grow up to fast but a more positive way on it, about having possession of something important (your own child) mellow and emotional piano (no cheese pls, would ruin it)

Animals - heavy heavy bass and drum beats, the gong that we saw Dom recording, like a slower assasin meets hysteria with loud male choirs and high falsettos

Explorers - more synthy, chris' piano song with a repeating sequence of arpeggios. But made up with by powerful vocals

Big freeze - most chilling :chuckle: song on the whole album. Like a ramped up version of con science with heavy guitar and spacey sounds

Save me - release the cheese.

Liquid state - more emphasis on drums, the bongos and diverse percussion feature here with high weak vocals and an upbeat tempo

The last too I have no idea (apart from what's in the trailer of course) because of the order they are in. But if they were the other way round:

Isolated system - the first half of the trailer leads straight into

Unsustainable - starts like we have already heard, then goes into growling vocals and a steady drum beat and heavy bass in the middle before unleashing into the craziest, loudest, mars sent bombastic dub step riff you have ever heard ending in an almighty crash

God what have I done

hmmn not too bad I guess

Supremacy - Trolls ruined this one months ago.
, which is a shame.

Madness - I think this one will have a bit of an Origin Of Symmetry vibe to it in that it will be more prog rock influenced and heavy sounding.

Panic Station - From that Zane Lowe interview, we know this one is going to sound a bit like Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" and have an '80's dance vibe.

Prelude - We know how this sounds already. Perhaps it will be extended a bit.

Survival - We know how this sounds.

Follow Me - "Resistance: Part II". This will end up being a ballad of sorts.

Animals - Unless Matt got drunk in the studio and did a full re-record of Pink Floyd's album of the same name, this one is going to be have a '90's grunge influence (think Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam). Matt continues expressing his love for George Orwell as the lyrics are inspired by events in Animal Farm.

Explorers - A track with a post-punk influence that sounds like something Joy Division might have done.

Big Freeze - A minute of silence that ends with a cymbal crash.

Save Me - Not a cover of the Queen song of the same title. The second ballad on the album.

Liquid State - An instrumental track that uses Helsinki Jam as a basis.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - The trailer music extended and with lyrics.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - A balls to the wall rock out that just goes batshit insane.

I can't wait to be proven wrong (either good or bad).

Whelp! That was way off. :LOL:

Although, knowing who's singing "Liquid State" and what it's about, that one still could turn out semi-true (having Helsinki Jam as a basis). Hell, "Save Me" might actually be correct given what little is now known about it.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if those two predictions end up being correct in any way.

Too much hate for Follow Me :supersad:

Why sadface if you haven't hear it yet? The title is just a bit meh, which is giving me doubts about the song, but it could be something v different. It was between that and Save Me. The 'Me' songs aren't thrilling me as song titles, hehe.

Edit: I can't decide whether Bing's heartbeat on Follow Me will be sweet or disturbing :LOL:.

Why sadface if you haven't hear it yet? The title is just a bit meh, which is giving me doubts about the song, but it could be something v different. It was between that and Save Me. The 'Me' songs aren't thrilling me as song titles, hehe.

Edit: I can't decide whether Bing's heartbeat on Follow Me will be sweet or disturbing :LOL:.

I predict that the worst song will be Explorers :phu:

Probably disturbingly sweet. (I found more disturbing the fact that someone in the keeper thread asked if he/she could keep Bing's heartbeat :LOL:)

I predict that the worst song will be Explorers :phu:

Probably disturbingly sweet. (I found more disturbing the fact that someone in the keeper thread asked if he/she could keep Bing's heartbeat :LOL:)

Ohhh, be careful, OP said that Guiding Light would be the best, and look how that turned out ;)

Archived