Make Predictions Based on Song Titles

Jimmyneutron

I agree, about the standard variety part. It's nice to know they don't rehash the same exact thing all the time. I'm actually looking forward to them touching some electronic stuff as well- one week I discover Justice then the next, Matt says he's been listening to them. I really like DIOYY's stuff, especially their remix of Uprising, so I'm hoping maybe Matt DID take some influence from them and hopefully we have some songs that really are completely new.

Unsustainable (and another one, imho) will no doubt show that influence. And since Justice and DIOYY are in my top 20 bands, I'm looking forward to it :awesome:

Unsustainable (and another one, imho) will no doubt show that influence. And since Justice and DIOYY are in my top 20 bands, I'm looking forward to it :awesome:

YOU TOO?! *gets left hanging from a virtual high five*

I was kinda taken aback by Unsutainable/Supremacy/whatever. I knew they'd joked about the dubstep, but to hear them actually do it... I loved it, cause it was just his nomral live messings-around, but more...dubby. and steppy.

YOU TOO?! *gets left hanging from a virtual high five*

I was kinda taken aback by Unsutainable/Supremacy/whatever. I knew they'd joked about the dubstep, but to hear them actually do it... I loved it, cause it was just his nomral live messings-around, but more...dubby. and steppy.

Justice are in my top 10 no doubt :yesey: I have a feeling the majority of this album will be a beast live, but I still don't wanna get my hopes up

Quite quite true....

Okay, so in all honesty- I'm guessing everyone also hates the Survival lyrics. But does anybody, other than me, like it otherwise? And (just to tie this into the thread topic) do you think this is "radically different" enough and reflects the rest of the album, or do you think this is the same old song and dance and is nothing like the other songs?

The lyrics never bothered me because it's a song for the Olympics. The only thing is I think I will find it a but cringey and funny singing along live :chuckle: I personally adore the song, not just because it's new muse I've been waiting for for ages. I genuinely can't stop listening to it and it gets better every time. It makes me just as excited for the album as I know it doesn't show case much as it is a song for the Olympics and not made FOR the album, but the heavy bass and guitar riff makes me very optimistic that they certainly haven't lost it in terms of making new music that I love - screw the rest it's me that matters ;)

The lyrics never bothered me because it's a song for the Olympics. The only thing is I think I will find it a but cringey and funny singing along live :chuckle: I personally adore the song, not just because it's new muse I've been waiting for for ages. I genuinely can't stop listening to it and it gets better every time. It makes me just as excited for the album as I know it doesn't show case much as it is a song for the Olympics and not made FOR the album, but the heavy bass and guitar riff makes me very optimistic that they certainly haven't lost it in terms of making new music that I love - screw the rest it's me that matters ;)

well, the lyrics bothers me, exactly because it's a song for the Olympics. 4 billion people will hear it for like two or three weeks, and what are they going to think about Matt's songwriting skills with lines like "life's a race and I'm gona win"? I agree with the rest of your post, though, survival had some (from my part) unexpected heaviness, and that makes me looking forward to T2L VERY much.

if all the other songs off of T2L will be similarly "surprising", I think there won't be any problem with this album.

well, the lyrics bothers me, exactly because it's a song for the Olympics. 4 billion people will hear it for like two or three weeks, and what are they going to think about Matt's songwriting skills with lines like "life's a race and I'm gona win"? I agree with the rest of your post, though, survival had some (from my part) unexpected heaviness, and that makes me looking forward to T2L VERY much.

if all the other songs off of T2L will be similarly "surprising", I think there won't be any problem with this album.

I agree that we all want their best to be heard by the world, and anything that isn't - like the lyrics - you just want to say wait a minute listen to sing for absolution it's awesome or something like that :rolleyes:

But I do think the lyrics, certainly the lack of them, won't be too much of a problem as the song will be mostly played as an instrumental or only play the parts where he doesn't sing but I guess we shall find out.

So when I sit in that stadium in my muse T-shirt if anyone dares bad mouth the song around me they are getting my angry stare 101

I didn't want to jump to any conclusions by making predictions but I'll have a go:

Supremacy

Heavy song, sounds a bit like Take A Bow and Apocalypse Please had a child. Mixtures of some heavy synths and piano. Matt sings about being Supreme over all. Towards the end there is a breakdown with a lot of strings. Not overly bombastic but still quite epic sounding. One little section with Guitar in it.

Madness

The 1st Single to be released. Will be quite upbeat for the most part, not too much riffage but more of a banging bass drum combined with pulsating Bass rhythms. Odd spurts of guitar in fast paced parts, Chorus is considerably slower paced and has simple chord progression with Bliss Synths in the background. Matt sings about how we are all turning mad about the apocalypse. Slow paced section after second chorus will have a guitar solo and will all build up towards the end with the synths kicking back in.

Panic Station

Short song, 2nd Single. Features the 80's Disco Sound with the brass. Will go down well with fans. Quite a catchy song.

Prelude + Survival we know.

Follow Me

This will be the cheesiest sounding song on the album. Quite Acoustic sounding. Little to no guitar, just drums and bass with odd bits of Guitar. Matt's song about Bing and how to follow and believe in yourself. Not much to the song musically (quite simple to play) but lyrically it will be cheesy, yet with a strong message.

Animals

This will be a popular song played live all the time. It will be fast paced and upbeat with a Hysteria-esque bassline. Basically the new Hysteria. The lyrics will be about how Politicians are Animals and will take a few listens to understand. The chorus is grand and epic and has a 45 second guitar riffage outro. Live the song will have quite a few riffs on the end of it. Quite a complex song to play and the ending riffage will be some very heavy stuff!

Explorers

The song with a choir and strings. It will be slow for about 2 minutes and then it will slowly build up, climaxing in a massive, slow paced outro with an epic guitar solo. Lyrically about how we are all Exploring to find a new way of life, and the song will build the foundations for the themes of the rest of the album. Chris will provide backing vocals which can be heard quite clearly. When the song builds up to the climax, Matt will have a short piano segment a la Butterflies and Hurricanes, but just not him on his own. Will be played live without the choir.

Big Freeze

The MK Ultra of the album, will also be quite popular. The song will be mid paced and have a lot of Fuzz and Kaoss Pad messing around. Lyrically about the Big Freeze and how we need to prevent it. No guitar solo, but it will feature a lot between verses. The outro of the song features a Space Dementia-esque clattering of sounds and overall the whole song will sound quite epic. One of the more popular songs, but a lot of people will not understand it at first. Quite a confusing song, but overall quite good. Easy song to play. Also quite a lot of use of Falsetto at the ends of verses.

Save Me

A song about someone who has been stuck in life and needs saving. Quite a personal song but also quite a typical Muse Origin of Symmetry sound. The song will sound similair to Megalomania and feature Church Organ. During the second verse it builds up slightly like in Invincible, but there's no Guitar in the song. The chorus is sort of sung Call and Response-like and will be a live sing a long after a while (cries of "Save Me, Save Me" amongst other things). Matt will sing almost all of the verse but Chris will sing one line himself as well. The outro of the song has pounding drums and one by one the drum, bass and organ end in that order. Played Live every night, quite spectacular.

Liquid State

Short, straight to the point song. Paves the way for the double header finale. A lot of guitar in the song, the song has a short solo and sounds quite intense in the verses. The chorus is just the melody played on Guitar with the synth underlying it, plus lyrics about the subject in question. Will not be played live as much but will also have riffage at the end of it when it is played live.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

The whole song from the trailer. The reporter voice does feature. Once the dubstep part finishes (2 minute 30 mark), the song dies down a bit and then the first verse is sung. The verse builds up and Matt shouts "We are all" and the robot voice goes "Unsustainable" and then the dubstep part kicks in once more". For the outro of the song the robot voice and matt both shout the song name and Matt sings about The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics in the final verse. The song finishes with an outdrawn guitar solo which ends abruptly with the robot voice. The song opens the show every night, but the band only start once the first dubstep part kicks in, the first 1:30-ish of the song are shown on the screen with the accompanying video and the reporter voice.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

More laid back and relaxed than Unsustainable. No Dubstep in the song, for the first half it is a midtempo Resistance and Uprising style song where lyrically it explores the aspects of The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. Towards the end it becomes very epic and rocky and will be the new live closer, with a lot of complicated riffage at the end.

The Singles:

Madness

Panic Station

Animals

Big Freeze

That's all I can think of :p

Random idea I had when listening to 60's music yesterday: perhaps Animals, the title, is a small nod to The Animals. I mean, Matt obviously likes The House of the Rising Sun. It certainly is a very un-Muse-like song title, so who knows.

Too much hate for Follow Me :supersad:

I don't hate it- I'm seeing it now as kind of like Soldier's Poem with love lyrics.

My opinion on this album changes every day...

I'm lookin forward to Panic Station. Most likely because the name reminds me of Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups

Archived