Doesn't feel like an opener or closer to me.

Could work as the transition song from piano back to guitar, put in some epic buildup before the song kicks off at 1.25. That would rock - Matt starting on piano and the switching to guitar :awesome:.

No! That's New Born's job, and I'll go to hell before I see New Born replaced by anything! :p

Every tour/gig we dream of them finally having an orchestra, I doubt they will have one.

They'll just do what they do on the other OTT songs (BAH, USoE etc...) and use samples/Morgan for the extra parts.

I can see it being a pretty epic stormer live, it's so bombastic and has some great riffage.

If it's played live, I think it would be good to either walk on to, or to come back onto for an encore... The start, with the piano and choir can be played while they walk on, then when they get on, they start playing, from where the drums start.

Well, this time we have at least two songs who actually have choirs.

Btw, maybe not an orchestra, but a few choir&string&brass elements?

People also say that before every tour :LOL: We were dead certain they'd have to bring out an orchestra at some point when there was a symphonic song on The Resistance. Which never happened. And then again before the Wembley gigs.

Pretty sure they'll use backing tracks like always.

People also say that before every tour :LOL: We were dead certain they'd have to bring out an orchestra at some point when there was a symphonic song on The Resistance. Which never happened. And then again before the Wembley gigs.

Don't be so sure, it's getting more common now to bring a little string section/choir on tour... Kasabian had the Dirty Pretty Strings on their tour. It was just 4 girls with string instrumenta, but it worked. There's no need to go WAAAAYYY over the top, like Noel Gallagher did, and have something like, 80 people on stage at one time! :LOL:

I am stilly hugely disappointed that Exogenesis wasn't performed in its entirety with the orchestra. Wembley was the perfect chance.

Doesn't feel like an opener or closer to me.

Could work as the transition song from piano back to guitar, put in some epic buildup before the song kicks off at 1.25. That would rock - Matt starting on piano and the switching to guitar :awesome:.

Like the New New born....:LOL:

I dunno. I am not overly keen on the choir to be honest.

Not sure how it will be performed live yet but it will definitley be played live. It will be getting worldwide exposure and plus theyre performing it at the closing ceremony so it will be well rehersed by the time the tour comes round.

It will be a beast live, im sure of that.

Agreed! Will be interesting to see how they handle the choir element for the tour, though. It's hardly as if Chris can assume the role of the whole choir, haha. If it's a backing track I'll be pissed, cos it won't feel right, but only other way is to lug a real choir around with them on the road - not sure if that'll work but would be v cool with a real choir :D.

Muse have had years to take up the opportunity though...they may well do but I don't think it's more likely now that it has been before.

If anything like they normally do for the BBC (thinking Children in Need and Jools Holland 2009), they might have a small string section, but only for the Olympic gig.

As a gig opener I see Supremacy, with the strings tumbling down into a big crash, loads of distortion wails through into Plug in Baby.

As album opener I see Supremacy/Unsustainable way more than Survival.

I agree. Especially if that newsreader is part of the song itself.

I'm gonna assume there is something else before that bass drop and the song was edited to fit as a trailer. Would be weird to start off the album with a bass drop. :stunned:

As for Survival itself, it'll probably be near the beginning of the gig, or act as an opening for the encore.

Archived