Muse Write Official Song For the Olympics

KirkBot

Bets to see how long this lasts?

It's almost four years. So far.

I am obsessed and yeah it sounds silly. Everyone around me kept telling me that it won't last for long. I thought that myself too, all in all I had lots of different obsessions before and most of them last no more than half a year.

But my beginning with Muse weren't really easy. I didn't fall in love with them instantly; it was a really long process before I became THAT obsessed. And with Muse it is unique because that is the only band I love unconditionally and on the whole. There is no song I don't love (apart from the Who know who). And I know it will last for a very very long time. And even when it'll stop, the sentiment will remain :)

You can love a bands 'sound' so much that unless they stray really far from their original style, they can do no wrong for you. I don't think I would have loved songs like fury, hyper music, or even stockholm syndrome if I didn't already love muse before I heard them. But obviously most people don't feel that way, and only like the songs that suit their tastes (muse being such a diverse band)

Yeah, but there's a difference between loving the band and thinking they can do no wrong, wich is a very silly expectation on anything.

I'm not saying they never do/did/will do anything wrong. I don't expect them to be forever great. I just pointed out that I'd love everything they do/did/will do. Even if it's not good in others opinions.

But it doesn't really matter anymote. It is what it is and you can call it however you want to. I'm okay with how silly I am in others eyes;)

I'm not saying they never do/did/will do anything wrong. I don't expect them to be forever great. I just pointed out that I'd love everything they do/did/will do. Even if it's not good in others opinions.

But it doesn't really matter anymote. It is what it is and you can call it however you want to. I'm okay with how silly I am in others eyes;)

So if Matt released a track on TSL that was just him literally farting into a microphone for 17 minutes with a loop of him laughing hysterically and saying 'Problem?', you'd definitely love it without a doubt? Srs queshun bro

So if Matt released a track on TSL that was just him literally farting into a microphone for 17 minutes with a loop of him laughing hysterically and saying 'Problem?', you'd definitely love it without a doubt? Srs queshun bro

Oh my god :LOL:

She will probably answer yes.

ABSOLUTELY, hahahaah :LOL:

But seriously it's a matter of faith I guess. I believe in them cause so far they didn't disappoint me so I really think I will love anything they'll do. And I believe it won't be farting for 17 minutes :D

Maybe it is childlish and insane that I love everything they did (apart form Who knows who...) but it is how I feel about them and there's nothing to be changed. No one need to understand or like this. It's just my opinion, my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamyana, I completely understand what you are talking about.

It comes down to a question of what level you resonate with an artist, and how you appreciate art.

When you feel that you resonate with an artist at a certain level, you can appreciate work of theirs that you wouldn't have had it been created by someone else. Seems illogical? Perhaps, but it isn't.

I think this is most common when you're dealing with very versatile artists, like in this case - Muse (don't argue that Matthew Bellamy is not adventurous when it comes to incorporating new styles into his music).

It might sound strange but I think you can enjoy art not because an artist has done it, but because that artist could do it.

Personally I can enjoy songs for several reasons that's not limited to the music; It's created with struggle for perfection, it's complex but still accessible, and most importantly - a genuine piece of art outside of the artist's natural realm (i.e. a different genre). This isn't a better way to view art, but it can be seen as more scientific.

I know there are a few songs by my favourite band(s) I wouldn't have liked had they been made by somebody else. Thing is, I just love seeing (hearing) them experimenting with things they aren't expected to, and I can enjoy a "sloppier" song as a fun experiment.

In my opinion adventurous and experimental artists that do what's in the best interest of themselves are the true cultural heroes. We should just be glad Matthew Bellamy is not a shallow radio-friendly pop icon spewing out soulless garbage.

Except that it isn't even radio-friendly. Just soulless garbage.

They are not soulless garbage. Does anyone actually take any notice of what the songs are about? NSC was written about the sadness after a broken relationship and Guiding Light appears to be about a relationship going wrong. How can that be soulless? I don't much like Guiding Light because of the style of the song but even Guiding Light appears to be an attempt to express real stuff that means something and I can identify with the lyrics. I like NSC because the sentiment is reflected in the music.

It's fair enough not to like the songs for whatever reason, because you don't like the musical style or you think the lyrics are cheesy and unoriginal, but I think calling the songs soulless garbage takes it a bit too far.

But that's exactly what NSC and Guiding Light are.

In your humble opinion.

It's fair enough not to like the songs for whatever reason, because you don't like the musical style or you think the lyrics are cheesy and unoriginal, but I think calling the songs soulless garbage takes it a bit too far.

^THIS! Very much agree.

Dreamyana, I completely understand what you are talking about.

It comes down to a question of what level you resonate with an artist, and how you appreciate art.

When you feel that you resonate with an artist at a certain level, you can appreciate work of theirs that you wouldn't have had it been created by someone else. Seems illogical? Perhaps, but it isn't.

I think this is most common when you're dealing with very versatile artists, like in this case - Muse (don't argue that Matthew Bellamy is not adventurous when it comes to incorporating new styles into his music).

It might sound strange but I think you can enjoy art not because an artist has done it, but because that artist could do it.

Personally I can enjoy songs for several reasons that's not limited to the music; It's created with struggle for perfection, it's complex but still accessible, and most importantly - a genuine piece of art outside of the artist's natural realm (i.e. a different genre). This isn't a better way to view art, but it can be seen as more scientific.

I know there are a few songs by my favourite band(s) I wouldn't have liked had they been made by somebody else. Thing is, I just love seeing (hearing) them experimenting with things they aren't expected to, and I can enjoy a "sloppier" song as a fun experiment.

In my opinion adventurous and experimental artists that do what's in the best interest of themselves are the true cultural heroes. We should just be glad Matthew Bellamy is not a shallow radio-friendly pop icon spewing out soulless garbage.

Your point here is really interesting. I mean I never really think about it that way but it all makes sense. But I'm still not sure how it works in my case.

I think that maybe Muse has similar sensibility to art. I see the art and music in "their way". They create songs which touch me. It seems like they create songs which describes my own sensibility to the world and art in general. When I started to listen to them it was all very new to me. At first they seemed very weird and extraordinary to me, too extreme even and I really didn't fall in love instantly. It came with the passage of time. And it surprised me because this is the first time when everything they created touched me. First time it was the whole album and not one song that I liked. Every song of theirs means something to me. I'm still aware it sound silly but it really feels that way. It feels like I founf my soul mates just because I feel this strong connection to what they do/create.

And I'd really love to highlight the facet that what I love the most about them is that they are not afraid of experiments. I love that their albums are different. I can understand that for some people they have become worse - it natural thing, everyone has their own taste in art/music and everything else. I just don't like when people are trying to prove everyone who thinks differently that they're wrong. Perfection and good music is a relative concept. Everyone can have their own view on that and people should tolerate that.

Archived