Muse Write Official Song For the Olympics

KirkBot

I LOL'd then :facepalm: and stopped playing it on first listen.

The lyrics, Matt's vocals, the choir, the Chariots of Fire like intro ... I don't even want to hear the supposed "Bohemian Rhapsody" like parts ... :LOL:

I can't believe it. It's worse than NSC.

Muse fight the Powers That Be on one hand, and release the "official" for the money driven advertising fest that is the Olympic games.

Genius. :facepalm:

Ever thought this is their own way of taking the piss and one small step towards world domination?

we will never know..

Although I think if there was going to be a Muse song as an Olympic theme, "Butterflies & Hurricanes" is more appropriate.

But fits the olympics - together with Invincible - that one maybe even more...

I don't know why this song? some other Muse songs would be more appropriate for the Olympics Games! But they want an exclusive song so...

I don't like this song: the falsettos, the Matt's voice (what was that voice at the end?? and I was the impression that he would like to change his voice when he sings...), the rythm (I fall asleep when I hear the song...)

The only positive points: the intro with the piano and the guitar at the end :D

I'm not liking the song at all at the moment...but then I never really took to USoE either..and thats what it reminds me of.

However I am looking forward to seeing it performed live without Matt looking like a total cheese-meister :LOL:

Just heard the new 'ditty' from our boys, and have to say that my opinion is; GENIUS!

Us true Muse supporters have realised for a long time that MUSE were always destined for a full Orchestral and Operatic accompiament, and this offering is just a taste of what is to come.

Deep Purple tried a similar forage back in the seventies, without much success. But MUSE were born to embrace and join the cultural divide between classical and rock.

Love the tune, inspiring and uplifting

Just heard the new 'ditty' from our boys, and have to say that my opinion is; GENIUS!

Us true Muse supporters have realised for a long time that MUSE were always destined for a full Orchestral and Operatic accompiament, and this offering is just a taste of what is to come.

Deep Purple tried a similar forage back in the seventies, without much success. But MUSE were born to embrace and join the cultural divide between classical and rock.

Love the tune, inspiring and uplifting

Couldn't say better!

Archived